Reagan adviser: Fox News ‘self-brainwashing’ Republicans into a radical fringe party

Then they don't meet the qualifications to be called a Conservative.
I see few people nowadays who meet the qualifications to be called a REAL Conservative, and many who think they do, don't even know what a Conservative is. And they are not Conservatives, they are Reaganists, and he wasn't a Conservative either.

As for Fox News, it is very balanced, with very many liberals on their shows, that we have to put up with. Quite a contrast from that joke station MSNBC which rarely present a single Conservative.

If you're trying to twist this into Reagan being a liberal, you have failed.
He was a liberal in a number of ways. Just compare him with a REAL conservative, like the guy in my avatar.

1. In 1954, my guy, Ike, enacted Operation Wetback, chasing 2.1 million illegal alien invaders back to Mexico. 32 years later, Reagan gave 3 million of them AMNESTY.

2. During the 1970s, Reagan helped kill the Briggs Initiative, that would have banned gays from teaching in California public schools. Ike would never have sided with the gays.

3. Ike was the Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe, during World War II. While he was grinding his way across Germany in 1945, Reagan was in Hollywood making movies about it.

He was a liberal in a number of ways. Just compare him with a REAL conservative, like the guy in my avatar.

1. In 1954, my guy, Ike, enacted Operation Wetback, chasing 2.1 million illegal alien invaders back to Mexico. 32 years later, Reagan gave 3 million of them AMNESTY.

2. During the 1970s, Reagan helped kill the Briggs Initiative, that would have banned gays from teaching in California public schools. Ike would never have sided with the gays.

3. Ike was the Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe, during World War II. While he was grinding his way across Germany in 1945, Reagan was in Hollywood making movies about it.
Different era, different circumstances but Reagan was not a liberal.

He raised taxes.

He raised taxes.

From 70% all the way up to 28%.

He raised taxes.
Man, you're desperate.

He raised them after he lowered them. Fact. He was flexible, but his legacy is a disaster for the nonrich and the country- see sig. The only thing holding the New BS GOP together is propaganda/hate and brainwashed loudmouth chumps like you now lol...

He raised them after he lowered them. Fact. He was flexible, but his legacy is a disaster for the nonrich and the country- see sig. The only thing holding the New BS GOP together is propaganda/hate and brainwashed loudmouth chumps like you now lol...

He raised them after he lowered them. Fact.

He lowered the top rate from 70% to 28%. Down, down, down. Fact.

Perhaps like all Pub dupes, all you consider is fed income taxes. But the nonrich had to pay for all Reagan's BS....

"Ronald Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes," historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan's diaries, told NPR. "He knew that it was necessary at times. And so there's a false mythology out there about Reagan as this conservative president who came in and just cut taxes and trimmed federal spending in a dramatic way. It didn't happen that way. It's false."
It's important to note that Reagan's tax increases did not wipe out the effects of that initial tax cut. But they did eat up about half of it. And as Peter Beinart points out, the 1983 payroll tax hike went to pay for Social Security and Medicare. ("Reagan raised taxes to pay for government-run health care," Beinart writes.) Reagan also raised the gas tax and signed the largest corporate tax increase in history, an act Joshua Green writes would be "utterly unimaginable for any conservative to support today."

Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn t Square with Reality - CBS News

Perhaps like all Pub dupes, all you consider is fed income taxes. But the nonrich had to pay for all Reagan's BS....

"Ronald Reagan was never afraid to raise taxes," historian Douglas Brinkley, who edited Reagan's diaries, told NPR. "He knew that it was necessary at times. And so there's a false mythology out there about Reagan as this conservative president who came in and just cut taxes and trimmed federal spending in a dramatic way. It didn't happen that way. It's false."
It's important to note that Reagan's tax increases did not wipe out the effects of that initial tax cut. But they did eat up about half of it. And as Peter Beinart points out, the 1983 payroll tax hike went to pay for Social Security and Medicare. ("Reagan raised taxes to pay for government-run health care," Beinart writes.) Reagan also raised the gas tax and signed the largest corporate tax increase in history, an act Joshua Green writes would be "utterly unimaginable for any conservative to support today."

Ronald Reagan Myth Doesn t Square with Reality - CBS News

It's important to note that Reagan's tax increases did not wipe out the effects of that initial tax cut. But they did eat up about half of it.

70% down to 50%. Then down to 28%.

And as Peter Beinart points out, the 1983 payroll tax hike went to pay for Social Security and Medicare.

That's awful! LOL!
How much did he hike the payroll tax?

He cut fed income taxes, then loaded taxes up on the nonrich. Then state and local taxes and fees went up to make up the difference.- those ALSO hit the nonrich, Pub dupe.

He cut fed income taxes, then loaded taxes up on the nonrich. Then state and local taxes and fees went up to make up the difference.- those ALSO hit the nonrich, Pub dupe.

He cut fed income taxes, then loaded taxes up on the nonrich.

Which taxes did he load up?
By how much?

Then state and local taxes and fees went up

Which state taxes went up?
By how much?

payroll and corporate duh- and a lot

You brainwashed gits go on about fed income taxes forever, while payroll taxes are now more than they. lol brainwashed hater dupes. incredible....

payroll and corporate duh- and a lot

You brainwashed gits go on about fed income taxes forever, while payroll taxes are now more than they. lol brainwashed hater dupes. incredible....

He raised the payroll tax. It was horrible.

What was the rate before/after he hiked it?

Let me know it that's too tough a question for a lib dupe.

Forum List

Back