Ready the firing squad

When are lefties going to quit whining about only controlling 2/3 of the federal government? The Barry Hussein administration has been participating in a circular firing squad for three years.

Lets see. The Republicans had control of both houses of congress for 12 years. They had the presidency for 8 years. For 6 of those years they had "complete" control of government meaning they controlled both houses and the presidency.

What did they do?

Two unfunded wars, two unfunded tax cuts, an unfunded "prebate", well over 6 trillion in new debt and the worst recession since the great one.

What's not to like? By god, WE SHOULD DO THAT AGAIN.
There's no such thing as "unfounded" tax cut :eusa_shifty:
everytime we raise taxes we damage our economic growth

Actually, after 10 plus years, it would be considered a tax increase, and not, letting "tax cuts expire". Also, 2 republican senators and 1 democrat crossed party lines. :eusa_eh:

My bad on the line crossing.

As for the tax cuts expiring vs. tax hike...as originally written, the Bush tax cuts had an expiration date of 2011, at which time taxes would automatically revert back to the Clinton era rates.

So this is technically still about the "Bush tax cuts" expiring. This was not a bill to raise taxes on the rich, it was a bill to extend the expiration by one more year for the lower brackets.

So you are saying taxes were supposed to automatically increase in 2011?

Yes. That was the original expiration date signed by Bush. So you could call it a "Bush tax increase".

My bad on the line crossing.

As for the tax cuts expiring vs. tax hike...as originally written, the Bush tax cuts had an expiration date of 2011, at which time taxes would automatically revert back to the Clinton era rates.

So this is technically still about the "Bush tax cuts" expiring. This was not a bill to raise taxes on the rich, it was a bill to extend the expiration by one more year for the lower brackets.

Yes. That was the original expiration date signed by Bush. So you could call it a "Bush tax increase".

If that's the case, then it's no longer the "Bush Tax Cuts", and is now a tax increase.
I'm not trying to bully your posts, I'm just trying to get you to see where I'm coming from when I say it's now a tax increase.

If that's the case, then it's no longer the "Bush Tax Cuts", and is now a tax increase.
I'm not trying to bully your posts, I'm just trying to get you to see where I'm coming from when I say it's now a tax increase.

A Bush tax increase. Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Growth_and_Tax_Relief_Reconciliation_Act_of_2001

Last edited:

No, anything with Bush is off the table, because the politicians changed that playing field when they voted to not let the increases take place last year. Now it's the government's tax increase, g.

No, anything with Bush is off the table, because the politicians changed that playing field when they voted to not let the increases take place last year. Now it's the government's tax increase, g.

Nope. These are bills amending the original to extend Bush's expiration date.

Bush set the date when taxes would go up. His cuts were not permanent. So if you want to call this a tax increase, it was Bush who created it. If Bush had had his way, our taxes would have increased in 2011. Everyone's taxes. Not just the rich. Everyone.

This is a Bush tax increase. You are the one who insists it is a tax increase, and it is Bush who wrote it.

You cannot escape that fact.

Last edited:
When are lefties going to quit whining about only controlling 2/3 of the federal government? The Barry Hussein administration has been participating in a circular firing squad for three years.

Lets see. The Republicans had control of both houses of congress for 12 years. They had the presidency for 8 years. For 6 of those years they had "complete" control of government meaning they controlled both houses and the presidency.

What did they do?

Two unfunded wars, two unfunded tax cuts, an unfunded "prebate", well over 6 trillion in new debt and the worst recession since the great one.

Well put. The GOP thugs I think have some kind of mental illness by wanting to go back to the epically failed GOP policies that destroyed the nation in the first place.

What did they do?

Well put. The GOP thugs I think have some kind of mental illness by wanting to go back to the epically failed GOP policies that destroyed the nation in the first place.

oh brother.....:rolleyes:

What did they do?

Oh look.. same old standbys... tax cuts, war, Booooosh recession, Booooooooooosssssshhhhhhhh, and Booooooooooooooooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

1) This is more pandering again.. playing class warfare and people against each other
2) Instead of the pandering, they should be focused on simplifying the tax code and treating everyone and every dollar equally in the tax code
3) Raising taxes will lead to raising spending, AGAIN

I would rather be seeing bills presented that cut spending, than raising taxes

What did they do?

Very detailed and intelligent statement. I really like all your facts you presented. :clap2:

Full-Auto, onecut39, et al,

OK, I am at a loss. I understand that neither party is interested in rebuilding America's infrastructure, boosting science and technology projects, research and development, lowering the cost of education, or putting people back to work in America. I get that.

I understand that neither party is interested in reducing the outsourcing of jobs in America, or improving the tax law such that it is more advantageous to business to produce here in America, than to outsource jobs. I get that.

I understand that Congress is not interested in controlling major financial institution and will bail them out at taxpayer (Middle Class) expense, rather than hold their feet to the fire. Maximize the Wealth of the Shareholder at the expense of the taxpayer: I get that.

BUT, what is the story here. WHY does one side want a tax cut, and the other side not? What is the story behind the story.

Ready, aim.................

The house republicans will shoot this down. They surely would not have the integrity to try to vote on the millionaires taxes as a separate issue.

Perhaps they will just let the bill die of neglect, lacking the courage to even vote no.

Thank you for exposing what a true low life you are.

All Americans should be treated equally. Period..........
(OBSERVATIONs and QUESTIONs)

What is the strategy here?

NEW ORLEANS – Just hours after the Senate voted to extend tax cuts for the middle class, President Obama accused House Republicans of holding the tax cuts “hostage” until the nation agrees to spend $1 trillion on tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans.
SOURCE: Obama: GOP Holding Middle-Class Tax Cuts ‘Hostage’ - ABC News

What makes it advantageous for the Democrats (The Administration) to promote a tax cut? What does that do for the nation?

Why do the Republicans want a cut for the wealthiest? What does that do for the nation?

Or is there something all together different behind the scenes that I am not understanding?

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Why don't we just all pay the same %. Even the 40 or so percent that don't pay anything. Rich and poor we are all in this together. You can call it class warefare if you want but it is still war and war is hell.

Forum List

Back