Ready for Spring!

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
I know that there are plenty of USMBers who are just as horny as I am to get out there and get some plants in the ground. The middle of February is the limit I have until my yen to get planting and watering and weeding going again.

I found some great 'recipes' for window boxes. I'm going to put another flower bed out front this Spring and I'm thinking annuals only for that. Maybe some perennial hyssop along the top of the new retaining wall just to soften that edge.

I just want to get my hands dirty again!

It's my way of freeing my inner Appalachian. I'm just a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon away from turning a tire inside out, whitewashing it and filling it with petunias.

Once I get my two Dutch children kissing statuettes, the trailer will be ready for Spring.

I know that there are plenty of USMBers who are just as horny as I am to get out there and get some plants in the ground. The middle of February is the limit I have until my yen to get planting and watering and weeding going again.

I found some great 'recipes' for window boxes. I'm going to put another flower bed out front this Spring and I'm thinking annuals only for that. Maybe some perennial hyssop along the top of the new retaining wall just to soften that edge.

We made a trip all the way to town yesterday just to buy birdseed with nuts and fruits, oh, yeah, and a repair kit for the truck bumper. Does that count? :D

We made a trip all the way to town yesterday just to buy birdseed with nuts and fruits, oh, yeah, and a repair kit for the truck bumper. Does that count? :D

If you plant the bird seed and a crop of birds comes up, it counts!:lol:

I'm still waiting for the garden centers at the home improvement stores open up. The little greenhouses where you can find those amazing flats of annuals are the true harbingers of Spring. Wearing a blister on your credit card while wondering why you spent so damn much on flowers is the apprehension, second only to Income Tax day should be the only concern you have in the Spring.

If you plant the bird seed and a crop of birds comes up, it counts!:lol:

I'm still waiting for the garden centers at the home improvement stores open up. The little greenhouses where you can find those amazing flats of annuals are the true harbingers of Spring. Wearing a blister on your credit card while wondering why you spent so damn much on flowers is the apprehension, second only to Income Tax day should be the only concern you have in the Spring.
Well, they have petunias on sale here. I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday at the local Home Depot garden area, considering the horrid year we had last year. We not only had the worst drought in the history of the state, we also had a bloody hateful run of freezes as late as March here. Killed 7 citrus trees I had just planted, too. It was a Bearcat last year. :evil:

The only defense is to spend the big bucks on a greenhouse, and orangeries, and.... a smart maintenance staff of horticulturalists to keep it up! lol

Wanna rub some salt into a sore wound that achin' for spring is? Go here. It has nonstop witchety-witchity-witch calls of the Common yellowthroat singing his heart out. After listening to it for 20 minutes, I am quite the rummy person. :tongue:

Last edited:
I am horny for different reasons.
But it is going to be 70 degrees here today.

I bought a couple of those flower pouches on line yesterday. I've seen them in greenhouses already planted with wave petunias for as much as $20.00 each. The empty bags cost less than $1.50 each.

Everyone turns up their nose and says "I've never had any luck with those!"

Have you? What's the secret?

Ready for Spring!
Yup.........

allegra_allergy.jpg

I started planting lettuce in the middle of February, then a little bit later planted some spinach and radishes, onions, broccoli, swiss chard, potatoes, and now I'm starting to get the pepper and tomato plants in the ground. Between that and some push mowing I'm starting to get back in shape after being lazy all winter.

I started planting lettuce in the middle of February, then a little bit later planted some spinach and radishes, onions, broccoli, swiss chard, potatoes, and now I'm starting to get the pepper and tomato plants in the ground. Between that and some push mowing I'm starting to get back in shape after being lazy all winter.

Since its hitting the 90's where I live, it seems a bit LATE for Spring.....

Since its hitting the 90's where I live, it seems a bit LATE for Spring.....

Yeah, I hear ya! I'm hoping everything doesn't start bolting. Maybe it's the FUCKYOUSHIMA Nuclear summer? :p

Forum List

Back