Ready for Nuclear War over Ukraine?

Very weird. I did a Google search on "US 173rd Airborne Brigade Commander Colonel Michael Foster said at the Center for Strategic and International Studies" and got some really obscure sites as hits, and only really obscure sites. Apparently what at the root of all of those is a discussion with Commander Foster at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. As it is almost an hour long it will take me a little bit to watch it.

Just got around to watching the video. I can not begin to say how refreshing and wholesome this was. In a world of who is financing who and whose side are we one today watching this warms the heart. Maybe more so because I was Army, and airborne, but even with all biases aside in my book this is one of the good guys. Please take a look and I hope you agree, America's finest. :salute:

So we a renewal of the "General Patton would've and should've kicked the Ruskies' asses." No, he could not and wound not. The USSR would have been on the English Channel in four weeks if that had happened.

No, we are not going to have a nuclear war on Ukraine's behalf.

So we a renewal of the "General Patton would've and should've kicked the Ruskies' asses." No, he could not and wound not. The USSR would have been on the English Channel in four weeks if that had happened.

We have one mission and one mission only: Keep the little green men from moving south. Even ignoring the desires on the Balkans Putin has got his eyes all over the Middle East with potential alliances and weapon sales. Putin will make Iran look like it is standing still.

The odd thing is I believe in the end times scenario. Putin's moves fall right in with the prophecies. I feel like I am going against God's will trying to prevent it. I can just see Him planning my punishment for being a pain.

Dam that UN has done another great job in protecting the sanctity of ones country. Wow and one has to investigate further why the UN is nothing more or less than a waste of money and time.

And I looked up what you referring to. I read a great book about Patton but I do not remember it discussing after the end of conflict.

The Foresight of Patton FrontPage Magazine
June 24, 2014 by Robert Orlando
In early May 1945, as the Allies shut down the Nazi war machine, Patton stood with his massive 3rd Army on the outskirts of Prague in a potential face off with the Red Army. He pleaded for General Eisenhower’s green light to advance and capture the city for the Allies, which also would have meant containment of the Russians. British Prime Minister Churchill also thought the move a crucial and beneficial one for post-war Europe and insisted upon it, but to no avail. Eisenhower denied Patton’s request, and the Russians took the region, which would pay dearly for years to come. Earlier that year, at the February conference in Yalta, President Roosevelt, with Churchill at his side, extended the hand of friendship to “Uncle Joe” Stalin and signed his Faustian pact. In so doing, the destiny of millions was reduced to mass starvation, blood revenge, and distant gulags. At the time, Patton understood the tragedy of this event and wrote, “We promised the Europeans freedom. It would be worse than dishonorable not to see that they have it. This might mean war with the Russians, but what of it?”

Berlin also was given to Stalin’s Army as red meat to feed the dictator’s appetite for killing Germans. To some, including Patton, this was an unnecessary and devastating concession. In late April 1945, Patton claimed he could take Berlin in just “two days,” an assessment shared by the commander of the 9th Army, General William H. Simpson. As with Prague, Patton’s request to secure Berlin was denied. Sadly, after Patton finally reached the ravaged city, he wrote his wife on July 21, 1945, ” for the first week after they took it (Berlin), all women who ran were shot and those who did not were raped. I could have taken it (instead of the Soviets) had I been allowed.”

Dam that UN has done another great job in protecting the sanctity of ones country. Wow and one has to investigate further why the UN is nothing more or less than a waste of money and time.
It is times like these when one does wonder.

The UN never signed the Budapest Memorandum.
It's the US' responsibility to kick the Russkies out.
What are they waiting for?

I was looking for another video for a post I was putting together and came across this one. Hard to believe this is from 2010.

It would be most unfortunate if this gets cancelled. These are not just military training missions these are diplomatic missions. I included two videos which I hope communicates this well.

Fate of US training mission to Ukraine could depend on cease-fire - Europe - Stripes
John Vandiver. Stars and Stripes. March 5, 2015
If final approval from the White House isn’t granted in a matter of days, plans to send U.S. paratroopers into western Ukraine this month for a long-planned training mission will be pushed back if not canceled outright, U.S. military officials say.

Only a few weeks ago, plans for the 173rd Airborne Brigade to train three Ukrainian national guard battalions appeared to be set in stone. However, U.S. officials have been analyzing the results of a new cease-fire in eastern Ukraine, where for the past year government forces have been waging a battle against Russian-backed separatist fighters.

And in the end, we may see a new border, with Brit, German and US tanks patrolling it. I realize you see neocons, and to a degree I agree. But, Obama, Kerry, Hillary and Biden aren't neocons. And Putin needs this conflict just as Bibi needs his. To perpetually retain power, they both must be seen as the one leader who can protect the motherland.
"(Reuters) - No normalization of ties between Ukraine and Russia is likely unless the region of Crimea, now under Russian control, is returned to Kiev's sovereignty, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said on Tuesday.

"Klimkin, on the second day of his two-day trip to Japan, also said the border between Ukraine and Russia needed to be completely closed to achieve any settlement to the armed conflict between Kiev and pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine.

"He reiterated his government's stance as a ceasefire deal, reached last month in Minsk, is broadly holding on the front line, but fighters in the separatist stronghold of Donetsk are training for another round of clashes against government troops."

If western tanks roll into Ukraine, Putin will take off the gloves much as he did with Georgia in 2008. Maybe that's one reason the Nuclear Doomsday Clock is back where it was in 1983, three minutes to oblivion.

Ukraine says return of Crimea a must for mending ties with Russia Reuters
Western Tanks may be all that dissuades Vlad.

Vlad's generals won't be dissuaded by western tanks in Ukraine anymore than US generals would blink at Russian tanks in Mexico. Ever since Gulf War I, Russians have made it clear they will resort to tactical nuclear weapons if they feel their homeland is threatened by western terrorism.

Vlad's generals won't be dissuaded by western tanks in Ukraine anymore than US generals would blink at Russian tanks in Mexico. Ever since Gulf War I, Russians have made it clear they will resort to tactical nuclear weapons if they feel their homeland is threatened by western terrorism.
There's no western terrorism in Ukraine. It appears that Vlad is reequipping the seperatists for another offensive. If that happens, then there really will not be an option other than giving them anti-tank weapons and artillery. That is not ideal, and a cease fire even with Russia keeping the territory would be preferable. Ukraine cannot take Russia, but they can probably hold their own against the separatists ... given parity. I suspect in the end Vlad will conquer all majority Russian speaking territory. But the question is what then?

Vlad could have had a demilitarized/non-militarily aligned but free market Ukraine. The unanswered question was why didn't he take that?

Vlad could have had a demilitarized/non-militarily aligned but free market Ukraine. The unanswered question was why didn't he take that?
I think he would answer that question with one of his own; why did NATO proceed with its eastward expansion after pledging not to do so in 1989?

Whether Putin and his generals are correct in believing the Cold War has been restarted by DC with Kiev instead of Berlin as the dividing line, they can't afford to back down from the western barbarians on their doorstep.

I think he would answer that question with one of his own; why did NATO proceed with its eastward expansion after pledging not to do so in 1989?

Whether Putin and his generals are correct in believing the Cold War has been restarted by DC with Kiev instead of Berlin as the dividing line, they can't afford to back down from the western barbarians on their doorstep.
Barbarians. Merkel strikes me as a decent sort.

There were two sides in why Nato continued to expand. The former soviet puppets fearing Russian aggression. There was never any threat to invade Russia itself. THAT is Putin's issue to detract from the fact that his economic model has stalled out. And that is the heart of the conflict. Not that the CIA is hunky doory with Putin having the keys to western Europe's gas supply.

There were two sides in why Nato continued to expand. The former soviet puppets fearing Russian aggression.
Russia was in no position to pose a threat against any of its former republics in '89 and '90. From Russia's perspective, the US has surrounded Russia with military bases, orchestrated a slew of "color" revolutions in its former republics, and, one year ago, helped overthrow a corrupt yet duly elected president in Ukraine. Can you be sure that fifty years from now the CIA complicity in Ukraine won't be as well known as its role in the overthrow of a duly elected prime minister in Iran fifty years ago?

New Topics

Forum List

Back