Ready for another war, kids?

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same. :thup:

Edited to add this for the Liberals who have already come in and Continued the Lie that Saddam never had WMD:

Saddam had them... The UN Documented and Sealed 109 Facilities with Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them just before our Invasion...

They were "Missing" once we were done play Footsies with the Frogs and the UN.

Fact not Fiction.
:thup:

:)

peace...

Last edited:
Nope. Not ready for another war at all. I didn't want the last one (Libya).

Syria is so afraid of obama that they started mixing the chemicals right away.

obama is quickly becoming the world's Mr. Cellophane.

Sarin itself has a shelf life of just a few weeks.

Keeping the precursors separate provides a shelf life of about 5 years:

Nations stockpiling sarin have tried to overcome the problem of its short shelf life in three ways. One way is to lengthen the shelf life of unitary (pure) sarin by increasing the purity of the precursor and intermediate chemicals and refining the production process. Another way to increase shelf life is by incorporating a stabilizer chemical. Initially used was tributylamine, but later this was replaced by diisopropylcarbodiimide (DIC), which allowed for sarin to be stored in aluminum casings. Finally, stockpiling of sarin can be improved by developing binary chemical weapons, where the two precursor chemicals are stored separately in the same shell, and mixed to form the agent immediately before or when the shell is in flight. This approach has the dual benefit of making the issue of shelf life irrelevant and greatly increasing the safety of sarin munitions. However, experts do not put the shelf life of this type of weapon past 5 years.

Sarin - New World Encyclopedia

The invasion of Iraq was nearly 10 years ago, people.

Except that Syria has had it's own chemical weapons program since the 80's. But I suppose if we do find some of them in Syria we will know if they were Saddam's because it was the West that supplied Saddam with the necessary hardware and precursor chemicals to make them.

Sarin itself has a shelf life of just a few weeks.

Keeping the precursors separate provides a shelf life of about 5 years:

Nations stockpiling sarin have tried to overcome the problem of its short shelf life in three ways. One way is to lengthen the shelf life of unitary (pure) sarin by increasing the purity of the precursor and intermediate chemicals and refining the production process. Another way to increase shelf life is by incorporating a stabilizer chemical. Initially used was tributylamine, but later this was replaced by diisopropylcarbodiimide (DIC), which allowed for sarin to be stored in aluminum casings. Finally, stockpiling of sarin can be improved by developing binary chemical weapons, where the two precursor chemicals are stored separately in the same shell, and mixed to form the agent immediately before or when the shell is in flight. This approach has the dual benefit of making the issue of shelf life irrelevant and greatly increasing the safety of sarin munitions. However, experts do not put the shelf life of this type of weapon past 5 years.

Sarin - New World Encyclopedia

The invasion of Iraq was nearly 10 years ago, people.

What about mustard, anthrax, etc all the other juicy stuff?

Where are the mushroom clouds Condi was talking about, dumbazzes? We always KNEW he had chemical weapons, since Ronnie Raygun helped him with them...Pub dupes drone on...

With any chemical agent, you are pushing the limit after a decade. I seriously doubt Syria would trust ten year old chemical agents.

As for biologicals like anthrax:

Long shelf life: The liquid form of anthrax weapon can be stored at 0°C for
approximately one year. The dry form has a much longer shelf life; no decay was
observed even after five years in storage. Spores can remain viable for many years,
despite significant changes in light and temperature.

http://www.bioterrorism.cme.uab.edu/categorya/anthrax/anthrax.pdf

Syria is a client state of Iran, and a friend of Egypt.

I would look in those countries for the source of Syria's chemical agents.

Egypt has been very unstable. Things can go missing when a guy like Mubarek is being shoved toward the door.

In any case, I would not make any desperate assumptions about the source of these materials out of some misplaced partisan bias.

With any chemical agent, you are pushing the limit after a decade. I seriously doubt Syria would trust ten year old chemical agents.

observed even after five years in storage. Spores can remain viable for many years,

I see, so its a use em or lose em type thing.

I see, so its a use em or lose em type thing.

With chemicals, yeah.

Biologicals, you can probably culture them forever.

Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same.

I trust this time they'd be actual weapons, not just imaginary ones. :cool:

Saddam had them... The UN Documented and Sealed 109 Facilities with Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them just before our Invasion...

They were "Missing" once we were done play Footsies with the Frogs and the UN.

Fact not Fiction. :thup:

:)

peace...

As much as I dislike Bush II, I find it very reasonable that Iraq at least tried to keep WMDs. Same with Syria. Did Condi lie? I dunno.

I am not too excited by another war, but hey, during the last one I said we may as well keep a standing army there for fifty years if this was going to be our national mindset.

Forum List

Back