Reading Gracie's "A Different Path" thread got me thinking

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
This is what religion's supposed to be like. Positive, uplifting, practical. Not negative, persecutory, judgemental. If everyone practiced their faith similar to how Gracie does her's, we'd all be better off.

I feel that religion should be used to empower the attributes of our human Nature which we choose to focus on the most... and help us embrace the "Light", or embrace the "Dark", or embrace both "Light" and "Dark", or neglect both "Light" and "Dark"... according to our Will...

If a person's religious beliefs conform to the Wiccan Rede's "If it harm none, do as you will" then I have zero problems with it. When it doesn't, and starts to negatively impact others then I have a big problem with it and will raise up an army and do my darndest to destroy it.

If a person's religious beliefs conform to the Wiccan Rede's "If it harm none, do as you will" then I have zero problems with it. When it doesn't, and starts to negatively impact others then I have a big problem with it and will raise up an army and do my darndest to destroy it.

Then you'd best raise up an army because humanity will never see the day when all religions embrace that perspective.

Then you'd best raise up an army because humanity will never see the day when all religions embrace that perspective.

You haven't noticed my threads objecting to such religions? :)

Delta there is a problem with that, correcting what is wrong or unjust is a necessary step to improving things or keeping order. Without it there is chaos, which is why it says the judge creates order from out of the chaos...all the messages are to fix that which is broken, to bring order out of the chaos we created and that exists in nature.
Use this example:
ever see those programs on tv like the nanny who has to fix parents and judge their parenting style with similar ideas as your OP suggested? The kids get so wickedly bad without structure and guidance and judgement on their behavior. Look at regions without laws how does that work out?

Forum List

Back