Read, ye noahides, and repent.

Kathianne said:
Where the heresies? By the way, that would be 'are', not 'is', plural ya know.

but the subject to match the verb with is 'list' not 'heresies', hence the correctness of my grammar, teach. Can you spell "smackdown"? The smackdown in this thread be apparent.

I think any organization which claims it's human leader is infallible has totalitarianism as it's main design.

rtwngAvngr said:
but the subject to match the verb with is 'list' not 'heresies', hence the correctness of my grammar, teach. Can you spell "smackdown"? The smackdown in this thread be apparent.

I think any organization which claims it's human leader is infallible has totalitarianism as it's main design.
right on grammar, RWA, wrong on thread.

You still haven't addressed the heresies, just your protestant reaction to the pope.

rtwngAvngr said:
I also have problems with the Catholic church? Infallibility of the pope? The list of catholic heresies is also huge. Any group which seeks worldy power, instead of abjuring individuals to come to god personally and voluntarily is a abomination and is probably part of the satanic totalitarian plot.

Huh? I disagree with catholic doctrine, but that isn't what I was talking about. I was wondering why you want to use the big stick of government power to cut trade with China (this is commonly accepted as an act of war) and invade countries in the mideast.

To rephrase the question, "Did Jesus ever tell his disciples to overthrow tyrannical governments, or travel to foreign lands to stir up dissent, or petition their rulers to conquer other governments?"

See, here is my problem with all this.

You say Jews are so evil. But you encourage us to follow Christ. Well Jesus was a Jew. His parents were Jews, His simblings were Jews, His best friends in life were Jews. He lived and taught among the Jews. And He tried to reach out to His brethren,

Without the Jews we wouldn't have a Bible. We should be reaching out to them in love to persuade them to follow their Messiah, not hating them. Do you think the Lord will hesitate to graft pure branches of the House of Israel back into the tree of life if they listen? And do you think the Lord will hesitate to cut off any wild branch from the tree if they dont listen?

5stringJeff said:
So, RWA, which of us on here are attempting to water down the Gospel by including Jewish doctrine in it?

I am just trying to figure out how there can be anything but Jewish doctrine in the Gospel. The Gospel is the Doctrine of Christ, He was Jewish. Its Jewish doctrine we preach. We serve the God of Israel.

With all the promises of the Lord to the House of Israel in the last days, why would you want to hate and persecute them? Yeah like I want to get God ticked at me. Id rather help with the gathering of Israel then persecution.

But hey dont take my word for it. Why dont you go talk to the Lord about what you have been advocating lately. I am sure He will convince you of the error of your way.

I am just trying to figure out how there can be anything but Jewish doctrine in the Gospel. The Gospel is the Doctrine of Christ, He was Jewish. Its Jewish doctrine we preach. We serve the God of Israel.

With all the promises of the Lord to the House of Israel in the last days, why would you want to hate and persecute them? Yeah like I want to get God ticked at me. Id rather help with the gathering of Israel then persecution.

But hey dont take my word for it. Why dont you go talk to the Lord about what you have been advocating lately. I am sure He will convince you of the error of your way.

Actually christ was the first christian. He believed he was the divine son of god, this is not what the jews believe. Maybe you need to reread a few things.

If jews today actually adhered to the old testament, that would be fine, but their faith has been corrupted by the talmud, which jesus spoke against as well. The talmud is a perversion of faith.

See, here is my problem with all this.

You say Jews are so evil. But you encourage us to follow Christ. Well Jesus was a Jew. His parents were Jews, His simblings were Jews, His best friends in life were Jews. He lived and taught among the Jews. And He tried to reach out to His brethren,

Without the Jews we wouldn't have a Bible. We should be reaching out to them in love to persuade them to follow their Messiah, not hating them. Do you think the Lord will hesitate to graft pure branches of the House of Israel back into the tree of life if they listen? And do you think the Lord will hesitate to cut off any wild branch from the tree if they dont listen?

I say jews are so evil? I say they have been confused by ill prepared text.

And jesus was actually the first christian.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me'" (John 14:6).

There Is New Covenant avatar, or haven't you heard. Some cling to the old because of their egos.

We might as well be helping anyone establish a global kingdom, hoping they will change. Their covenant is no longer special, despite the mind control they've put on the masses.

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually christ was the first christian. He believed he was the divine son of god, this is not what the jews believe. Maybe you need to reread a few things.

If jews today actually adhered to the old testament, that would be fine, but their faith has been corrupted by the talmud, which jesus spoke against as well. The talmud is a perversion of faith.

Jesus would never have identified himself as anything but a Jew. Jesus didn't speak out against the "talmud", which I'm not even certain existed then, though I'd have to check. He spoke out against the pharisees and San Hedrin and those aspects of religion which were used by people for purposes of getting and maintaining political power.

He spoke truth to power :)

jillian said:
Jesus would never have identified himself as anything but a Jew. Jesus didn't speak out against the "talmud", which I'm not even certain existed then, though I'd have to check. He spoke out against the pharisees and San Hedrin and those aspects of religion which were used by people for purposes of getting and maintaining political power.

He spoke truth to power :)

But in retrospect, we see he was the first christian, his own commentary on the nature of his existence makes him very clearly the first christian.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me'" (John 14:6). This is not the belief of a jew.

Additionally, here jesus is clearly talking about the "oral traditions" which were in an early state at his time.

mark 7; 6-13

6: And he said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, `This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;
7: in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'
8: You leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men."
9: And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition!
10: For Moses said, `Honor your father and your mother'; and, `He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die';
11: but you say, `If a man tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is Corban' (that is, given to God) --
12: then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13: thus making void the word of God through your tradition which you hand on. And many such things you do."

Here is what God said to Abraham as he created the Jewish people...
Genesis 12

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

more at link...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=12&version=31

I used the King James version for a reason here. Had God been speaking only to Abraham the familiar/singular "Thee" would be used... God used the plural/polite "You" rather than the familiar here speaking of all of the nation he would create not just of Abraham...

no1tovote4 said:
Here is what God said to Abraham as he created the Jewish people...
Genesis 12

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

more at link...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=12&version=31

I used the King James version for a reason here. Had God been speaking only to Abraham the familiar/singular "Thee" would be used... God used the plural/polite "You" rather than the familiar here speaking of all of the nation he would create not just of Abraham...

Well christians believe the jews screwed up due to perversion of the law, and that jesus was another chance for them as well as for all of humanity. The jews so far have missed this chance too. This is what christians believe, Hence it being a separate religion with slightly different beliefs.

I'm not interested in your Masonic, Theosophical, Satanic, Kabbalistic, Talmudic Trash talk.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well christians believe the jews screwed up due to perversion of the law, and that jesus was another chance for them as well as for all of humanity. The jews so far have missed this chance too. This is what christians believe, Hence it being a separate religion with slightly different beliefs.

I'm not interested in your Masonic, Theosophical, Satanic, Kabbalistic, Talmudic Trash talk.

Where did God say "Unless you miss your chance..."?

dmp said:
Where did God say "Unless you miss your chance..."?

Do you believe there's a new covenant through christ?

Do you believe the following?

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me'" (John 14:6).

does this say "no one comes to the father, but through me, unless they're jewish."?

rtwngAvngr said:

And Jesus was Jewish, ethnically. Maybe you need to reread the genealogies of Christ, which show the fulfillment of the prophecies, made through Jewish prophets, that a descendant of King David would be the Messiah.

rtwngAvngr said:

does this say "no one comes to the father, but through me, unless they're jewish."?

What's your point? Did God Lie or change his mind about His People? Does God HATE His people?

Why does this even matter??

rtwngAvngr said:

You are uninterested in what God actually stated about the Jews? Working for their salvation, yes. Saying that they are evil? Well, read the verse...

"I will curse those who curse you..."

Just as Christians work to save my soul, they should work to save these people's souls not judge them as unworthy of all support.

I am uninterested in you paranoid fantasies about world domination.

no1tovote4 said:
You are uninterested in what God actually stated about the Jews? Working for their salvation, yes. Saying that they are evil? Well, read the verse...

"I will curse those who curse you..."

Just as Christians work to save my soul, they should work to save these people's souls not judge them as unworthy of all support.

I am uninterested in you paranoid fantasies about world domination.

There WAS a special covenant with the jews. Then a new covenant was made for everyone AND the jews TOO through christ. They had become too obsessed with their human laws and their elitism. You're ignore the passage of time and how things actually change over time.

Aren't you a buddhist?

dmp said:
What's your point? Did God Lie or change his mind about His People? Does God HATE His people?

Why does this even matter??

CHanged his mind. Jesus said they had
started passing off the thoughts of men as divine law. Read mark 7 1-14 or so.

Forum List

Back