CDZ Read this article and tell us we don't need the death penalty...

The real problem was that effing judge that let the guy out of prison. How many people have erroneously been put to death via the death penalty? Every once in awhile we hear of a case where we find out that some person has been wrongfully locked up for 30 effing years, had we executed the person we would have put to death the wrong person. Personally, I don't think as a society we should take that chance. Instead, we need to make sure people like McDuff never get out of prison.

Not sure what the sourcing for it is but last night I was watching the story about Darlie Routier--suburban mom who was convicted of killing two of her kids. Anyway, on Death Row...on average about 5 inmates per year are found to have been innocent. Not recently convicted people...these are the condemned and 5 per year are set free due to new evidence, confessions, etc... Again, I don't know where that stat comes from but they announce it each week.

Attached is a comprehensive list. 162 have been freed from DEATH ROW....

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

The system worked.......

And yet we have clear cases of murderers who go on to kill again..... I am more than willing to make sure no innocent people are killed, but actual murderers who are guilty and can't be confused for an innocent....they should be killed, to save lives and give the families of the victims peace.

The real problem was that effing judge that let the guy out of prison. How many people have erroneously been put to death via the death penalty? Every once in awhile we hear of a case where we find out that some person has been wrongfully locked up for 30 effing years, had we executed the person we would have put to death the wrong person. Personally, I don't think as a society we should take that chance. Instead, we need to make sure people like McDuff never get out of prison.

Not sure what the sourcing for it is but last night I was watching the story about Darlie Routier--suburban mom who was convicted of killing two of her kids. Anyway, on Death Row...on average about 5 inmates per year are found to have been innocent. Not recently convicted people...these are the condemned and 5 per year are set free due to new evidence, confessions, etc... Again, I don't know where that stat comes from but they announce it each week.

Attached is a comprehensive list. 162 have been freed from DEATH ROW....

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

Let's use your post to reset the thread.....

You don't want innocent people killed.... but are fine with allowing innocent people being murdered by men like this....

Fort Worth, Texas, 1966: Teenagers Mark Dunnam, Robert Brand, and Edna Sullivan were hanging out one evening at a neighborhood ballfield when Kenneth McDuff approached them with gun drawn. He robbed them, then forced them into the trunk of their car. “They got a good look at my face. I’ll have to kill them,” he told Roy Dale Green, a friend who was tagging along with him. He drove his victims out into the country, killed the boys by shooting them in the face, then raped the girl, had his buddy rape her, raped her again, and finally threw her down and pressed a broomstick against her throat until her neck broke. His accomplice, horrified and remorseful, walked into a police station and ratted him out the next day..............

Austin, Texas, 1991: Colleen Reed, a young accountant, was hosing down her car one night at a self-service car wash when Kenneth McDuff lunged into her wash bay and dragged her to his car in the next bay over . . .

Wait a minute! Is that the same Kenneth McDuff who killed those kids in 1966?
------

“Don’t Be Like Pontius Pilate”

We now rejoin Kenneth McDuff and Colleen Reed. Saved from the electric chair by the Supreme Court, and granted parole because of a federal judge’s order to ease prison crowding, McDuff killed Reed five days after Christmas 1991. Her bones weren’t found until 1998; McDuff was convicted of her murder on the testimony of Alva Hank Worley, like Roy Green in 1966 a compliant accomplice, who was out cruising Austin with McDuff that night.

Worley had a child of his own, a girl of 14, and when detectives looking for McDuff questioned him and appealed to his paternal feelings, Worley broke down. He actually started screaming. The distraught man unburdened himself, telling how Reed cried, “Please, not me,” when McDuff grabbed her, how they took turns raping her on the way out of town, and how McDuff asked to borrow a shovel as he dropped Worley off at his house, saying, “I’m going to use her up.”

A few weeks after that, McDuff abducted Melissa Ann Northrup, a 22-year-old pregnant mother of two, from the Waco convenience store where they both worked. Her body was found two months later in a gravel pit near Dallas. This case got McDuff on “America’s Most Wanted,” which led to his arrest and trial in both the Northrup and Reed deaths.

During his trial in Waco, McDuff’s defense attorneys urged jurors not to be like Pontius Pilate, who “caved in to public demand” and sent Jesus to the cross. The jury, unimpressed, returned McDuff to Death Row. In 1998, he finally paid the price, more than 30 years after he first shed innocent blood. His execution closed the books on more than a dozen rape-murders committed while he was on parole.

State has no right to take a life. No bullshit.
The minute you think the state has some sort of authority to take a life, you just committed suicide.

But as one famous conservative William F. Buckley said, the state can engage in kidnapping and you are fine with that? Locking up criminals is legal kidnapping, should that end...
Bitch, you be conflating shit.

Locking up criminals is fine, there is a difference between detainment and sorting shit out and killing someone. Are you really that much of a retard?

You want to stay on topic or acknowledge that you have no point... Though I bet you just want to drag the convo into the weeds?

Forum List

Back