Read The stimulus

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
These charts are a real eye opener.

it seems the President doesn't think we need to spend much this year.

And just look how in tears 2010 and beyond which spending category is the biggest.

ReadTheStimulus.org: CBO Charts

The Congressional Budget Office has released their analysis of the House version of the stimulus bill (H.R. 1). You can read the full analysis in PDF form here, but we thought it would be useful to take some of the budget numbers in the analysis and present them in chart format.

Shown below are several different views of the how the dollars for H.R. 1 would be spent over time. Most striking is that in total, the CBO estimates that less than 21% of the funds would be spent in 2009. Apparently, it is a huge crisis which requires swift action (and no time to read bill text) to pass a massive spending bill --- but there seems to be no hurry at all to get the money into the American economy anytime soon.

It's a BIG HURRY, to get pork rammed through.

More Washington BS, only with Obama directing it.

It's a BIG HURRY, to get pork rammed through.

More Washington BS, only with Obama directing it.

Indeed, the 'New Deal' writ large, to commence in 2011, with 'bailout' monies provided in 2008-9.

Hmmm, 2010 another election year, which happens to be when the meat of this kicks in....should I be skeptical??? Whenever I hear, or read about this kind of crap, I have to ask myself "Why?" The answer just comes back to politicians really don't care about the citizens for which they serve... they care about their re-election.

Last edited:
These charts are a real eye opener.

it seems the President doesn't think we need to spend much this year.

And just look how in tears 2010 and beyond which spending category is the biggest.

ReadTheStimulus.org: CBO Charts

The Congressional Budget Office has released their analysis of the House version of the stimulus bill (H.R. 1). You can read the full analysis in PDF form here, but we thought it would be useful to take some of the budget numbers in the analysis and present them in chart format.

Shown below are several different views of the how the dollars for H.R. 1 would be spent over time. Most striking is that in total, the CBO estimates that less than 21% of the funds would be spent in 2009. Apparently, it is a huge crisis which requires swift action (and no time to read bill text) to pass a massive spending bill --- but there seems to be no hurry at all to get the money into the American economy anytime soon.

Calling this a stimulus package is a falsehood. This bill will do more harm to the economy than good, it amounts to the Democrats paying off all their constituent groups with pork spending on projects that for the most part will have little to no effect on the economy in a positive way.

Fuck them!!!
Its our money lets keep it. They cant put us all in jail!!!! :lol:

Yeah--it looks like lots & lots of PORK! It's now referred to as the "porkulus" bill. Lots of Christmas gifts in there to pursuade certain Democrats to vote in the house for this bill.

NOTE: No republicans voted for this along with 11 democrats in the house.

You know regardless if you're a democrat or republican--we all stand in the unemployment line "together". There is no discrimination here. If you're white-black-yellow you're in the unemployment line with everyone else.

I was very disappointed that I didn't see any alternative energy plans within this bill. I believe that much of what we're going through today is because of $4.00 per gallon gasoline last summer--along with the collapse of Freddie/Fannie "another government run program"--that was run by elected idiots.

Therefore--it's high time we hold the people that made so many promises "feet to the fire". Contact your senators & congress people & let them know what you think about this 800 billion stimulus bill, after you--yourself review this bill.

It is HUGE amounts of pork that will do nothing to stimulate the economy... this is DEM practice at it's best... .use fear, create panic, us the panic to gain the momentum to slam thru increased spending bills incredibly fast, to ensure they spend for their pet projects... all on the taxpayer's dime

I figured they DEMs would wait a little before really showing (to those who choose to actually see) their stripes... the cocky bastards and bitches are going full throttle with their tax and spend more than ever before bullshit

Hmmm, 2010 another election year, which happens to be when the meat of this kicks in....should I be skeptical??? Whenever I hear, or read about this kind of crap, I have to ask myself "Why?" The answer just comes back to politicians really don't care about the citizens for which they serve... they care about their re-election.

100% agreed--it's all about personal political gain. Why dole out this stimulus money now, when they can use it for thier campaign speeches & rhetoric in 2010?

Forum List

Back