Read the damned bills- aloud and to everyone

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Who's with me in wanting every bill to be read aloud, in full, including all amendments and the original and resulting text of any legislation to be modified, before the whole voting body, before before either the House or the Senate may hold a vote on it?

If it's worth passing, it's worth making sure everyone knows what the fuck is in it

Who's with me in wanting every bill to be read aloud, in full, including all amendments and the original and resulting text of any legislation to be modified, before the whole voting body, before before either the House or the Senate may hold a vote on it?

If it's worth passing, it's worth making sure everyone knows what the fuck is in it

well sort of yes, I am sort of with you. Why should any bill be more than 5 pages. How many pages was the constitution?

But reading them aloud in session would limit the number of bills considered to one per session, or less.

• Banned

well sort of yes, I am sort of with you. Why should any bill be more than 5 pages. How many pages was the constitution?

But reading them aloud in session would limit the number of bills considered to one per session, or less.

That's a problem?

Anything worth enacting at the federal level is worth having read aloud to ensure everyone knows wtf is in it

Totally! Edited and Published with footnotes. So we know who to blame. Next we find out where they live. :eek: And Toilet Paper their houses to show solidarity. :lol:

I tend to agree, and why I favor the riders, to speed up Congress. The only other way would be to double up on the number of representatives & split the house into two branches, letting each half take half of the burden. This would allow more time to read & debate issues.

And stopping the habit of letting respresentatives vote one way, and then come back and change their vote later. Or come back and change what they have said on record.

And stopping the habit of letting respresentatives vote one way, and then come back and change their vote later. Or come back and change what they have said on record.

At the least have then not be able to edit out the flip flops. Have a record of every change.

• Banned

At the least have then not be able to edit out the flip flops. Have a record of every change.

They can change the record?

They can change the record?

Yes, they can huff one way on the TV speech, and come back and change what they said in the records.

The Proceedings and Extensions of Remarks for each day are bound in chronological sequence, with Extensions of Remarks following the Proceedings for each Chamber. The final volumes of the bound Record of each session are one or more index volumes containing a history of bills and a single volume contain all Daily Digest content for the session.

Although the proceedings are substantially verbatim, Members of Congress are permitted to revise their remarks prior to publication.

http://help.lexisnexis.com/tabula-r..._cpt-concept?lbu=US&locale=en_US&audience=all

Last edited:

Forum List

Back