Read the 20th Amendment: New Republican Senators Violating US Constitution

In my opinion, Steve Clemons and the OP need to take a class in Constitutional Law.

Well, Flayglo is in the military. I dun think you need to be a con law scholar to fire a weapon. Steve Clemons, on the other hand, needs to stop writing bullshit and whoever was the editor at HuffPo for this piece needs a severe spanking, if not a pink slip.

You can help make that happen by just simply not reading and reposting their drivel.

Please stop referring to tea baggers as GOPers, Flayglo...they ain't. And while I despise the tea baggers as much as you do, t'aint unconstitutional for the incoming freshmen to request that the lame duck Senators approve no treaties before their terms end in December.

I think it is an unfair reading of Paul's letter to suggest he believes they lack actual constitutional authority (and even if he did, a mistaken belief about the constitution is not per se a departure from a belief that strict construction is the best way to go).

These guys will give us plenty of reasons to bang on them, Flayglo. No reason to be dumpster diving.

BTW, Boehner has announced that "House Republicans voted unanimously today to ban earmarks for the upcoming 112th Congress. Our new majority was elected to end business as usual in Washington, & banning earmarks - which have become a symbol of Washington waste & corruption - was a critical step. We’re going to keep listening to the American people & focusing on their priorities by stopping the spending spree, creating jobs, & reforming Congress."

John Boehner | Facebook

The "House Republicans" presumably include men and women who have yet to be sworn in, such as Boehner. Doesn't it seem odd they are already taking up new legislation?

Shame on you Maddie.

First, Boehner is currently the minority leader, and has been for years, which means he is actually serving currently. Second, this is not legislation, and is only binding on the party, not the Congress. The Democrats are still free to pursue all the earmarks they want.

I did not realize the Amazing Annoying Orange Boy was an incumbent, Quantum Windbag. I shall stand in the corner for fifteen minutes to retire my shameful error.

What would I do without you, my friend? Thankies for correcting me, as always.

Do you watch The Daily Show or The Colbert Report?

I agree with zzzz, and I think not all earmarks are bad. T'aint excatly good news that Boehner feels he owes no special loyalty to Ohio, yanno.

Are we ever gonna hear about the tea baggers' plan to Save The Economy And Create Jobs? We're getting desperate here in Cleveland....we'd work for just about anyone.

Wouldn't it make more sense to reduce taxes and let Ohio keep its money instead of making them beg for it from the feds?

I suppose, Quantum Windbag. Doubtless there are "unfunded mandates" we could look at, but in most cases -- say, for example, the Medicaid Program -- the federal dollars are just too rich for Ohio to craft a health care plan for the poor that doesn't meet federal minimum standards. No state has ever dropped out of the federal match for Medicaid, BTW.

Anyway, I oppose balancing the state's budget on the backs of our poor.

But you have no problem balancing it on the backs of the poor from other states?

As for Medicaid, I understand some states are thinking about opting out.

Last edited:
Two words: we won.

and at the beginning of next year, you'll get the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is. Until then... stfu.

I can't WAIT to see Boner's budget.... it will be so interesting to see how he actually tries to govern in specifics instead of merely obstructing with generalities.

Where WILL he cut? How BIG of a deficit will his budget have, even though the teabaggers want none?

Senator Boehner doesn't write the Budget. President Obama does..

Boehner isn't a Senator. moron.

get a civics lesson.

get a clue.

The Speaker does, in fact, move a budget.

and at the beginning of next year, you'll get the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is. Until then... stfu.

I can't WAIT to see Boner's budget.... it will be so interesting to see how he actually tries to govern in specifics instead of merely obstructing with generalities.

Where WILL he cut? How BIG of a deficit will his budget have, even though the teabaggers want none?

Senator Boehner doesn't write the Budget. President Obama does..

Boehner isn't a Senator. moron.

get a civics lesson.

get a clue.

The Speaker does, in fact, move a budget.

:clap2:

And I doubt this President either writes OR even reads the "budgets" his Administration proposes.

President Obama's proposed spending: Massive! Dangerous! Reckless! Unsustainable! Inconceivable!

President Obama's proposed method for paying for all that spending: tax everything that moves, print a lot more of that "currency" stuff and borrow like there's no tomorrow!

President Obama's conclusion: "See? The 'budget' is now 'balanced!'"

Then, President Obama goes golfing.

I agree with zzzz, and I think not all earmarks are bad. T'aint excatly good news that Boehner feels he owes no special loyalty to Ohio, yanno.

Are we ever gonna hear about the tea baggers' plan to Save The Economy And Create Jobs? We're getting desperate here in Cleveland....we'd work for just about anyone.

Wouldn't it make more sense to reduce taxes and let Ohio keep its money instead of making them beg for it from the feds?

I suppose, Quantum Windbag. Doubtless there are "unfunded mandates" we could look at, but in most cases -- say, for example, the Medicaid Program -- the federal dollars are just too rich for Ohio to craft a health care plan for the poor that doesn't meet federal minimum standards. No state has ever dropped out of the federal match for Medicaid, BTW.

Anyway, I oppose balancing the state's budget on the backs of our poor.

"Balancing the state's budget on the backs of the poor?" See that's the flawed premise that got Cleveland and Ohio in this mess to start with. Cleveland drove out the innovators with confiscatory tax and labor policies while building the empire that once was by being a cheaper alternative than setting up shop in Detroit and has since kept to that business model, all because of some grand scheme to make it a great place to live without actually making it a great place to live.

You want jobs NOW? Attract businesses instead of putting up roadblocks.

Forum List

Back