Read the 20th Amendment: New Republican Senators Violating US Constitution

We're talking about the Senate here. ;)

Odds of them getting it together and keeping it together long enough to rubber stamp a dead chicken? Anyone?

No. You said "Democrats" not "Democrat Senators."

And if that's your big quibble, anyway, then simply change the name from Pelousy to "Reid."

Do you actually NOT recall the bribes offered by Reid to shitheads like Sen. Landrieu (the Loisiana Purchase?) and so forth?

The "odds" of which you speak are far too favorable to that trash.

I wonder. Bribery is of course a time-honored legislative tradition but the D's have always been a three ring circus anyway. They've had to water down or nix an awful lot of their agenda the last 2 years not because of the R's but because of defections in their own ranks. Particularly in the Senate.

Or...the R's could whisper softly, quietly, in that come hither little voice......"filibuster". Reid will quit the floor to change his panties, and it's game over.

I have no respect for Reid. And, frankly, up to now, I have been quite displeased with the Republicans, too.

I guess, now, we'll get to see if the legislator types have gotten a message from the people, or if they think (and hope) that they will be able to quickly return to business as usual.

I'm leaning towards giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. But I plan on keeping a very wary eye on them.

I agree with zzzz, and I think not all earmarks are bad. T'aint excatly good news that Boehner feels he owes no special loyalty to Ohio, yanno.

Are we ever gonna hear about the tea baggers' plan to Save The Economy And Create Jobs? We're getting desperate here in Cleveland....we'd work for just about anyone.

See that's the problem. You idiots think it's government's job to create jobs and fix the economy in the first place. The Tea Party's plan ought to be STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT.

Social darwinism at its finest. I suppose you also oppose rescuing stupid people on the high seas or taxpayer supported fire departments?

Listen, you nitwit, people are suffering here. Unemployment among black adults is at almost 17% -- that's not a recession. It's a Depression. I don't give a flying monkey fuck if jobs come from worshipping Satan.....just find some fucking paid employment for my area.

NOW.

No. You said "Democrats" not "Democrat Senators."

And if that's your big quibble, anyway, then simply change the name from Pelousy to "Reid."

Do you actually NOT recall the bribes offered by Reid to shitheads like Sen. Landrieu (the Loisiana Purchase?) and so forth?

The "odds" of which you speak are far too favorable to that trash.

I wonder. Bribery is of course a time-honored legislative tradition but the D's have always been a three ring circus anyway. They've had to water down or nix an awful lot of their agenda the last 2 years not because of the R's but because of defections in their own ranks. Particularly in the Senate.

Or...the R's could whisper softly, quietly, in that come hither little voice......"filibuster". Reid will quit the floor to change his panties, and it's game over.

I have no respect for Reid. And, frankly, up to now, I have been quite displeased with the Republicans, too.

I guess, now, we'll get to see if the legislator types have gotten a message from the people, or if they think (and hope) that they will be able to quickly return to business as usual.

I'm leaning towards giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. But I plan on keeping a very wary eye on them.

There are individuals on both sides of the aisle I respect, and quite a few I don't. Reid couldn't lead a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday" without shooting himself in the foot.

I have no idea how the new crop will pan out. At home I'm not fond of Toomey and leery of his supposed conversion from Santorum-style rabid culture warrior to semi-lucid fiscal con, but since there's no other choice we'll see how he works out. It's not like Sestak would have been more than half a degree better - maybe. The rest? They're freshmen. Some will disappear, some will be given the spotlight and their lines, depending on the leadership's attitude toward them.

SSDD as far as I'm concerned. They shuffle the seats a bit but the game stays the same.

I agree with zzzz, and I think not all earmarks are bad. T'aint excatly good news that Boehner feels he owes no special loyalty to Ohio, yanno.

Are we ever gonna hear about the tea baggers' plan to Save The Economy And Create Jobs? We're getting desperate here in Cleveland....we'd work for just about anyone.

See that's the problem. You idiots think it's government's job to create jobs and fix the economy in the first place. The Tea Party's plan ought to be STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT.

Social darwinism at its finest. I suppose you also oppose rescuing stupid people on the high seas or taxpayer supported fire departments?

Listen, you nitwit, people are suffering here. Unemployment among black adults is at almost 17% -- that's not a recession. It's a Depression. I don't give a flying monkey fuck if jobs come from worshipping Satan.....just find some fucking paid employment for my area.

NOW.

How about YOU get off your FUCKING ass and do something about it instead of sitting there with your thumb up your ass pissing and moaning. There are people that make things happen and people that wait for things to happen. Guess who the successful people are in this country. There are all kinds of jobs out there, even for minimally skilled people. I for example have my resume up on Career Builder and Monster. I get notifications every week for litteraly dozens of jobs. Some don't give me this shit that just because we have unemployment there aren't any available jobs because that's a crock of shit and an excuse.

People like you drive me fucking nuts. You whine and whine and whine and whine and whine all the while refusing to take advantage of the easiest solution to your problem, YOURSELF

Last edited:
Bern, I wish you good luck in your job search. I am not bitching for my own sake...I'm retired. I am bitching for the sake of my neighbors. Mayhaps when you get your feet on the ground again, you'll be better able to care about more'n just your own ass.

Bern, I wish you good luck in your job search. I am not bitching for my own sake...I'm retired. I am bitching for the sake of my neighbors. Mayhaps when you get your feet on the ground again, you'll be better able to care about more'n just your own ass.

You are affluent enough to retire early and yet want everyone else to pay higher taxes? That certainly shows how much you "care," and that's what I think is the problem.

I have a good job, thank you. I just keep my options open. Maybe you need to examine WHY your neighbors are where they are before you take up their cause.

I care about the people that deserve to be cared for and I despise the people that refuse to take any ownership for the postion they're in and piss and moan about what goverment has to do for them. Everybody has some ownership in why they are where they are and usually more than their willing to admit to. You can't change what you don't acknowledge and their own role in their problems is the ONE thing the left refuses to acknowledge. That is one of the fundamental difference between the right and left.

There is a time and place to demand that government make your life better, but it is not until you have exhausted every option and opportunity available to you to improve your life. Do you know your neighbors well enough to know they have done that?

Steve Clemons: Read the 20th Amendment: New Republican Senators Violating US Constitution

Repugs are not constitutional loyalists, except when they want to control shat.

Please stop referring to tea baggers as GOPers, Flayglo...they ain't. And while I despise the tea baggers as much as you do, t'aint unconstitutional for the incoming freshmen to request that the lame duck Senators approve no treaties before their terms end in December.

I think it is an unfair reading of Paul's letter to suggest he believes they lack actual constitutional authority (and even if he did, a mistaken belief about the constitution is not per se a departure from a belief that strict construction is the best way to go).

These guys will give us plenty of reasons to bang on them, Flayglo. No reason to be dumpster diving.

BTW, Boehner has announced that "House Republicans voted unanimously today to ban earmarks for the upcoming 112th Congress. Our new majority was elected to end business as usual in Washington, & banning earmarks - which have become a symbol of Washington waste & corruption - was a critical step. We’re going to keep listening to the American people & focusing on their priorities by stopping the spending spree, creating jobs, & reforming Congress."

John Boehner | Facebook

The "House Republicans" presumably include men and women who have yet to be sworn in, such as Boehner. Doesn't it seem odd they are already taking up new legislation?

Shame on you Maddie.

First, Boehner is currently the minority leader, and has been for years, which means he is actually serving currently. Second, this is not legislation, and is only binding on the party, not the Congress. The Democrats are still free to pursue all the earmarks they want.

Steve Clemons: Read the 20th Amendment: New Republican Senators Violating US Constitution

You fucktarded moron
You illeterate goon

Do you have a free thought in that pea sized brain of yours?

All they did was ask. Not demand.

Find your way back to the hole you crawled out of and pull the rock down on top of you.

Look at him, he's mad, :lol:
Look at you, you're desperate,:lol:

Wouldn't it make more sense to reduce taxes and let Ohio keep its money instead of making them beg for it from the feds?

NOW.
Take it up with Obama......You voted for him, ya' dumbass!

Aren't you moonbats always the one saying the Constitution is a living document?

We should change the time table in which newly elected representatives are seated. There is no need to let a fucking politician run amok with absolutely no consequences for two months or more.

Lame ducks should be eaten not left to rot for two months.

As usual, your reading and comprehension skills are below par, as are those possessed by the blogger you reference.
AMENDMENT XX Passed by Congress March 2, 1932. Ratified January 23, 1933.
Note: Article I, section 4, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of this amendment. In addition, a portion of the 12th amendment was superseded by section 3.
Section 1.
The terms of the President and the Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.
Section 2.
The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.
Senators "elect" Roy Blunt (R-MO), Ron Johnson (R-WI), Rob Portman (R-OH), Rand Paul (R-KY) and Marco Rubio (R-FL)** have written to Senator Reid stating, as reported by Joshua Rogin:
On Election Day we were elected to represent the constituents of our respective states in the Senate. Out of respect for our states' voters, we believe it would be improper for the Senate to consider the New START Treaty or any other treaty in a lame duck session prior to January 3, 2011.​
Too bad guys!
You are not yet elected and the incumbent Senators seating in seats they "won" previously have ALL the powers embedded in their positions until 12 noon, January 3rd.
Your efforts to impose your will beforehand are extralegal, irresponsible, a
While they have no authority yet, they like anybody else, have the right to state their position and request the senate majority leader take a specific tack.

Additionally, the moron you quote seems to have missed the election earlier this month. Those individuals have been elected, though they have not yet been sworn into office.

I had heard for years about how the Army had lowered its standards for recruitment many times over. Living proof posts under the name of Flaylo.

Last edited:

Wouldn't it make more sense to reduce taxes and let Ohio keep its money instead of making them beg for it from the feds?

I suppose, Quantum Windbag. Doubtless there are "unfunded mandates" we could look at, but in most cases -- say, for example, the Medicaid Program -- the federal dollars are just too rich for Ohio to craft a health care plan for the poor that doesn't meet federal minimum standards. No state has ever dropped out of the federal match for Medicaid, BTW.

Anyway, I oppose balancing the state's budget on the backs of our poor.

Two words: we won.

and at the beginning of next year, you'll get the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is. Until then... stfu.

I can't WAIT to see Boner's budget.... it will be so interesting to see how he actually tries to govern in specifics instead of merely obstructing with generalities.

Where WILL he cut? How BIG of a deficit will his budget have, even though the teabaggers want none?

Senator Boehner doesn't write the Budget. President Obama does..

Please stop referring to tea baggers as GOPers, Flayglo...they ain't. And while I despise the tea baggers as much as you do, t'aint unconstitutional for the incoming freshmen to request that the lame duck Senators approve no treaties before their terms end in December.

I think it is an unfair reading of Paul's letter to suggest he believes they lack actual constitutional authority (and even if he did, a mistaken belief about the constitution is not per se a departure from a belief that strict construction is the best way to go).

These guys will give us plenty of reasons to bang on them, Flayglo. No reason to be dumpster diving.

BTW, Boehner has announced that "House Republicans voted unanimously today to ban earmarks for the upcoming 112th Congress. Our new majority was elected to end business as usual in Washington, & banning earmarks - which have become a symbol of Washington waste & corruption - was a critical step. We’re going to keep listening to the American people & focusing on their priorities by stopping the spending spree, creating jobs, & reforming Congress."

John Boehner | Facebook

The "House Republicans" presumably include men and women who have yet to be sworn in, such as Boehner. Doesn't it seem odd they are already taking up new legislation?

Shame on you Maddie.

First, Boehner is currently the minority leader, and has been for years, which means he is actually serving currently. Second, this is not legislation, and is only binding on the party, not the Congress. The Democrats are still free to pursue all the earmarks they want.

I did not realize the Amazing Annoying Orange Boy was an incumbent, Quantum Windbag. I shall stand in the corner for fifteen minutes to retire my shameful error.

What would I do without you, my friend? Thankies for correcting me, as always.

In my opinion, Steve Clemons and the OP need to take a class in Constitutional Law.

Well, Flayglo is in the military. I dun think you need to be a con law scholar to fire a weapon. Steve Clemons, on the other hand, needs to stop writing bullshit and whoever was the editor at HuffPo for this piece needs a severe spanking, if not a pink slip.

John Boehner | Facebook

Shame on you Maddie.

I did not realize the Amazing Annoying Orange Boy was an incumbent, Quantum Windbag. I shall stand in the corner for fifteen minutes to retire my shameful error.

What would I do without you, my friend? Thankies for correcting me, as always.
No need to go stand in the corner.....Just educate yourself next time before inserting your foot in mouth!

It's a pattern with you!

Forum List

Back