Read It and Weep, Libs

how about as close to geographic lines as possible taking into account city/county lines

Who gets to place the lines? It has to be based on population - each district to represent a certain amount of people. County lines don't do that - one county could have 5 times as many people as the next one.

Whoever gets to place the lines has an advantage. That's what Gerrymandering is.
if you re-read my post, and think more clearly, you will get the meaning of what i said
of course districts have to be population based
but how about drawing those lines using city/county lines as guidelines and geographic lines as well
granted you will not ALWAYS be able to draw the lines and stay withn the others, but at least TRY and lets not make a district that has parts that dont even touch each other

In Georgia it is give and take amongst the parties. Leave the black areas alone and they give into the Republicans. My district is 90 miles long and a half mile wide in some areas. Looks like a a snake.

What is bad for republicans is when more Americans vote.

The more who vote the more who vote democratic.

This is why the republican party has such a long history of trying to keep people from voting, especially black people.

Haven' t read the whole thread, but MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR gerrymandering took place when the republicans had the power to do such....the lines were so contorted that even a genius couldn't figure out where they were drawn with any reasoning, other than republicans making them to their advantage, to win elections....

Sadly, it is, what it is.....used as a political tool by both parties.

Only one party has repetedly worked to keep black voters from voting and had to face the courts for it.

I'll bet "Bugs" DeLay said that.....once.....

529.gif

Haven' t read the whole thread, but MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR gerrymandering took place when the republicans had the power to do such....the lines were so contorted that even a genius couldn't figure out where they were drawn with any reasoning, other than republicans making them to their advantage, to win elections....

Sadly, it is, what it is.....used as a political tool by both parties.
it was no better when the dems do it
they BOTH have done so and its to the point its time to take it out of the hands of the politicians
here in maine, they really cant do much to mess with it because we only have 2 house seats, but they sure can mess with the legislative districts

Who gets to place the lines? It has to be based on population - each district to represent a certain amount of people. County lines don't do that - one county could have 5 times as many people as the next one.

Whoever gets to place the lines has an advantage. That's what Gerrymandering is.

We shouldn't have district drawn like this.

Pa12_109.gif

NC12_109.gif

Forum List

Back