Read 'em and weep!

nakedemperor said:
I mean.. Bush sought to eliminate 80% of COPS funding during each of hsi budget proposals. And it was the Dems that put the 100,000 new cops on the streets in '94. That must have been why crime dropped so dramatically during the Clinton administration... the Dems remove cops..

It was actually the way that crime was enforced. If you don't go after the criminals less crime is reported. It also depended on how the crime was prosecuted, if there is plea-bargaining to a large degree it appears that less "violent" crime was done and makes it appear as if there was less crime.

The new cops on the "streets" amounted to two desk jobs and a cop on the street in Denver, it didn't get much better in other places. It certainly was not the deciding factor in "less crime".

no1tovote4 said:
It was actually the way that crime was enforced. If you don't go after the criminals less crime is reported. It also depended on how the crime was prosecuted, if there is plea-bargaining to a large degree it appears that less "violent" crime was done and makes it appear as if there was less crime.

The new cops on the "streets" amounted to two desk jobs and a cop on the street in Denver, it didn't get much better in other places. It certainly was not the deciding factor in "less crime".

i agree

it's not the cops jobs to keep the criminals in jail...it's the judges jobs to hand out the harsher punishments to keep the fuckers off the streets.

Liberals are too easy on criminals (see OJ trial) and let them go. They then go out and usually repeat a similar crime the have been convicted of before (see the Dru Sjodin case)

a Repub president is just the beginning. next we need to get conservative judges and start holding people responsible for their crimes. This would mean execution if the crime involves murder, rape, or molestation-especially children.

Anyone else notice that the only all red states were Nebraska and Oklahoma.
I love my okies!!! Thought Texas would be all red.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Anyone else notice that the only all red states were Nebraska and Oklahoma.
I love my okies!!! Thought Texas would be all red.

Not true. Utah is all red too. its just not showing on the map on this thread. so Utah, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Not sure why part of that map is white still. We know who won every county now.

Forum List

Back