Read 'em and weep!

Sailor Man

Staunch Independent
The post election maps showing which states went "blue" and which states went "red" are somewhat misleading. The county by county map below gives a more complete overall picture of what actually happened on election day. It must be a very sobering map for Democrats to look at! Not too much blue, is there?

counties.jpg
[/url][/quote]

No wonder they side with the insurgents in Iraq. Pockets of resistance against the freedom of people to run their own lives.

If you look at a weighted map you'll see that the geographic United States map sorted red and blue by county is misleading to many who'd like to see what they want to see. By the looks of this map, a whopping 80%, at the very least, voted Republican. Actually, it was more like 51%. With 48% voting Democratic. The blue counties tend to be urban counties, with many, many, many more people in them than your average red county. If you look at a weighted map, John Kerry, for winning Massachusets (which, by your map, even though its entirely blue, makes up about 1/30th of the square milage of the red counties in Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota) got as many electoral votes as Bush did for winning all four of those MASSIVE states.

Again, its not about geography, its about population.

nakedemperor said:
If you look at a weighted map you'll see that the geographic United States map sorted red and blue by county is misleading to many who'd like to see what they want to see. By the looks of this map, a whopping 80%, at the very least, voted Republican. Actually, it was more like 51%. With 48% voting Democratic. The blue counties tend to be urban counties, with many, many, many more people in them than your average red county. If you look at a weighted map, John Kerry, for winning Massachusets (which, by your map, even though its entirely blue, makes up about 1/30th of the square milage of the red counties in Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota) got as many electoral votes as Bush did for winning all four of those MASSIVE states.

Again, its not about geography, its about population.

We know that.

Conservatives have been quietly herding you libs into tight groups so that we can better keep an eye on you.

Next step is to construct a fence around those blue areas.

Merlin1047 said:
We know that.

Conservatives have been quietly herding you libs into tight groups so that we can better keep an eye on you.

"Mr. Gillespie, PUT UP THIS WALL!"

Merlin1047 said:
We know that.

Hehe. Better make it high, we have all the high-jumping black athletes on our side!

Merlin1047 said:
We know that.

:rotflmao: ...Good thing we got all the guns.

wolvie20m said:
:rotflmao: ...Good thing we got all the guns.

I'll reiterate that the NYPD and LAPD combined would be in the top 5 largest standing armies in the world.

Booshakaya!

nakedemperor said:
I'll reiterate that the NYPD and LAPD combined would be in the top 5 largest standing armies in the world.

Booshakaya!

I bet it would be interesting to get a breakdown on how THOSE folks voted!

nakedemperor said:

Booshakaya!

Not if liberals have full control.

Not if liberals have full control.

I mean.. Bush sought to eliminate 80% of COPS funding during each of hsi budget proposals. And it was the Dems that put the 100,000 new cops on the streets in '94. That must have been why crime dropped so dramatically during the Clinton administration... the Dems remove cops..

nakedemperor said:
I mean.. Bush sought to eliminate 80% of COPS funding during each of hsi budget proposals. And it was the Dems that put the 100,000 new cops on the streets in '94. That must have been why crime dropped so dramatically during the Clinton administration... the Dems remove cops..

BS. Federal budget doesnt fund cops. State and local governments do. There was a bill that the federal government was supporting but it had a sunset motion in it so unless Congress passes more legislation its not coming back which is fine cause like i said local governments handle that.

Forum List

Back