ReactOS

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Death Angel, Aug 18, 2018.

1. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,231
    Semi-Related: One could get a mini with Win7Pro on it for older games... I think my "mini-rig" cost me like $300 total (four years ago!) and it even runs modern MMOs. APU ITX has the GPU built into the CPU, Silverstone SFX PSU, and you can get a small flat case so it ends up like a gaming console - can even VISA mount them on the back of a monitor. :)

2. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,570
    Also semi-related, Valve. Back in 2016 the Steam Console was surely to be the new gamer rage. Windows 8 debacle helped boost sales to a half million by early 2017.
    Then nothing.
    Valve seemed to have given up, lost relationships with several game makers and now they sit on the back porch....and the Steam OS is in the basement.... at best.

What interest me here is my low opinion of cloud based anything. A good example is Amazon Prime Music. Cloud based music that had a vast library to choose from. But Amazon being Amazon, decided to create "Amazon unlimited"...and simply said fuck you to it's customers and moved large swaths of their library to unlimited only. Not good enough to pay nearly $100 a year for Prime Music...now we want you to pay more. Same for Prime Video... Amazon began using a dirty trick of bring shows on where only the first season was free...then you try to watch the new season...sorry...fuck you...it's gonna cost you $1.99 an episode for new ones.
    I said fuck you and stopped my subscription.
    Steam streaming games 3-4 years ago was the "future". For sure.
    OK....so maybe not. By 2017 it was... wait for it.... losing steam. And now there are more complaints than raves.
    I almost bought a Steam OS console. Glad I didn't.