Reaching out to the Occupy People

OWS is not asking for "free" anything. Moron. They are asking for money to be removed from our election process and our government to be freed from the influence of corporations. Stop with the RW BS propaganda, already. Looking for that one dipshit spouting this, and saying that he is the epitome of that movement is just as bad as the other side taking pictures of teabaggers with racist and misspelled signs and insisting that everyone there is also a bigoted buffoon. I've been to occupy. Most people who participated HAVE jobs, but are concerned about the plight of the rest of our country.

You must not be paying attention. They are asking for just about anything that you can think of for free. Have you looked at their list of demands?

You had to see one of the leaders/spokesperson for OWS NY on the Sean Hannity Show.

When asked if he wanted free education,free housing,free Health Care the response was that he felt all Americans should get these and more free.... :mad:

Would you acknowledge, Thomas, that the private sector, unchecked, can take away just as much freedom and manuever you into economic slavery?

No I would not agree. Laws a need for illegal activities but regulation is used more for killing competition than to protect.

Corporations are writing the laws. I can understand people not trusting the government but I cringe at how many people have a child like faith in the private sector. An underregulated Wall Street nearly destroyed the economy. If you don't acknowledge the potential for private sector abuse and disaster then there's no reason to take you seriously.
I don't need you to take me serious. That disaster was caused by government regulating homes for everyone. You have power against corporations you have no power against government.

No I would not agree. Laws a need for illegal activities but regulation is used more for killing competition than to protect.

Corporations are writing the laws. I can understand people not trusting the government but I cringe at how many people have a child like faith in the private sector. An underregulated Wall Street nearly destroyed the economy. If you don't acknowledge the potential for private sector abuse and disaster then there's no reason to take you seriously.
I don't need you to take me serious. That disaster was caused by government regulating homes for everyone. You have power against corporations you have no power against government.

Polishing banker willy there MT? They do not need or deserve your defense of them, as to OWS just wanting "free stuff", there has never been a better tax and consumer base than the American middle class, allowing it to evaporate was retarded, it was rich enough to build interstate highways, find a polio vaccine and put men on the moon. We have a gigantic sink hole where our nation's engine used to sit, they took it and we want it back.

Where is the demand to continue anarchy? I'd have thought that was al least number three.

OWS is not asking for "free" anything. Moron. They are asking for money to be removed from our election process and our government to be freed from the influence of corporations. Stop with the RW BS propaganda, already. Looking for that one dipshit spouting this, and saying that he is the epitome of that movement is just as bad as the other side taking pictures of teabaggers with racist and misspelled signs and insisting that everyone there is also a bigoted buffoon. I've been to occupy. Most people who participated HAVE jobs, but are concerned about the plight of the rest of our country.

You must not be paying attention. They are asking for just about anything that you can think of for free. Have you looked at their list of demands?

You had to see one of the leaders/spokesperson for OWS NY on the Sean Hannity Show.

When asked if he wanted free education,free housing,free Health Care the response was that he felt all Americans should get these and more free.... :mad:

And without forethought that someone [The RICH this ASSHOLE despises], already pays for.

And without forethought that someone [The RICH this ASSHOLE despises], already pays for.

With the money they've been siphoning off from the the middle class for the last 30 years.

If you are interested in meaningful political dialogue then you do need to be taken seriously. If you're only interesting in parroting talking points then you don't. You have power to CHOOSE government. You have no power to even speak to corporations.

Of course you have power agaisnt corporations. Don't buy their products. Don't buy that new Ipad, or spend $200.00 for Nike shoes. The government takes your money before you even get that paycheck to cash it. The reasson the OWS shitters imagine, and delude themselves, into thinking that corporations are siphoning off their money is because they are insulted by having to pay for anything.

Liberals are at their very heart infants, spoiled children. The advocate Hannity had on was a perfect example. He wanted a starting wage of $120,000 a year, limited hours, and still wanted to be provided everything for free.

What liberals really want, their hearts desire is to be a chattel slave with an indulgent master. Their housing is provided, clothing, food off the master's table, medical care that the master takes care of. If they need to go someplace, the master will make sure they have transportation. The slave can be lazy, it doesn't matter, he can't be fired, he's owned. The one fear that the slave has is that the master might free them. Turn them out in the world, no shelter, no medical care, no coat against the cold, no food, and tell them you are on your own, work or die. See to your own needs.

Which is what obama is telling you. The republicans will tell you that you are on your own. Frightening isn't it?

What the occupy kiddies have not been taught by their Lib professors who took all of their money (which the kids will spend the rest of their youth paying back ) is that Capitalism is remarkably PROGRESSIVE and is the best way to bring prosperity to the masses.

We need them to join us in the next Reagan Revolution.

What the occupy kiddies have not been taught by their Lib professors who took all of their money (which the kids will spend the rest of their youth paying back ) is that Capitalism is remarkably PROGRESSIVE and is the best way to bring prosperity to the masses.

We need them to join us in the next Reagan Revolution.

Different brand of Progressivism though. It doesn't involve a Caste System. ;)

Dennis Prager said it best of all. Liberals have replaced liberty with equality. To have liberty you must necessarily abandon the concept of equality.

Money will never be removed as there, hopefully, will always be freedom of speech. What we need is to teach people how to not always believe everything they are told. We should teach philosophy at a young age.

That used to be done till the liberals got control of schools. Curriculum has changed a lot over the years, along with the priorities of teachers. Colleges are worse and more like a liberal indoctrination than anything. Libs have worked for years to teach kids that there is a free lunch, then they make sure they are offered it.

And?

A corporation is not a person..it's a collection of people. It should not have the same rights as a person.

Free Speech, is as much a Right for the Audience, as a Right for Any Institution. You want to selectively and arbitrarily want to Censor what you personally don't approve of. That's just not right.

Corporations are owned by people. :)

And?

A corporation is not a person..it's a collection of people. It should not have the same rights as a person.

Free Speech, is as much a Right for the Audience, as a Right for Any Institution. You want to selectively and arbitrarily want to Censor what you personally don't approve of. That's just not right.

Oh..and money is not speech.

Would you acknowledge, Thomas, that the private sector, unchecked, can take away just as much freedom and manuever you into economic slavery?

To be clear, Wall Street is regulated.

The Housing bubble was caused because the lending industry was not regulated. I recall that when I refined my house to get a lower interest rate in the 90's, it was done in the rented offices of a loan originator, not a bank.

That loan was made and then sold, 3 times before it was paid off, and that is what created the housing bubble.

The loans made created a risk, but that risk was not born by the original lender. The loans were bundled and sold and a large enough percent were bad and became the now famous "Toxic Assets" that TARP was supposed to clear up, but that are still in existence and still a ticking time bomb thanks to the ill directed and probably corrupt Obama administration dupes.

Banking and Wall Street are both pretty regulated. The Loan originators were not in such rigid constraints and the Congress of the USA passed laws to push lenders into lending to this who could not repay and should never have been given the loans in the first place.

Do you want to know who is responsible? I'll tell you. It is the people and the government of the USA. We all had a hand in it and trying to deflect blame to others is pointless and Liberal.

Last edited:

Polishing banker willy there MT? They do not need or deserve your defense of them, as to OWS just wanting "free stuff", there has never been a better tax and consumer base than the American middle class, allowing it to evaporate was retarded, it was rich enough to build interstate highways, find a polio vaccine and put men on the moon. We have a gigantic sink hole where our nation's engine used to sit, they took it and we want it back.

Who is "they" and how do you propose to get it back? I notice you did not say take it back or earn it, you just want it.

What's your plan, Buckey?

With the money they've been siphoning off from the the middle class for the last 30 years.

In this context, define siphoning and give examples.

Forum List

Back