re open ayers/dohrn murders ?

this makes sense to me. but didn't a lot of people protest that war peacefully ? didn't alinsky inspired treason by bombing your own people transcend the cause of peace? who protests violence by killing people, even accidentally as you say. i know lot's of people who never played with dynamite that never blew them selves up following radical leaders' orders.

Sure, a lot of people protested the war peacefully, including me. Like I said, blowing shit up to try to bring the war to an end was a really dumb idea. The Weathermen planted bombs that destroyed government property and endangered lives. They didn't do it intending to hurt anyone, but someone could have been working late when one of their bombs went off. They had no control over that. It was a reckless thing to do, without any justification because there is no way it could possibly have ended the war. So it was not only a reckless, dangerous action, but it was a USELESS, reckless, dangerous action.

I have my own philosophy about protest, public movements, even revolution. I don't think any of these is furthered by violence. I don't have any problem with a protest movement breaking the law (I think that's part of the program), but when you engage in violence you allow the other side to claim the moral high ground. It's possible to take protest all the way to overthrowing a government without so much as firing a shot. We've seen that in recent history; Middle Eastern dictatorships and even the Soviet Union itself were overthrown by nonviolent protest movements. Certainly political violence isn't justified in the United States, which cannot legally act with the same repressive force that the USSR could have used. In the end, it was the nonviolent protest and the slow swing in public opinion to majority opposition to the war that pulled us out of there. If anything, the Weathermen's bombing campaign set us back.

what about the clinton pardon ? any thoughts.

What Clinton pardon?

Is that slang for black people?

it's slang for cowpeople...

That doesn't make sense either. Both are clearly not bovines such as myself, and they're both remarkably in well shape compared to most Americans. Not to mention you just equated them to Ken and Barbie so they must have quite a bit in the looks department.

I'm just trying to understand what the "chicago ken and barbie" phrase means.

it's just an expression like caribou barbie. i say it alot. it's because they such good looking models. bill hemmer and megan kelly are ken and barbie. i don't know if the obamas are in "great shape", they are fabulous looking though. sorry, i had no idea of knowing you were a cow, i am too. plus i live in vermont, so i may be a little sensitive

Last edited:
it's slang for cowpeople...

That doesn't make sense either. Both are clearly not bovines such as myself, and they're both remarkably in well shape compared to most Americans. Not to mention you just equated them to Ken and Barbie so they must have quite a bit in the looks department.

it just an expression like caribou barbie. i say it alot. it's because they such good looking models. bill hemmer and megan kelly are ken and barbie. i don't know if the obamas are in "great shape", they are fabulous looking though. sorry, i had no idea of knowing you were a cow, i am too. plus i live in vermont, so i may be a little sensiruve

Yeah I don't really know if they are either... but outward appearances show that they're at least not suffering from being overweight or obese.

this makes sense to me. but didn't a lot of people protest that war peacefully ? didn't alinsky inspired treason by bombing your own people transcend the cause of peace? who protests violence by killing people, even accidentally as you say. i know lot's of people who never played with dynamite that never blew them selves up following radical leaders' orders.

Sure, a lot of people protested the war peacefully, including me. Like I said, blowing shit up to try to bring the war to an end was a really dumb idea. The Weathermen planted bombs that destroyed government property and endangered lives. They didn't do it intending to hurt anyone, but someone could have been working late when one of their bombs went off. They had no control over that. It was a reckless thing to do, without any justification because there is no way it could possibly have ended the war. So it was not only a reckless, dangerous action, but it was a USELESS, reckless, dangerous action.

I have my own philosophy about protest, public movements, even revolution. I don't think any of these is furthered by violence. I don't have any problem with a protest movement breaking the law (I think that's part of the program), but when you engage in violence you allow the other side to claim the moral high ground. It's possible to take protest all the way to overthrowing a government without so much as firing a shot. We've seen that in recent history; Middle Eastern dictatorships and even the Soviet Union itself were overthrown by nonviolent protest movements. Certainly political violence isn't justified in the United States, which cannot legally act with the same repressive force that the USSR could have used. In the end, it was the nonviolent protest and the slow swing in public opinion to majority opposition to the war that pulled us out of there. If anything, the Weathermen's bombing campaign set us back.

what about the clinton pardon ? any thoughts.

What Clinton pardon?

In 1985, former Weather Underground members Susan Rosenberg (who also was implicated in the Nyack robbery) and Linda Evans were apprehended while transporting 740 pounds of explosives which they both acknowledged were slated for use in additional bombings. Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years in prison, Evans 40; President Bill Clinton pardoned both women in January 2001.

it just an expression like caribou barbie. i say it alot. it's because they such good looking models. bill hemmer and megan kelly are ken and barbie. i don't know if the obamas are in "great shape", they are fabulous looking though. sorry, i had no idea of knowing you were a cow, i am too. plus i live in vermont, so i may be a little sensiruve

Yeah I don't really know if they are either... but outward appearances show that they're at least not suffering from being overweight or obese.

they're fine, especially if he quit the cigarettes.

Susan Rosenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When she was convicted of explosive possession in 1984, she received a 58-year-sentence, which was sixteen times the national average for such offenses.[13] Her lawyers contend that, had the case not been politically charged, Rosenberg would have received a five-year sentence."

That being the case, I approve of President Clinton commuting her sentence after she had served 16 years of it. I assume similar considerations apply to Ms. Evans' case.

Ayers does not teach political violence. Whether he teaches "radicalism" depends on one's definition of that term.

Susan Rosenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When she was convicted of explosive possession in 1984, she received a 58-year-sentence, which was sixteen times the national average for such offenses.[13] Her lawyers contend that, had the case not been politically charged, Rosenberg would have received a five-year sentence."

That being the case, I approve of President Clinton commuting her sentence after she had served 16 years of it. I assume similar considerations apply to Ms. Evans' case.

Ayers does not teach political violence. Whether he teaches "radicalism" depends on one's definition of that term.

i wonder if the same guidelines for terrorism and treason would apply today. that fact that because it was just "political" and forgiven concerns me, for admitted terrorists.

did clinton make any other "political pardons"? do you think ayers and dohrn should have done time ??

Last edited:

Forum List

Back