Re-election Prospects.

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Unemployment at 10%

Gas at $5.00 per gallon and

he declared a moratorium on drilling.

I give him a slim to nothing chance.

As I did not vote for him the first time, I see no reason to change course and vote for him in 2012.

Obamanomics is an Epic Fail overseen by the least qualified and most incompetent President ever to occupy the Oval Office.

Unemployment drops to 7 to 7.5 in the next year, there's a possibility. Otherwise, no. He would have boosted his efforts had he not been wandering around in the desert passing legislation that has nothing to do with creating jobs ie stimuli, hc and other assorted nightmares, and focused solely on the economy.

If I haven't learned anything else in my increasingly long life it is that more or less content American are capable of being cajoled or bribed or fooled or bored to death into accepting or believing just about anything. They tend to have short memories and don't carry much of a grudge unless it is socially acceptable to do.

So let the economy get better, gas prices and other inflation stay reasonably in check, unemployment comes down as some folks go back to work, and you could have enough people believing Obama when he says it is him and his policies that are doing all that.

And if you give the Republicans more power they'll screw it up.

We're talking a little less than two years which in modern politics which is a lifetime in a world where history is condensed into 30 second sound bites.

Who would have believed in the 50's that burning the flag would be considered free speech or that it would be a prosecutable offense to sing Handel in a school Christmas program? Or that Christmas would be eliminated in the schools altogether?

Who would have believed in the 60's that abortion would be legal everywhere? That gays would serve openly in the military or gay marriage would be a reality in some places or that marriage in general would be seen as unnecessary by millions? Who would have believed in the 70's that trillion dollar deficts would be shrugged off by most Americans or that almost 50% of working Americans would pay little or no federal taxes at all and would keep voting to ensure their privileged status?

Who would have believed in the 80's or 90's that the Federal government would presume to force Americans to buy or acquire a specific product under penalty of fine or imprisonment?

Two years isn't sufficient time for the worst of such legacies to fully kick in and make a difference. So if most Americans are relatively content in autumn of 2012 and the GOP puts up another lack luster candidate, I can see Obama being re-elected.

The Tea Party might be our only hope to prevent that by keeping things real.

As I did not vote for him the first time, I see no reason to change course and vote for him in 2012.

Obamanomics is an Epic Fail overseen by the least qualified and most incompetent President ever to occupy the Oval Office.

if palin gets elected then she will surpass obama as least qualified and most incompetent.

the thing is...

even though his approval ratings are low...

he beats EVERY REPUBLICAN in polls.....

especially palin...whom he beats by about 20 points

he may actually get re-elected simply because there isn't anyone out there who can beat him

Incumbent, wartime President with no credible Republican contender

Obama is a lock in 2012

The legitimate Republican contenders will wait this one out

Incumbent, wartime President with no credible Republican contender Obama is a lock in 2012

Nope. If the 2010 mid-terms proved anything> VOTERS ARE PISSED.

Incumbents are toast, unless they stand up for the middle-class, like just happened with the middle-class tax cut....oops, now wait, tell me again why we're borrowing to give tax cuts to the wealthy????

1. Gas Prices are $3.00 a gallon.

U.S. Retail Gasoline Prices

2. Unemployment was higher at this point in the Reagan administration, and Reagan's approval rating was 10 points lower. In fact, the circumstances were almost exactly the same.

So, yeah, I'm thinking he's got a pretty damn good chance.

Unemployment at 10%

Your side has nobody who can beat him, gas is perceived to be a repub problem and Obama had a big December. All he has to do is continue pointing out wingnut bad decisions and go about his business ie. continue fighting for all Americans not just for big oil, big insurance and the wealthiest among us.

1. Gas Prices are $3.00 a gallon.

U.S. Retail Gasoline Prices

2. Unemployment was higher at this point in the Reagan administration, and Reagan's approval rating was 10 points lower. In fact, the circumstances were almost exactly the same.

So, yeah, I'm thinking he's got a pretty damn good chance.

It depends on which way the unemployment is going in the next 2 years. With the left now saying that 9+% is now the new norm with unemployment and we just have to get used it....I'm thinking he could very well be a 1 term president....no matter how the left tries to spin it.
No one is going to think about Reagan at the ballot box.

Unemployment at 10%

Your side has nobody who can beat him, gas is perceived to be a repub problem and Obama had a big December. All he has to do is continue pointing out wingnut bad decisions and go about his business ie. continue fighting for all Americans not just for big oil, big insurance and the wealthiest among us.

How did that work out for the democrats in the last election?

Incumbent, wartime President with no credible Republican contender Obama is a lock in 2012

Incumbents are toast, unless they stand up for the middle-class, like just happened with the middle-class tax cut....oops, now wait, tell me again why we're borrowing to give tax cuts to the wealthy????

If there were a heavy hitter waitIng in the wings there might be a concern. With the lack of a credible Republican, Obama will breeze in 2012

If there were a heavy hitter waitIng in the wings there might be a concern. With the lack of a credible Republican, Obama will breeze in 2012

In 2006....who in the hell was Obama....huh? Don't try the "lack of credible republican" just yet. Wait until this summer when names are going to be dropped.

Could you pass me your soothsayer ball?

Unemployment at 10%

Obama "had a big December?" Really? I'm trying to imagine how little it must take to impress his followers at this point. Didn't Obama agree to extend reduced taxes for Everyone, including the "wealthiest among us?"

"Gas is preceived to be a 'Republican Problem'"....I doubt Jimmy Carter would agree.

If your post is any reflection of how wacked Obamots have become, then Mit Romney better start planning to move into the White House.

Forum List

Back