Re. An Important Message from Luca Brasi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it was directed at mal because he was daving like a motherfucker earlier today... well that and the fact that Fraudball has an axe to grind with him.

It was made in response to a certain habitual violator, who will remain nameless, who violated today and ended up with a month in the penalty box because they knew better to have done what they did...Lucky for them, that particular poster will be out of the box for the final days before Election Day.

It was decided that a general -not specific to any particular poster- admonition against not repeating repeated screw ups would be a good idea, if those posters wanted to still be posting during the month leading up to the election.

Y'know...Like a public service announcement.

It would help if you said what the screw up is. If it's directed at just one poster, then warn that poster who actually does know what you're talking about.

Cuz honestly, I have no clue, and nothing is more irritating than being told "You know what you're doing wrong and you'd better knock it off" when you really DON'T know what you're doing wrong because nobody will tell you.

I was banned for something once with the admonition "you've been told before" and I had (and to this day still have) NO IDEA what the hell the ban was for. I think it might have been a mistake, but who knows, nobody ever fills anyone in on anything.

Not directed at anyone in particular...The habitual fuck-ups know who they are and are also sure to know what particular fuck-uppery will probably land them in the sin bin.

Thanks for the - vague - explanation. Though in future I suggest you warn them privately to avoid having to answer threads seeking clarification, that have the potential to prove embarrassing for all concerned.

I would answer that perhaps my idea of fuck up and yours are two different things.

I don't know why the secrecy. Why don't you just go ahead and cite the behaviors you won't be tolerant of and leave it at that?

Can you say passive aggressive?

Paranoid much? :lol::lol::lol:

"Whatever you do don't break these particular rules that we aren't going to define...and remember, it's all about mod discretion!"

Just saying..I, for one, have no idea what the hell you're talking about, and so must wonder...what is the point of a thread about it if it's a secret?

"You know who you are and if you don't, you're gonna get it, and you know why...and if you don't, you're gonna get it!"

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I would answer that perhaps my idea of fuck up and yours are two different things.

I don't know why the secrecy. Why don't you just go ahead and cite the behaviors you won't be tolerant of and leave it at that?

Can you say passive aggressive?

The elections are coming up in just over a month. There are several posters that are repeat offenders to the same infractions that have caused them to be moderated in the past. Through the process of moderating, there comes a time for a ban. Oddball is just giving a heads up to no one in particular, but if those on the edge want to be here for the fireworks of the election, then they should just watch how they handle themselves and not break the same board policies like they have in the past.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back