Re: 9/11 Remembrance.

Blagger

Rookie
Sep 8, 2010
Under your skin.
Right, the 9/11 remembrance watershed has passed. So I'd like to offer an outsiders take on the whole 'shall we wallow in the past or move on?' discussion taking place on the announcements board.

Firstly, don't immediately assume I'm patronising an entire nation. I'm not. It's just that I've grown-up under the constant shadow of terrorist attack.

I think, as a nation, you should remember those who died when the twin towers were struck.

I don't expect for one second for you to remember the foreign dead, but your fellow Americans who perished in the cowardly attack. After all, it was on American soil that the attack took place.

And that coincides with my next point. Many of you will still not have come to terms with the fact that, for the first time in recent history, the American mainland was attacked. And as a consequence, many American citizens died.

My opinion is that to get over the shock, and to show the world that you're still on top, you should take a leaf out of our book and promptly redevelop the site of the World Trade Centre. Which quite frankly, at present comes across as one of the biggest dead elephants that the world has ever seen.

So, grieve and remember your dead. We do, and will do for the forseeable future. But for pity sake, don't stand idle for any longer and rebuild a testament to U.S resilience for the whole world to see.

P.s. Don't, whatever you do, build a Mosque. That would be a PR tragedy. That could escalate into a tragedy where, instead of confidence and reputation, a far higher price is paid.

Regards,

Swagger from across the Pond

Last edited:
I have always thought that one or two bigger and better towers is the way to go. But, it's not my city.

The Pentagon is better than ever. Fabulous.

Right, the 9/11 remembrance watershed has passed. So I'd like to offer an outsiders take on the whole 'shall we wallow in the past or move on?' discussion taking place on the announcements board.

Firstly, don't immediately assume I'm patronising an entire nation. I'm not. It's just that I've grown-up under the constant shadow of terrorist attack.

I think, as a nation, you should remember those who died when the twin towers were struck.

I don't expect for one second for you to remember the foreign dead, but your fellow Americans who perished in the cowardly attack. After all, it was on American soil that the attack took place.

And that coincides with my next point. Many of you will still not have come to terms with the fact that, for the first time in recent history, the American mainland was attacked. And as a consequence, many American citizens died.

My opinion is that to get over the shock, and to show the world that you're still on top, you should take a leaf out of our book and promptly redevelop the site of the World Trade Centre. Which quite frankly, at present comes across as one of the biggest dead elephants that the world has ever seen.

So, grieve and remember your dead. We do, and will do for the forseeable future. But for pity sake, don't stand idle for any longer and rebuild a testament to U.S resilience for the whole world to see.

P.s. Don't, whatever you do, build a Mosque. That would be a PR tragedy. That could escalate into a tragedy where, instead of confidence and reputation, a far higher price is paid.

Regards,

Swagger from across the Pond

The rebuilding has begun.

Now the Freedom Tower, the $3.2 billion, 1,776-foot answer to the terrorists, has reached the 36th floor.

A pair of iconic steel tridents that stood watch over the ruins for many months have made a triumphant return.

Four hundred newly-planted white oak trees will soon take root in hallowed ground.

Bin Laden remains on the run, but nine years later he can no longer lay claim to his monument to madness. It has been transformed.

Read more: New York rises from the ashes of 9/11 tragedy as Freedom Tower is built within pit of Ground Zero

• Banned
Crivens! Goes to show how out of my stride I am. Much obliged, Zoom-Boing.

Well, that's the spirit, America. Stiff upper-lip and business as usual. Just what the doctor/architect ordered.

Regards,

The misinformed Swagger from across the Pond

Forum List

Back