RCP Poll - Yikes!

Perhaps someone can explain how Gallup is more accurate? I see four interesting things.

1. Gallup's numbers add up to 93%; Rasmussen is 100%.
2. USA adds up to 94%.
3. Does meeting an average make it MORE correct?
4. Gallup and Rasmussen are more current polls.

I interpret these numbers to mean Gallup and the others allow an undecided category, where Rasmusen requires an approve or disapprove response. The differing methodologies are going to cause some level of distortion. It will be interesting to see of Rasmussen's is a predictor of the direction we will go when people make up their minds.

One big methodological issue is that Gallup tracks approval/disapproval without any division inside those groups. Rasmussen's reported approve/disapproval comes from summing the figures for "strongly approve" and "somewhat approve" subsets. The result of adding those options is a rush to moderation. If someone is unsure, but feels strong enough to have a response, they may consider themselves as someone who somewhat disapproves, but if asking approve/disapprove, they'd say approve. Works the same way for low approval ratings too, but in the opposite direction (somewhat approve/disapprove).

I recall the days when a few in here would deride the Rasmussen polls, and any other singular poll showing a decline in Obama approval. Now we have the latest RCP polling average showing Obama, for the first time, falling below 50%. No outliers here folks - just the cold hard fact that America is getting increasingly fed up with this White House...

Hope and Change indeed!

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Rasmussen is STILL an outlier.:lol::lol::lol: 13 points outside the average.

See BS is 11.4 outside the average...

Clintoon News Network is 7.4 outside the average...

Yet you never complain about THEM... Why is that?

damn, those names suck. i hope you did not come up with them yourself but just regurgitated them on the board, like all you post on this board, you boring bland twit.

Perhaps someone can explain how Gallup is more accurate? I see four interesting things.

1. Gallup's numbers add up to 93%; Rasmussen is 100%.
2. USA adds up to 94%.
3. Does meeting an average make it MORE correct?
4. Gallup and Rasmussen are more current polls.

I interpret these numbers to mean Gallup and the others allow an undecided category, where Rasmusen requires an approve or disapprove response. The differing methodologies are going to cause some level of distortion. It will be interesting to see of Rasmussen's is a predictor of the direction we will go when people make up their minds.

One big methodological issue is that Gallup tracks approval/disapproval without any division inside those groups. Rasmussen's reported approve/disapproval comes from summing the figures for "strongly approve" and "somewhat approve" subsets. The result of adding those options is a rush to moderation. If someone is unsure, but feels strong enough to have a response, they may consider themselves as someone who somewhat disapproves, but if asking approve/disapprove, they'd say approve. Works the same way for low approval ratings too, but in the opposite direction (somewhat approve/disapprove).

Click on Gallup and you will see there are undecideds. You make some good points as well.

Rasmussen is STILL an outlier.:lol::lol::lol: 13 points outside the average.

damn, those names suck. i hope you did not come up with them yourself but just regurgitated them on the board, like all you post on this board, you boring bland twit.

The numbers are correct, fuckstain...

Thanks for the official "douche-bag driveby"...

i don't give a fuck about the numbers.

i give a fuck about your entertainment value.

seeBS, clintoon news network.

horrible.

horrible.

Blow me, shise kopf...

I'm not here to entertain lame fuckstains such as yourself...

Ignore me, or are you too fucking stupid to figure how that works?

Let me know if you want to talk about the topic of the thread...

horrible.

Blow me, shise kopf...

oh, now it is about off-on topic, haha.

don't cry. being a bland boring twit is not so bad. just realize you are and work it from there.

horrible.

Blow me, shise kopf...

don't cry. being a bland boring twit is not so bad. just realize you are and work it from there.
Listen, I'm flattered you care this much about me, but your opinion of my "entertainment value" means less than nothing to me... If you need help working the ignore function, ask for help, like you do for everything else...

at least you admit you're just a fucking troll with nothing to add... I'm happy you found your niche in life... Keep on keepin' on!

People are catching on to his game, to include this health care sham. I see where cap and trade may already be dead in the water. Hopefully the people will continue to learn.

The guy conned his way into America's homes, got them to believe his con about how messed up the country was and how bad Republicans and Fox News are....conned them out of their vote and now is showing his true colors.....too bad for America.....and liberals wonder why we think they're so stupid sometimes.....

With Democrats...it's not about policy, it's about who wins...just like high school class President bullshit....promise the world, deliver on NONE OF IT but have one hell of a bake sale.

Blow me, shise kopf...

Listen, I'm flattered you care this much about me, but your opinion of my "entertainment value" means less than nothing to me... If you need help working the ignore function, ask for help, like you do for everything else...

at least you admit you're just a fucking troll with nothing to add... I'm happy you found your niche in life... Keep on keepin' on!

hey, you are becoming slightly more interesting, not much though, still no shred of originality found. i ignored you for months, now i thought it was appropriate to call you out on your "speshial skills in sucking at presenting anything witty or original", but as i said, don't be too angry or sad, you are not alone, and certainly not on this board. now go watch tv.

hey, you are becoming slightly more interesting, not much though, still no shred of originality found. i ignored you for months, now i thought it was appropriate to call you out on your "speshial skills in sucking at presenting anything witty or original", but as i said, don't be too angry or sad, you are not alone, and certainly not on this board. now go watch tv.

None of which changes the fact that Obama's polling numbers continue to steadily decline...

None of which changes the fact that Obama's polling numbers continue to steadily decline...

no? are you 100% sure about that? did you read it on facebook?

Again, because I believe you are a bit slow, your opinions of me mean less than nothing to me... Amazing, isn't it? Well, it's completely true...

Thanks for trolling on through here, though... Awesome skillz....:clap2:

I recall the days when a few in here would deride the Rasmussen polls, and any other singular poll showing a decline in Obama approval. Now we have the latest RCP polling average showing Obama, for the first time, falling below 50%. No outliers here folks - just the cold hard fact that America is getting increasingly fed up with this White House...

Hope and Change indeed!

Just for you Eder...

Again, because I believe you are a bit slow, your opinions of me mean less than nothing to me... Amazing, isn't it? Well, it's completely true...

Thanks for trolling on through here, though... Awesome skillz....:clap2:

see, nothing of value, but i like to see you jumping. you certainly can use the exercise.

Hope and Change indeed!

Just for you Eder...

Forum List

Back