RCP electoral map: Obama 201, Romney 191

I won't worry about Romney winning PA or WI until he actually leads a poll in either state.

Yeah, that's why all this talk about Romney winning is kinda moot. He has some momentum, but if it won't push him over the top then that's the game for Obama.
but the worry for obama is that with romney winning so many of swing states in the polls, he left with littie option but to win all four midwest states and ohio. Lot of eggs in one basket and if he fails to win one of them the game is up. the debate two weeks ago changed everything. Romney has mo but more important he now leading in some key swing states now

Not enough to win though. Choose the no toss up maps on Real Clear Politics, or head off to Electoral-Vote. Obama is still up in enough toss up states to win.

It is getting tougher for Obama to win and easier for Romney, but that isn't saying much as Romney had a fairly impossible path to victory in the EC and Obama was pretty much guaranteed a win prior to that first debate. Romney has not yet taken the lead, or even secured himself an easier path than Obama, but he's moving things in the right direction. Now he just needs to follow through.

dont you just LOVE how libtards think making an issue of the single biggest foreign policy fuck up in the Obama administration... is a bad thing?
it is not a bad thing. i think conservative have the right to bring it up. I think dems have made mess of their response to it . The thing is i am amazed at lack of communication between state department and white house over last few weeks. Even jon strewart pointed this out.

this is a election gift to romney to go on.

It would be if anyone cared about Foreign policy issues these days. After Iraq and Afghanistan, and Bin Ladin's death, folks are fairly burnt out on foreign policy issues. They're just about at the point they want to ignore the rest of the world even exists.

There is a lot to talk about when it comes to Libya. It's just no one is really interested in listening.

your right that debt bulit up over year been very bad and no president over last 20 year really dealt with it.

whoever wins will have struggle to bring it down.

I see this as almost a moot point now. I'm convinced that at most, I'll live to see the deficit closed. The Debt will outlast everyone here. There just isn't enough people to do what it would take to even close the deficit, and you cant' even touch the debt until that happens.

Anyone really and truly serious about cutting the deficit wouldn't get elected. It would require austerity the likes of which even the EU would sicken at. Tax increases, Military spending cut, entitlement cuts... no one has the stomach for it.

Obama will not lose Pennsylvania and Michigan unless the campaign completely collapses. If on election night Pennsylvania goes Red, you should all go to bed. The only reason to stay up is if you want to see what a complete shellacking in the Electoral College looks like and you are too young to remember how decisively Reagan won his Re-election.

What's likely to hurt in the long run is the fact that it now looks like Obama is losing Virginia. Virginia was trending blue and was looking like it might even be slipping into a safe "Leans Blue" or maybe even "Safe Blue" category. If Obama wins and loses Virginia, he's going to face a lot of criticism behind closed doors. That will make the 2016 election VERY hard for the Democrats.

Should Romney dominate Obama in the debates again, this is over. I doubt that happens though. I'm predicting at the very least a tie.

You're right about Pennsylvania. If Romney wins PA; it's over.

You're wrong, I think, about the debates. These second and third debates are not going to do much. Romney got a bump in the first one because he was on stage with the President and he didn't embarrass himself. But subsequent "bumps" aren't going to come unless there is a gaffe by either gentleman.
Well i hope your right. But he still needs to peform well. if he underpeforms it will just give romney even more of that big mo and that not good at this stage. He need to come out of unhurt and with polls not moved to much.

could end up being a safety first debate but i might be wrong.

debates do matter and townhall can hurt you if you do badly. Look at that famous 1992 one with george senior bush looking at his watch which really hurt him in the polls. This made him look detached.

I don't think Obama wears a watch; so we're home free.

Yeah, that's why all this talk about Romney winning is kinda moot. He has some momentum, but if it won't push him over the top then that's the game for Obama.
but the worry for obama is that with romney winning so many of swing states in the polls, he left with littie option but to win all four midwest states and ohio. Lot of eggs in one basket and if he fails to win one of them the game is up. the debate two weeks ago changed everything. Romney has mo but more important he now leading in some key swing states now

Not enough to win though. Choose the no toss up maps on Real Clear Politics, or head off to Electoral-Vote. Obama is still up in enough toss up states to win.

It is getting tougher for Obama to win and easier for Romney, but that isn't saying much as Romney had a fairly impossible path to victory in the EC and Obama was pretty much guaranteed a win prior to that first debate. Romney has not yet taken the lead, or even secured himself an easier path than Obama, but he's moving things in the right direction. Now he just needs to follow through.
you all make good point and romney can use debates to follow through. President must peform to stop romney pulling away after the debate which is what i worry will happen.

if romney takes control of some midwest swing states like ohio and wiscosin after the debate then we looking at defeat for the president.

You're right about Pennsylvania. If Romney wins PA; it's over.

You're wrong, I think, about the debates. These second and third debates are not going to do much. Romney got a bump in the first one because he was on stage with the President and he didn't embarrass himself. But subsequent "bumps" aren't going to come unless there is a gaffe by either gentleman.
Well i hope your right. But he still needs to peform well. if he underpeforms it will just give romney even more of that big mo and that not good at this stage. He need to come out of unhurt and with polls not moved to much.

could end up being a safety first debate but i might be wrong.

debates do matter and townhall can hurt you if you do badly. Look at that famous 1992 one with george senior bush looking at his watch which really hurt him in the polls. This made him look detached.

I don't think Obama wears a watch; so we're home free.
Well true but debate is dangerous. could get nasty question on libya or romney could hit him with hard one liner. he could be caught on camera sighing or looking too angry. anything can go wrong as first debate showed.

he got to make sure he get everything right. keep eye contact with romney and audience, keep point short, don,t be rude but be passionate and sell a postive vision for next four years. don,t be passive but don,t push the passion to far.

your right that debt bulit up over year been very bad and no president over last 20 year really dealt with it.

whoever wins will have struggle to bring it down.

I see this as almost a moot point now. I'm convinced that at most, I'll live to see the deficit closed. The Debt will outlast everyone here. There just isn't enough people to do what it would take to even close the deficit, and you cant' even touch the debt until that happens.

Anyone really and truly serious about cutting the deficit wouldn't get elected. It would require austerity the likes of which even the EU would sicken at. Tax increases, Military spending cut, entitlement cuts... no one has the stomach for it.
so agree. their has to be balanced approch to budget. cutting welfare, increasing taxes , cutting the debt and doing things to save money.

the real promblem is congress has no intention it seem of coming together to work on cutting the debt.

dont you just LOVE how libtards think making an issue of the single biggest foreign policy fuck up in the Obama administration... is a bad thing?
it is not a bad thing. i think conservative have the right to bring it up. I think dems have made mess of their response to it . The thing is i am amazed at lack of communication between state department and white house over last few weeks. Even jon strewart pointed this out.

this is a election gift to romney to go on.

It would be if anyone cared about Foreign policy issues these days. After Iraq and Afghanistan, and Bin Ladin's death, folks are fairly burnt out on foreign policy issues. They're just about at the point they want to ignore the rest of the world even exists.

There is a lot to talk about when it comes to Libya. It's just no one is really interested in listening.
i am not sure about that. If romney really nails obama on libya in debates, it could weaken the president and that never good in election. Even those ecnomey most important issue, they still won,t strong leader for oversea policy.

so awkard and worrying issue for the pressident.

i am not sure about that. If romney really nails obama on libya in debates, it could weaken the president and that never good in election. Even those ecnomey most important issue, they still won,t strong leader for oversea policy.

Obama has always been a weak President when it comes to actual leadership. Libya isn't anything new. I hate to say it, but if you haven't figured out Obama is incredibly weak on leadership skills, Libya isn't going to be the thing that suddenly illuminates it for you.

I think its a mistake for the GOP to focus so much on Libya. Most folks not only fail to understand what happened, and how significant it is, they tune out as soon as the words "Al Queda" are brought up. The downside of killing Osama bin Ladin is that everyone assumes the war is magically over, when the reality is that Osama hadn't been relevant in years thanks to how efficiently Bush killed everyone around bin Ladin.

Obama has always been a weak President when it comes to actual leadership. Libya isn't anything new. I hate to say it, but if you haven't figured out Obama is incredibly weak on leadership skills, Libya isn't going to be the thing that suddenly illuminates it for you.

I think its a mistake for the GOP to focus so much on Libya. Most folks not only fail to understand what happened, and how significant it is, they tune out as soon as the words "Al Queda" are brought up. The downside of killing Osama bin Ladin is that everyone assumes the war is magically over, when the reality is that Osama hadn't been relevant in years thanks to how efficiently Bush killed everyone around bin Ladin.
well i think it effective line of attack for gop. media covered in for weeks and i think that voter do care about what happens aboard still . So it could be effective attack as it makes president looks weak of his handling of what happened aboard.

A lot of wishful thinking about IA and NV.

Iowa probably won't go for Romney because they've never liked the guy. Too many evangelicals, to start with.

Nevada, doubtful.

I also think we are starting to look at the Romney bubble bursting. Three new polls today show Obama retaking the lead. And tomorrow, Mitt's got to talk to some of that 47% of moochers...

The bump was short lived, they're tied at RCP. That electoral map takes time to catch up there, tomorrow night's debate will matter for sure. I think Obama's learned a tough lesson and he's got this.

As long as he has answers for Libya that are satisfactory, he should be ok. Making libya a campaign issue might backfire on Romney. I have the feeling he'll try it.
that could be toughest question he gets on Libya. They have made mess white house of dealing with that question and they need to come up with good response for debate on tuesday otherwise obama could be left looking exposed in the debate.

your right that bloodshed from awful first debate peformance slowed down in polls slightly. But Obama to ensure mo does not carry on for romney or worsen must turn up and peform. I hope he really praticing . He needs to . It high stakes time.

It really is.

The bump was short lived, they're tied at RCP. That electoral map takes time to catch up there, tomorrow night's debate will matter for sure. I think Obama's learned a tough lesson and he's got this.

As long as he has answers for Libya that are satisfactory, he should be ok. Making libya a campaign issue might backfire on Romney. I have the feeling he'll try it.
that could be toughest question he gets on Libya. They have made mess white house of dealing with that question and they need to come up with good response for debate on tuesday otherwise obama could be left looking exposed in the debate.

your right that bloodshed from awful first debate peformance slowed down in polls slightly. But Obama to ensure mo does not carry on for romney or worsen must turn up and peform. I hope he really praticing . He needs to . It high stakes time.

It really is.
so true. i am worried though about usa today. that biggest lead yet nationally for romney so far. 51% to 45 % . what worrying is has obama tied with women and 12% behind with men.

i just hope that poll does not get shown to be case in every other poll as week goes on.

he really needs a good debate peformance even more so now to have a chance

You're going to see Romney go up even more.

It's not going to be close. Romney is going to win big time. At least 319

i am worried it heading for romney landslide now. very depressing for liberals and great for conservative. mitt romney is a massive front runner even more so now

It really is.
so true. i am worried though about usa today. that biggest lead yet nationally for romney so far. 51% to 45 % . what worrying is has obama tied with women and 12% behind with men.

i just hope that poll does not get shown to be case in every other poll as week goes on.

he really needs a good debate peformance even more so now to have a chance

I'm starting to think you are a concern troll. Stop clinging to single polls one way or the other.

i am not a troll at all. Just worried that polls keeping bring up bad news for obama. i won,t cling to them but they do matter man.

Tomorrow night will say a lot about what to expect. If the Obama campaign learned nothing from debate 1, then it could be bad for Obama. If he ties or wins, we're back to a squeaker.

Romney still has the problem that he's tossing his base under the bus as fast as he can throw and that he has high personal unfavorability ratings. And he still isn't ahead yet, despite completely stomping Obama in the first debate.

Still, it could happen. Let's see what tomorrow evening brings.

Tomorrow night will say a lot about what to expect. If the Obama campaign learned nothing from debate 1, then it could be bad for Obama. If he ties or wins, we're back to a squeaker.

Romney still has the problem that he's tossing his base under the bus as fast as he can throw and that he has high personal unfavorability ratings. And he still isn't ahead yet, despite completely stomping Obama in the first debate.

Still, it could happen. Let's see what tomorrow evening brings.
well usa today poll looks good for romney. obama is behind and needs to stop romney mo. Jake tapper on twitter said romney got the mo. Obama got to deliver on tuesday night. Lot of pressure. if he it goes wrong well anyway. i stay postive for now anyway

Avatar4321, stop the nonsense, please. Romney still has only 191 in the bag. He has not picked up one vote since all of this started two Thursdays ago.

Yes, Romney can win, but it will be incredibly close.

Obama is down to about 231 votes but Romney has not risen above 191. That bothers me.

Doesn't bother me in the least.... :lol:

Again, I think Romney has already jumped the shark. RCP has him shrinking back in the polls, and that cute stunt where they had to drop a poll yesterday the same day they posted it to create the illusion of a .01 lead was hilarious.

Tonight, he gets his Mormon Ass handed to him.

Forum List

Back