RCC To Catholics: How To Convert A Wiccan

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
LONDON -- Five hundred years ago, the Catholic Church had a simple way of dealing with witches: It burned them alive. The Vatican still views these broom botherers as a danger, but is now calling on Catholics to eliminate the neo-pagan problem in a more moderate manner.

According to a new booklet from the Catholic Truth Society -- the U.K. publishers for the Holy See -- the faithful can convert Wiccans by following a few simple steps. The pamphlet, titled "Wicca and Witchcraft: Understanding the Dangers," suggests that Catholics spark up conversations with these unbelievers about shared concerns such as the environment, The Telegraph reports.

And if you bump into a witch in a bar or coffee shop, the book adds, it's important to recognize that "Wiccans are on a genuine spiritual quest," providing "the starting point for dialog that may lead to their conversion."

The booklet's author, former Wiccan Elizabeth Dodd, states that nearly 70 percent of people indulging in witchcraft are young women seeking some kind of spirituality, according to the Daily Mail. The source of that statistic isn't clear, but some 7,000 Brits identified themselves as Wiccans in the 2001 census.

Catholic Church Issues Guide on How to Convert Witches

O, so burning them at the stake is out now, eh?

LONDON -- Five hundred years ago, the Catholic Church had a simple way of dealing with witches: It burned them alive. The Vatican still views these broom botherers as a danger, but is now calling on Catholics to eliminate the neo-pagan problem in a more moderate manner.

According to a new booklet from the Catholic Truth Society -- the U.K. publishers for the Holy See -- the faithful can convert Wiccans by following a few simple steps. The pamphlet, titled "Wicca and Witchcraft: Understanding the Dangers," suggests that Catholics spark up conversations with these unbelievers about shared concerns such as the environment, The Telegraph reports.

And if you bump into a witch in a bar or coffee shop, the book adds, it's important to recognize that "Wiccans are on a genuine spiritual quest," providing "the starting point for dialog that may lead to their conversion."

The booklet's author, former Wiccan Elizabeth Dodd, states that nearly 70 percent of people indulging in witchcraft are young women seeking some kind of spirituality, according to the Daily Mail. The source of that statistic isn't clear, but some 7,000 Brits identified themselves as Wiccans in the 2001 census.

Sad and sick, for sure - horrible. Conversion happens by the Spirit of the Lord, and loving others and sharing His Word is the way to witness Jesus Christ. One can't know Him until they know He is Lord, and that will be by His Spirit.

The article does say however, that it was 500 years ago. Not that that matters, even still, the RCC doctrines and past have really put a bad name on "Christianity" imo. Many equate the RCC doctrines with Christianity, however many, like myself - now do not at all. I rememeber when I was young I thought Roman Catholic was the same thing as Christianity so I used to. Now that I looked into it for the last several years - no, not at all. Yes I believe there are some "saved" and know Jesus in the RCC, but they will eventually "come out" of it. As the Lord reveals in His Word the truth. Rather, when I read more of the Bible myself and found out many things it teaches that is opposed to RCC doctrines and tractions, I was astounded.

Our Lord Jesus Christ has much more Grace than the "grace" of the RCC. And of course, He said, HE is the only way. (Not the RCC). I thank the Lord so much I wasn't influenced by the RCC doctrines and pray for more to come out of her/that "church".

I don't know for sure myself personally, but many believe that The RCC/Roman Catholic Church is the "Whore" or "Prostitute" stated in Revelation 17...

I find this very interesting a worth a look. Author Dave Hunt wrote a book called, "A Woman Rides the Beast", and here is a video link to it - I encourage anyone to watch. It's very interesting and it shows the contrasts between the teachines of the RCC and the Bible.

It's a longer vid, but I think anyone who gets confused as to why the RCC has done what its done should watch it!

PS - To any RCC people, I'm not attacking your person persay, at all. It's the teachings of the RCC. All I have to do is go to the "Holy See" Vatican website, where I'm hard pressed to find scripture/Bible/Jesus Christ our Lord first and foremost. It's there, yes, but what is abundantly more prominent is the "RCC" itself and the "Pope", which to me is junk, as we all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, not the "Pope." Where is Jesus at the site? Is it not by His Name we are saved? Yes! It is only through the LORD - It is written:

Acts 4:11-12
Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

FYI - Vatican Website - Where is His Word (GOD's Word) first and foremost? Where is Jesus on there first and foremost?

The Holy See <--- Holy See Website

Last edited by a moderator:

Madeline,

I am shocked, yes, shocked that you the very picture of open mindedness would "bash" anyone's faith.

I keep waiting for you to show us all "the way" or "the truth". Do you think this brings anyone closer to the Lord?

Just wanted to add these videos also. It is kinda similar to to what Dave Hunt is saying about the RCC, but a way shorter version of Hunt's video. It shows the Bible Verses and compares to RCC and the teachings of the RCC. A must watch for anyone who doesn't understand why RCC does what it has done.

Revelation 17 Whore Babylon Antichrist - Part 1 (of 2)

Revelation 17 Whore Babylon Antichrist - Part 2 Rev

Again, I don't claim that "know". But when we see the verses compared to what the RCC "teaches", again not attacking a person, its "wow".

• Banned
Marie, I am a lapsed Catholic and I also find much fault with the RCC...obviously, or else I'd still be there. But it's dogma is bible based....it's just that the RCC approaches the bible somewhat differently than most mainstream Protestant faiths. (Or did, when I was young, but I am fairly sure things have stayed the same on this.)

First of all, there's a separate RCC bible, and one reason why is, that bible is heavily annotated with interpretations of the passages. The RCC tends to direct an adherent to various prayers, cathecisms, missals, etc. and expects them to depend pretty heavily on clergy to teach them the bible, rather than delving in on their own.

I dun think the RCC is any more ridiculous in its dogma than any protestant faith, and though the RCC teaches that theirs is the only path to God, I dun think that's true, either. I posted the video because I find some of what the current Pope turns his attention to a tad goofy. All the evil in this world, and he's worried about the etiquette of harrassing Wiccans?

Last edited:
You'll notice something very important that occured around the same time 500 years ago.

In 1465 the very first Bible, the Gutenburg Bible, was mass produced by the printing press, putting the Word of God directly into the hands of Christians.

Christians, by definition, follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Christ's message on killing is summed up by "If any one of you is without sin, let him cast the first stone." in John 8:7...which is in direct opposition with the church's actions.

Jesus is very clear in his lessons on false prophets, false teachers and false doctrine in Matthew chapter 7.

Jesus says Seek the Truth and you will find it.

But beware of false teacher who do not teach His Word.

You will recognize them by their works.

Many will die believing they had followed the Lord, but Jesus will say "I never knew you."

The lesson is contained in Matthew 7:24...Hear the words of Jesus, and put them into practice...don't put your faith in the words of man, or church, or denomination.Here is a link to the 28 verses of Matthew chapter 7.

Matthew 7 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

Last edited:
  • Banned
I'm not the right person to be defending the RCC, Missourian. I pillory the Pope regularly...but I dislike seeing the entire faith demonized, too.

Interesting observation about the printing press, BTW. I bet you're right on the money.

Just wanted to add these videos also. It is kinda similar to to what Dave Hunt is saying about the RCC, but a way shorter version of Hunt's video. It shows the Bible Verses and compares to RCC and the teachings of the RCC. A must watch for anyone who doesn't understand why RCC does what it has done.

Revelation 17 Whore Babylon Antichrist - Part 1 (of 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toBOML5W4uQ

Revelation 17 Whore Babylon Antichrist - Part 2 Rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpa6npXQoY&feature=related

Again, I don't claim that "know". But when we see the verses compared to what the RCC "teaches", again not attacking a person, its "wow".

It looks like "tunnel vision" to me. You could interpret the same passages and come up with communism or islam, also. Maybe this guy is the one that is leading to false paths.

Marie, I am a lapsed Catholic and I also find much fault with the RCC...obviously, or else I'd still be there. But it's dogma is bible based....it's just that the RCC approaches the bible somewhat differently than most mainstream Protestant faiths. (Or did, when I was young, but I am fairly sure things have stayed the same on this.)

First of all, there's a separate RCC bible, and one reason why is, that bible is heavily annotated with interpretations of the passages. The RCC tends to direct an adherent to various prayers, cathecisms, missals, etc. and expects them to depend pretty heavily on clergy to teach them the bible, rather than delving in on their own.

I dun think the RCC is any more ridiculous in its dogma than any protestant faith, and though the RCC teaches that theirs is the only path to God, I dun think that's true, either. I posted the video because I find some of what the current Pope turns his attention to a tad goofy. All the evil in this world, and he's worried about the etiquette of harrassing Wiccans?

Thank you for clarifying your reasons.

Sad and sick, for sure - horrible. Conversion happens by the Spirit of the Lord, and loving others and sharing His Word is the way to witness Jesus Christ. One can't know Him until they know He is Lord, and that will be by His Spirit.

The article does say however, that it was 500 years ago. Not that that matters, even still, the RCC doctrines and past have really put a bad name on "Christianity" imo. Many equate the RCC doctrines with Christianity, however many, like myself - now do not at all. I rememeber when I was young I thought Roman Catholic was the same thing as Christianity so I used to. Now that I looked into it for the last several years - no, not at all. Yes I believe there are some "saved" and know Jesus in the RCC, but they will eventually "come out" of it. As the Lord reveals in His Word the truth. Rather, when I read more of the Bible myself and found out many things it teaches that is opposed to RCC doctrines and tractions, I was astounded.

Our Lord Jesus Christ has much more Grace than the "grace" of the RCC. And of course, He said, HE is the only way. (Not the RCC). I thank the Lord so much I wasn't influenced by the RCC doctrines and pray for more to come out of her/that "church".

I don't know for sure myself personally, but many believe that The RCC/Roman Catholic Church is the "Whore" or "Prostitute" stated in Revelation 17...

I find this very interesting a worth a look. Author Dave Hunt wrote a book called, "A Woman Rides the Beast", and here is a video link to it - I encourage anyone to watch. It's very interesting and it shows the contrasts between the teachines of the RCC and the Bible.

It's a longer vid, but I think anyone who gets confused as to why the RCC has done what its done should watch it!

PS - To any RCC people, I'm not attacking your person persay, at all. It's the teachings of the RCC. All I have to do is go to the "Holy See" Vatican website, where I'm hard pressed to find scripture/Bible/Jesus Christ our Lord first and foremost. It's there, yes, but what is abundantly more prominent is the "RCC" itself and the "Pope", which to me is junk, as we all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, not the "Pope." Where is Jesus at the site? Is it not by His Name we are saved? Yes! It is only through the LORD - It is written:

Acts 4:11-12
Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

FYI - Vatican Website - Where is His Word (GOD's Word) first and foremost? Where is Jesus on there first and foremost?

The Holy See <--- Holy See Website

The RCC doesn't make a fetish of the Bible. They are after all the ones that put it together and soon realized there were problems with parts of it, hence the need for priestly guidance. Look to those that take the Bible as the be-all and end-all and on fringes you you get people like Koresh. Reading the Bible is good, but to do so without proper instruction and to believe every word, when much of it is allegory, isn't getting you any closer to true Christianity. To be a true Christian, following the Golden Rule is sufficient without ever having read the Bible. As for the Pope's authority, didn't Jesus say he'd build his church on Peter and whatever was bound on earth would be bound in heaven and whatever is loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven? Sounds like he was conferring authority or did he only expect the church to last Peter's lifetime?

You know, the very first "bible" was the Torah, which is the first 5 books of the OT. It was written by rabbis in Jerusalem after Moses received it from God. The remainder of the OT is a history of the Jewish people.

When Rome sacked Jerusalem, they took the religion of the Jews with them, and then, because all the Torah books were written the same, they decided that there was power in their religion and brought it back to Rome to convert all the pagans in their empire.

However..........to get the pagans to join in, they had to make certain "adjustments" to the religion, two of which were aligning Yeshua's (Jesus') birthday to coincide with the winter solstice, as well as adjusted the Easter celebration to coincide with the spring solstice, which is why sometimes Easter comes before Passover. Remember.........Yeshua was in Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover because He was an observant Jew, which brings up the question why does Passover sometimes come AFTER the celebration of the resurrection.

Then......there's the deification of various people (i.e. saints), as well as quite a bit of ritual.

No........Catholics AREN'T Christians.

You know, the very first "bible" was the Torah, which is the first 5 books of the OT. It was written by rabbis in Jerusalem after Moses received it from God. The remainder of the OT is a history of the Jewish people.

When Rome sacked Jerusalem, they took the religion of the Jews with them, and then, because all the Torah books were written the same, they decided that there was power in their religion and brought it back to Rome to convert all the pagans in their empire.

However..........to get the pagans to join in, they had to make certain "adjustments" to the religion, two of which were aligning Yeshua's (Jesus') birthday to coincide with the winter solstice, as well as adjusted the Easter celebration to coincide with the spring solstice, which is why sometimes Easter comes before Passover. Remember.........Yeshua was in Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover because He was an observant Jew, which brings up the question why does Passover sometimes come AFTER the celebration of the resurrection.

Then......there's the deification of various people (i.e. saints), as well as quite a bit of ritual.

No........Catholics AREN'T Christians.

If they believe that The "Christ" is their Savior, they are Christians.

Nobody posted Python's witch scene from the Holy Grail in response to the OP?

My disappointment is great. What's wrong with you people?

To be fair to the Catholics, witchcraft was punished by the states, not the Church.

The RCC doesn't make a fetish of the Bible. They are after all the ones that put it together and soon realized there were problems with parts of it, hence the need for priestly guidance. Look to those that take the Bible as the be-all and end-all and on fringes you you get people like Koresh. Reading the Bible is good, but to do so without proper instruction and to believe every word, when much of it is allegory, isn't getting you any closer to true Christianity. To be a true Christian, following the Golden Rule is sufficient without ever having read the Bible. As for the Pope's authority, didn't Jesus say he'd build his church on Peter and whatever was bound on earth would be bound in heaven and whatever is loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven? Sounds like he was conferring authority or did he only expect the church to last Peter's lifetime?

How can you "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength and with all your mind."(Deuteronomy 6:5) but not love him enough to read His Word and follow His directives?

Last edited:

Oh please, all of you, wake up! There are no pink fairies at the bottom of the garden.

How can you "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your strength and with all your mind."(Deuteronomy 6:5) but not love him enough to read His Word and follow His directives?

Why would you have to read the words to be a good person? Are you saying there aren't good people in the non-JCI faiths? The directives are simple and don't require reading the whole Bible: love God and love your neighbor, simple!!! I not saying don't read the Bible, just that there's a danger in not getting learned advice in its interpretation, as we saw in the Koresh case.

Nice to see slander and lies still exist in the world. By the way it is funny when people use Catholic hater videos to explain what Catholics believe.;

Nice to see slander and lies still exist in the world. By the way it is funny when people use Catholic hater videos to explain what Catholics believe.;

Quick question chick, wanna explain why Easter sometimes comes before Passover? That's right.......the Catholics changed the holiday to coincide with the Spring Solstice (hence the Sunrise Service). Made it easier to sell to the pagans.

Also, care to talk about Yeshua's (Jesus') actual birthday being closer to the end of October, yet the Catholics changed it to coincide with the Winter Solstice, because yet again......it made it easier to sell it to the pagans?

After that, then let's talk about the saints..........

Forum List

Back