Raw milk can be dangerous

"
Are there more outbreaks related to raw milk in states where it is legal to sell?
Yes. States that allow the legal sale of raw milk for human consumption have more raw milk-related outbreaks of illness than states that do not allow raw milk to be sold legally."

CDC - Raw Milk Questions and Answers - Food Safety
Making raw milk legal, as they say, does not make it any easier to obtain. Raw milk is supposedly legal in California but most of their raw milk is still sold through cow shares.

Yeah, I have common sense. I don't believe there's a government conspiracy to prevent us from drinking raw milk. The nature of milk as it is produced today makes raw milk a very, very risky venture. For kids.

Theoretically for children, old people, and anyone with compromised immune systems...are you aware that it is not recommended to feed infants honey, too? Honey is, like milk, a very good medium for bacteria. It is also one of Nature's best anti-bacterial agents. Access to raw milk should be left up to the consumer, like many other things. Whether they feed it to their children is their business.
One of my raw milk customer purchased two herd shares right after their granddaughter was born because Mom was unable to produce enough milk herself. They wanted raw milk for its natural nutritional properties, they wanted goat milk (raw) because they preferred goat milk. The family goes through about two gallons a week and have never had a complaint. The baby is almost two now and the healthiest, most adorable little girl you could hope to meet. Oh, yeah, the 90-some-year- old granny drinks the stuff too.
I drink my own milk, my family drinks it, my customers drink it. I would have more customers if I had more milk. And that regardless of the stupid contracts everyone is forced to sign.
Actually honey is even more stable than raw milk. They've found honey from Egyptian times. Sterilized milk is they stuff used as a growth medium.

"There are no health benefits from drinking raw milk that cannot be obtained from drinking pasteurized milk that is free of disease-causing bacteria. The process of pasteurization of milk has never been found to be the cause of chronic diseases, allergies, or developmental or behavioral problems."

CDC - Raw Milk Questions and Answers - Food Safety
You do realize that you have not backed up any of your previous accusations yet and you don't responded when we show your accusations to be false. You just move on and change the subject.

What the CDC actually says is that the testimonials of millions of American raw milk consumers are not published in their journals and they don't recognize the studies that show some of the “health benefits of drinking raw milk” and they completely ignore the studies that show pasteurized milk is the “cause of chronic diseases, allergies, developmental and behavioral problems.” and they admit that pasteurized milk is not free of so called disease-causing bacteria. Their own data shows that.

The CDC is famous for saying there is no evidence but they are the ones with the burden of proof. They are the ones trying to tell people what to eat. They have the resources. They could easily do a study to prove their theories. They don't because they don't want to know the answer. We had more than enough evidence to try raw milk. Once we did we knew the CDC was being disingenuous.

Of course I have. I backed up everything. And you haven't shown anything that I said to be false. In fact, you've been caught outright in a couple of lies...#1, that raw milk wards off allergies, and #2, that the CDC had no reported deaths attributed to raw milk consumption.

What else would you like me to back up?

So when you sell milk, do you lie to your customers about, say, the date you milked it? Or the temps at which you keep it?

Of course I have. I backed up everything. And you haven't shown anything that I said to be false. In fact, you've been caught outright in a couple of lies...#1, that raw milk wards off allergies, and #2, that the CDC had no reported deaths attributed to raw milk consumption.

Copy pasted directly from your post: “148 outbreaks due to consumption of raw milk or raw milk products were reported to CDC. These resulted in 2,384 illnesses, 284 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths.”

It says “raw milk or raw milk products” not “raw milk”. OR OR OR!!! So which is it milk OR cheese?

You haven't explained why we need to prove our claims even if we were selling raw milk which I am not. If my claims are false it's up to you to prove that they are. Most pharmaceuticals are not proven to work every time and many have known side effects that always accompany their use. Regardless how credible you say they are, we have studies and millions of testimonials demonstrating raw milk's safety and benefit and all the CDC can say is raw milk could theoretically contain bacteria that some say may cause diarrhea in some people some of the time. The same diarrhea that the average American gets 4 times a year.

I know the consequences of my actions. I don't need the government to make these choices for me. I am of sound mind and I am very capable making these decisions on my own without the help of the state.

That's crazy talk. Just what the hell do you know about your own body?

I know the consequences of my actions. I don't need the government to make these choices for me. I am of sound mind and I am very capable making these decisions on my own without the help of the state.

But it's so much easier having the government make the decisions for us. Besides, thinking causes wrinkles. :p

But it's so much easier having the government make the decisions for us. Besides, thinking causes wrinkles. :p

Tell me about it.

Grumpy-old-man.jpg

So when you sell milk, do you lie to your customers about, say, the date you milked it? Or the temps at which you keep it?

Why be so adamant to stop people from making their own choices? If they want to take the risk to their health and drink it, then let them. We let people smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol, don't we?

There has to be another reason why the government does not want to legalize this product, and it MUST have something to do with money.

Forum List

Back