Raw emotions ease over Obama's health care overhaul; 1 in 4 back complete repeal

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
The Canadian Press: AP-GfK Poll: Raw emotions ease over Obama's health care overhaul; 1 in 4 back complete repeal

As for repeal, only about one in four say they want to do away with the law completely. Among Republicans support for repeal has dropped sharply, from 61 per cent after the elections to 49 per cent now.

Also, 43 per cent say they want the law changed so it does more to re-engineer the health care system. Fewer than one in five say it should be left as it is.

The ship is sinking slowly Republitards, that repeal is never going to happen, try focusing on other things, your "job killing Obamacare" rhetoric is not working. :D

I think people are finding out the truth of the bill instead of the myth that was created by the right.

If the Supreme Court overturns the mandate to purchase health insurance, what happens next? Without the mandate, the healthcare law has no real cost reductions. It is left with several needed health insurance reforms, which would probably increase the cost of healthcare, not decrease it. So we are back to the same financial problem we had in 2008, healthcare cost increasing at two, three, or four times the rate of inflation, 50 million without health insurance and rising premiums, forcing more people out of the healthcare insurance market leading to even higher premiums.

The Republican plan for healthcare reform includes the popular insurance reforms such as the preexisting condition ban. For cost reduction, the Republican plan relies on tort reform and increasing competition in the health insurance industry. The problem with this plan is that it offers only minor reduction in costs, if any and will most probably face a constitutional challenge.

Elimination of preexisting conditions in insurance will increase cost. Tort reform, which will reduce the cost of malpractice insurance and defensive medicine, has been shown in studies in both Florida and Massachusetts to reduce the total healthcare cost increases only about 2 to 3%. Increasing competition in the health insurance market may or may not reduce insurance cost, however it will have no effect on the rising cost of healthcare. In order to open up the health insurance market to more competition, the federal government would have to mandate that the states change their health insurance laws which would surely lead to a challenge in the courts.

Without any other viable cost control mechanism, the single payer option could well be the replacement for the unpopular mandated healthcare insurance requirement in the healthcare law.

This Thread is a lie. It's just the opposite.. 3 out of 4 people want this bill repealed. I'll post a Poll to prove it. In another thread.

This Thread is a lie. It's just the opposite.. 3 out of 4 people want this bill repealed. I'll post a Poll to prove it. In another thread.
Nope. The latest AP poll shows support for repeat falling.

The latest poll finds a nation evenly divided on support of the measure with 41 percent saying they support it, while 41 percent say they oppose the law. The latest results mark an decrease in opposition of an estimated 6 percent. An earlier AP/GfK poll found 47 percent of respondents opposing the health care reform law.

I don't think you are going to find any current poll that supports your statement, however you better look soon because support for repeal is falling like a rock.

Health care reform opponents wane ahead of vote for repeal | The State Column

The whole bill should be repealed, not because of the health care provisions, but because of the complete and over the top corruption that it contains in it.

It was not passed legitimatly in my opinion.

The Canadian Press: AP-GfK Poll: Raw emotions ease over Obama's health care overhaul; 1 in 4 back complete repeal

As for repeal, only about one in four say they want to do away with the law completely. Among Republicans support for repeal has dropped sharply, from 61 per cent after the elections to 49 per cent now.

Also, 43 per cent say they want the law changed so it does more to re-engineer the health care system. Fewer than one in five say it should be left as it is.

The ship is sinking slowly Republitards, that repeal is never going to happen, try focusing on other things, your "job killing Obamacare" rhetoric is not working. :D

Many health insurance premiums renew in January. Ours went up 34%. Your poll happened before then. I think the furvor will rise shortly.

Many health insurance premiums renew in January. Ours went up 34%. Your poll happened before then. I think the furvor will rise shortly.

Oh it will rise all right. People will continue to see what happens to their premiums when the Health Insurance Companies continue unchecked.

I am enjoying watching what is happening to the HC Law as the GOP rises in power. All of the sudden repeal doesn't look to good even to the GOP.

Last edited:
I think electrical workers make too much.

And as a former County Board Rep I think City Council Reps and people in Sales make too much for as little as they do. Get a REAL job!! :tongue:

Besides, what the hell does that have to do with the thread subject? :confused:

I think electrical workers make too much.

And as a former County Board Rep I think City Council Reps and people in Sales make too much for as little as they do. Get a REAL job!! :tongue:

Besides, what the hell does that have to do with the thread subject? :confused:

Wages are relative to what it can purchase and the value we place on it compared to another job. If it weren't for sales, there would be no need for electricity.

Yep.

Once folks get a load of how much its going to cost them personaly the shit will surely hit the fan.

The only winners in this whole HC scenario are those that didn't have insurance. If they couldn't pay for it then they sure won't be able to pay for it now.

The losers will be those with insurance. We will all be paying higher premiums to cover all those coming into the system.

I don't know about you but I'm not interested in paying for someone elses HC.

Seems like these libs were just telling us how unimportant polls were just before the election. Wonder what changed?

Forum List

Back