Raunchy dangdut music stirs debate in Indonesia

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
"They think I cannot behave myself, that this is [strict] Muslim country. They say: 'Julia, you cannot be sexy here ' . But how come the ratings are always high? The people like me because I don't have to pretend that I'm a good Muslim - when I talk about my faith it's between me and my God."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17520726

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnV6emqg8AU]JULIA PEREZ - Belah Duren - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:

Last edited:
"They think I cannot behave myself, that this is [strict] Muslim country. They say: 'Julia, you cannot be sexy here ' . But how come the ratings are always high? The people like me because I don't have to pretend that I'm a good Muslim - when I talk about my faith it's between me and my God."
BBC News - Raunchy dangdut music stirs debate in Indonesia

JULIA PEREZ - Belah Duren - YouTube

Pakistani Muslims torture woman, shave her head, and parade her through the streets for converting to Christianity

acid-attack081.jpg

^ She wasn't so lucky Jos.​

Pakistani Taliban: wear hijab, or be disfigured.

Pakistan: Muslims torture woman, shave her head, and parade her through the streets for converting to Christianity - soc.culture.british | Google Groups

Link

It's a lot more than Jihad watch although Jihad watch compiles realtime acts and it's good to see the acts happening worldwide in real time. I will say that yes, so far she has not been disfigured. However, Indonesia hides from itself but the world is watching the radicalization of Indonesia grow, so far internally, but the proof of the attack on the religious minorities is there.

TERRORISM IN INDONESIA : Role of the Religious Organisations -- South Asia Analysis Group

So far the more homegrown radical organizations in Indonesia haven't been supplanted by their outside extremist brethren as is evidenced in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, Algeria, Egypt, Yemen, etc. but those groups are there and gaining strength from Suharto's seeming approval and support.

I think it's a good idea to keep a realtime eye out for the flow of extremism. You keep an eye on the other side and we can both hope that this lady you posted doesn't get done in like the ones I posted.

• Banned
"gaining strength from Suharto's seeming approval and support"?
That is hard to believe, since Suharto Died in 2008

"gaining strength from Suharto's seeming approval and support"?
That is hard to believe, since Suharto Died in 2008

The approval is still there. His control is clear. His policies still are in play.

The Suharto Legacy - As He Lay Dying :: JapanFocus

Suharto may die a free man, surrounded by elites offering servile compliments. But perhaps, even in a coma, he will not be able to suppress some memories. It is not easy to forget a million people, a million deaths. Standing next to each other, they can fill enormous space and their screams, coming in unison, can break the walls of any - even a private – hospital.

And don't forget the policies that still approve and allow the terrorist enclaves.

BBC News - Raunchy dangdut music stirs debate in Indonesia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnV6emqg8AU]JULIA PEREZ - Belah Duren - YouTube[/ame]

This is fascinating.

The Muslim Madonna!

She is a beautiful woman, and, perhaps, presages a new direction for Muslims....maybe...a bit....

But it is Indonesia....they've had a woman ruler.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back