Raum Emanual WINS!!!! Chicago is free of LA RAZA threat..for now!

"I'm just a business man who put the SIN in business!"

al%20capone.jpg

:lol:

chinatown8.jpg

"Of course I'm respectable. I'm old."
"Politicians, ugly buildings and whores all get respectable
if they last long enough."

Noah Cross (John Houston) to
JJ Gittes (Jack Nicholson)
"Chinatown"

Rahm Emanuel was elected mayor of Chicago on Tuesday by building a coalition so broad-based, he says it empowers him to confront Chicago’s daunting problems.

“What makes this victory most gratifying is that it was built on votes from every corner of the city from people who believe that a common set of challenges must be met with a common purpose,” Emanuel told cheering fans at Plumbers Hall on the Near West Side.

His wife and three children stood with him.
“You sure know how to make a guy feel at home,” Emanuel said, now free to laugh about the residency challenge that almost kept him off the ballot.
Emanuel scored a runaway victory, taking 55 percent of the vote to Gery Chico’s 24 percent. The former White House chief of staff’s margin of victory was big enough to avoid a run-off and establish an indisputable mandate from just about every geographic and ethnic bloc in Chicago.
Emanuel won 40 wards to Chico’s 10. Emanuel won all the predominantly black wards.

Emanuel appeared to be the “consensus candidate” of the black community, garnering a larger share of the votes than former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun, who came in fourth behind City Clerk Miguel del Valle. Braun had just under 9 percent, del Valle just over 9 percent.
Braun’s collapse opened the door for Emanuel to claim the black vote and made a run-off impossible.

Chico conceded the election an hour and a half after the polls closed, saying he pledged any help Emanuel may need.

“We’ve elected a mayor tonight,” Chico said at the Westin, flanked by his wife, Sunny, and their five children. “I want with all of my heart for Rahm Emanuel to be successful as mayor of Chicago ... Our future is very, very bright — and I know Rahm will lead us in the right direction. Let’s all work together to get behind the new mayor and make this the best city on the face of the Earth.”

Emanuel’s victory, on top of victories by President Obama and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle, offer further evidence that the old racial and ethnic stereotypes that have defined Chicago voting patterns for generations have waned.

“Two things are surreal: the nature of the victory and how fast it got counted. What is this California? I’ve only been gone two years. What happened?” said campaign strategist David Axelrod, who worked together with Emanuel in President Obama’s White House.

“The most important thing for the city was the multi-racial, multi-ethnic nature of this victory,” Axelrod said. “It was truly a citywide victory. To do that in one round is a remarkable feat,” Axelrod said. “There were people who doubted his strength in the African-American community, but it was real. It is much healthier for the city, and it will give him the foundation from which to attack the problems of the city.”

Read more at:
Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayor race - Chicago Sun-Times

I'll bet this ruined the plans of Luis Gutierrez, traitor to Americans and friend of the invading Latinos.

FF20110118-Luis-Gutierrez-on-Rahm-Emanuel.jpg
Like Emanual is a lover of America, please. But, the lesser of two evils wins.

Forum List

Back