Debate Now Rattlesnakes, why they rattle the tail?

I amso IR

"Well Yea, Duh"!
Jul 11, 2015
From the choices listed below, please select one (1) and explain why you made that choice.

• It is a warning
  • It is a reflexive response
  • It is a gesture of warmth
  • I'm hungry, let's eat
  • All of the above
  • None of the above
Who cares? (hint, IamsoIR does)
Please abide by Forum Rules.

Do you want to flesh this out a bit? Are we talking about Why rattlesnakes rattle? Or is this more of a Rorshach Test on interpretation?

If it's LITERAL -- I would choose "all of the above". BTW -- if this is a personal emergency and you're being attacked -- you should really call 911... :coffee:

Having been bit by rattlers several times and a water moccasin once, I found the experiences not pleasant.

• Banned
Do you want to flesh this out a bit? Are we talking about Why rattlesnakes rattle? Or is this more of a Rorshach Test on interpretation?

If it's LITERAL -- I would choose "all of the above". BTW -- if this is a personal emergency and you're being attacked -- you should really call 911... :coffee:
Yep, how did I miss that? Thank you as it makes more sense now.

• Banned
Having been bit by rattlers several times and a water moccasin once, I found the experiences not pleasant.
Ah, an experienced subject. Your personal thoughts would be appreciated as to why the critter "rattles" it's tail. Thanks in advance.

Rattlers may rattle their tails as a warning to stupids like me.

They may rattle simply as a reflexive movement much as felines wave their tails, although sometimes the tail waiving reflects a disquiet in a particular situation.

From the choices listed below, please select one (1) and explain why you made that choice.

• It is a warning
  • It is a reflexive response
  • It is a gesture of warmth
  • I'm hungry, let's eat
  • All of the above
  • None of the above
Who cares? (hint, IamsoIR does)
Please abide by Forum Rules.

All of the above.
How does the rattle actually make that sound?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back