Rationing begins.

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Great news for progressives!

"Sixteen states have set a limit on the number of prescription drugs they will cover for Medicaid patients, according to Kaiser Health News.
Seven of those states, according to Kaiser Health News, have enacted or tightened those limits in just the last two years."

I told you I've been watching the quality and quantity of care provided for Medicare and welfare medical clients rapidly go south since it was obvious that Obamacare was going to go through.

Rationing Begins: States Limiting Drug Prescriptions for Medicaid Patients | CNSNews.com

It's going to get much, much worse. Our quality of care is going to go downhill so quickly it will make your head spin, and mortality rate of babies, women, the elderly and disabled...those are going to skyrocket.

To the tune of "if you can't contribute to society, you should kill yourself!" and "If your child faces a lifetime of misery, kill it!" and "We have no room for elderly and disabled resource drains!"

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The state isn't going to dictate your treatment, that's just silly!

"
In Alabama, Medicaid patients are now limited to one brand-name drug, and HIV and psychiatric drugs are excluded.
Illinois has limited Medicaid patients to just four prescription drugs as a cost-cutting move, and patients who need more than four must get permission from the state."

With any kind of luck at all, in November obamacare will just be a bad dream.

Progressives don't give a shit. This is what they want anyway. A way to deny treatment to people they see as a drain on resources. Bottom line.

Q: What could be bigger, more remote and less concerned with individuals than an insurance company?
A: The federal government.

Progressives don't give a shit. This is what they want anyway. A way to deny treatment to people they see as a drain on resources. Bottom line.

You knew that from the argument that its cheaper to kill a baby than pay for its birth.

Sixteen states impose a monthly limit on the number of drugs Medicaid recipients can receive, and seven states have either enacted such caps or tightened them in the past two years, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. (Kaiser Health News is a program of the foundation.)
well states are not new to this. many private hospitals and clinics have stoppped prescribing narcotics for pain. I had to go out of the VA system for spinal surgery on my neck. After the operation i was given a mild pain killer that was non narcotic, Somethinh like a tylanol 4 for neck surgery. i had my own scripts but the hospital would not give me my methadone. So I refused all medication and insisted on leaving ASAP.

I'm trying to figure out what point you're attempting to make.

I told you I've been watching the quality and quantity of care provided for Medicare and welfare medical clients rapidly go south since it was obvious that Obamacare was going to go through.

Quick lesson: Medicare is a federal health insurance program, primarily for the elderly, administered by the federal government. Medicaid is a joint federal-state program primarily for the poor and disabled administered by the states; as such, it's effectively 51 separate programs, although they operate under certain federal baseline rules. Medicare's benefits don't ebb and flow with the whims of state leadership. Medicaid's benefits, on the other hand, can.

Prescription drugs are an optional benefit state Medicaid programs can choose to cover or not cover--that vaunted state flexibility we all want. If you're in one of those 16 states and don't like the way your state is operating its prescription drug benefit, take it up with them. Or move to another state. Medicaid isn't some new fangled invention, states have been operating these programs for 40-odd years.

If you want to really see them unravel, try block granting their funds and removing all preconditions for the federal component of their funding.

Forum List

Back