Ratings crisis: CNN suffers viewership collapse of nearly 30%

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Ratings Crisis: CNN Suffers Viewership Collapse of Nearly 30 Percent

With week two of May 2018 now in the books, we find that CNN’s ratings have collapsed even more than last week, close to -30 percent in total viewers and an astonishing -35 percent in demo viewers.

OMG I love it CNN is going under freaking amazing, the bad news some other bs news network will pick up their lies and carry on. Washington post is already on the same path lying.

CNN made a business decision to play to an audience. It turns out that audience isn't as large as they predicted.

With week two of May 2018 now in the books, we find that CNN’s ratings have collapsed even more than last week, close to -30 percent in total viewers and an astonishing -35 percent in demo viewers.

OMG I love it CNN is going under freaking amazing, the bad news some other bs news network will pick up their lies and carry on. Washington post is already on the same path lying.

LOL! Breitbart. Waste of time and brain power.

Of course what is ignored is that CNN is not doing well ratings wise. Now why is that?

The other so-called news networks are doing better. Is it the talent? I doubt it. Is Rachel Maddow that much better than whomever CNN has? No. Is Sean Hannity that much more talented than the CNN anchor? No. MSNBC and FOX are entertaining to their constituency. Its not news, it's a different product. It is re-packaged, slanted stories cut to fit the narrow viewpoints of their audience. CNN deals in news. The other two are little more than late night TV comics who sit behind a desk and perpetrate their nonsense.

CNN actually isn't playing the game. It could be very easy to do it; just put up every cartoonish story that MSNBC does and tease stories going into commercials like FOX does.

The ratings really should tell you guys this but for some reason, deductive reasoning isn't your strong suit.

CNN deals in news? You call a panel of 8 Trump haters each getting their 3 minute slot to spew their venom dealing in news? It has digressed from news to comedy to tragedy.

Bloomberg has a business channel that operates as an informercial for their $25K/yr terminals and they point out that they have better coverage than anyone but national propaganda tools like RT and the BBC. The only problem is that their staff is rather small compared to what was normal for name papers in the early 60s. Ad and other revenues increasingly suck. Reuters with its $10K terminal is in trouble. The FAANG stocks are sucking up all of the ad revenue in sight.

I find it ironic in a way.

CNN was built, largely, by following conservative stories.

The fall of the Berlin wall.
The Tianenmen Square protest and slaughter.
The destruction of the Soviet Union.
The 1991 Gulf War.

Then CNN moved from being a news company, to be a commentary company.

In 1997, CNN infamously proclaimed that Apple Computer was going to fold.
Today in Apple history: CNN predicts doom for Apple | Cult of Mac

Then you saw then defend Bill Clinton to the death, and attack everyone else as being partisan (endless irony).

They slowly weed out all the conservatives on the network, until then end up at a town hall debate where a kid accuses a Senator of being a school shooter, and no one at the network even raises a question.

A network built on conservative stories and journalist standards, now destroyed by left-wing ideology and partisanship.

By the way, I also like how it's all these same people who were defending Bill Clinton because his sex life is none of our business, are being torn apart by the MeToo movement.

LOL! Breitbart. Waste of time and brain power.

They are just like you haven't you noticed, oh wait you can't rejects haven't got an IQ past 20, just hight enough to function.

Of course what is ignored is that CNN is not doing well ratings wise. Now why is that?

The other so-called news networks are doing better. Is it the talent? I doubt it. Is Rachel Maddow that much better than whomever CNN has? No. Is Sean Hannity that much more talented than the CNN anchor? No. MSNBC and FOX are entertaining to their constituency. Its not news, it's a different product. It is re-packaged, slanted stories cut to fit the narrow viewpoints of their audience. CNN deals in news. The other two are little more than late night TV comics who sit behind a desk and perpetrate their nonsense.

CNN actually isn't playing the game. It could be very easy to do it; just put up every cartoonish story that MSNBC does and tease stories going into commercials like FOX does.

The ratings really should tell you guys this but for some reason, deductive reasoning isn't your strong suit.

^^^ Typical CNN viewer.

The same 30% are like you, members of the far right who reject our democratic heritage and seek an authoritarian government which rejects equal rights and equal opportunities as a threat and a danger.

Napoleon the Pig 'said' it best: All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
Orwell, Animal Farm.

The same 30% are like you, members of the far right who reject our democratic heritage and seek an authoritarian government which rejects equal rights and equal opportunities as a threat and a danger.

Napoleon the Pig 'said' it best: All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
Orwell, Animal Farm.

The far right represents 30% of CNN's viewership? Ease up on the meth dude.

^^^ Typical CNN viewer.

I realize it will make no difference but I seldom watch CNN; if there is a breaking story, I usually get on Twitter for the tweets from the outlets I follow.

The post above just pointed out how easy FOX and MSNBC have it. TV runs on ratings. You make the decision to give the viewers what they want and boom…ratings. In Entertainment it’s easy; that is why you only see people who look like models with exciting lives on TV. In news, the content is what it it. To get ratings, FOX and MSNBC add spin and pick their content.
CNN doesn’t do that; as much as people would have you believe they do. If they did, otherwise, their ratings would be higher.

Forum List

Back