Rather than take tax loopholes from the wealthy or corporations...

LOL you really think the American people are not paying attention don't you. Got new's for you this maladministration has dug its grave. In normal course of events the population doesn't pay attention to the election process until the very last minute this time however the electorate is fully awake and they are not happy with what they are seeing.

Gosh.

What are we talking about here..majorities or minorities of people?

Let's clear that up first.

Because the Majority of the American people aren't with the Tea Party or Conservatism in general. We have a very skewed way of conducting elections in this country where people living in the middle of it..in welfare states..have more say then bigger states that contribute more to the federal government.

If you were just dealing with "numbers" of people..the government would be very very different.

Laughable how you evade the point....doesn't matter those lowly folks in middle America are the ones that decide the elections not the "big city" liberal who hasn't a clue.

LOL you really think the American people are not paying attention don't you. Got new's for you this maladministration has dug its grave. In normal course of events the population doesn't pay attention to the election process until the very last minute this time however the electorate is fully awake and they are not happy with what they are seeing.

Gosh.

What are we talking about here..majorities or minorities of people?

Let's clear that up first.

Because the Majority of the American people aren't with the Tea Party or Conservatism in general. We have a very skewed way of conducting elections in this country where people living in the middle of it..in welfare states..have more say then bigger states that contribute more to the federal government.

If you were just dealing with "numbers" of people..the government would be very very different.

Laughable how you evade the point....doesn't matter those lowly folks in middle America are the ones that decide the elections not the "big city" liberal who hasn't a clue.

Evade what point?

My point is the majority of Americans..which you seem to dismiss..don't agree with Conservatism or the Tea Party.

That's a MAJORITY of Americans. As in American individuals.

I don't know why the MINORITY of Americans have more say in the direction of this country then the MAJORITY do. But that seems to be the way it is.

The combined vote of Republican leaders totals 19 times. I should have been more clear.

My bad.

That link is fucking lame. What ever happened to cutting out the vitrole?

Hold the increase "hostage"? gimme a break. That right there means the rest of the shit they spewed is partisan hack blather that proved to any one willing to filter through it, that the dems have no plan to make any actual concessions.

same ol' same ol'

Evul reps wanna kill granny and kids while we stand on the sidelines doing nothing.

I asked a question.

Was the Debt Ceiling raised under Obama yet?

Twice. In 2009 and 2010

The one in 2010 set the ceiling at $14.3 trillion [we are at $14.4 now :eusa_shhh:]

That link is fucking lame. What ever happened to cutting out the vitrole?

Hold the increase "hostage"? gimme a break. That right there means the rest of the shit they spewed is partisan hack blather that proved to any one willing to filter through it, that the dems have no plan to make any actual concessions.

same ol' same ol'

Evul reps wanna kill granny and kids while we stand on the sidelines doing nothing.

I asked a question.

Twice. In 2009 and 2010

The one in 2010 set the ceiling at $14.3 trillion [we are at $14.4 now :eusa_shhh:]

Thanks.

One of those times..had a provision to re-impose paygo...what happened to that?

In fact..what happened to paygo after Clinton?

It always seems, like clockwork..deficits seem to matter under Democratic Presidents and not under Republican Presidents...well at least in my lifetime..with one exception, George HW Bush.

Reagan's Presidential campaign brayed on and on about Carter 'deficits' then once in power, they exploded.

That didn't get addressed until George HW Bush, who's campaign warned that Dukasis was a tax and spender. Mr. Bush promised no new taxes..but when faced with the reality, had to raise them.

Then Deficits came up again with Clinton..who, with bi-partisan support, enacted paygo. I actually give the Republicans some credit for this..it was a very smart thing to do.

Then under Bush II..no more paygo..wonder why? Oh yeah..the tax cuts would have never happened.

So President Obama tries to get it back in..and surprise surprise..Republicans want no part of it.

Why is that?

I asked a question.

Twice. In 2009 and 2010

Thanks.

One of those times..had a provision to re-impose paygo...what happened to that?

In fact..what happened to paygo after Clinton?

It always seems, like clockwork..deficits seem to matter under Democratic Presidents and not under Republican Presidents...well at least in my lifetime..with one exception, George HW Bush.

Reagan's Presidential campaign brayed on and on about Carter 'deficits' then once in power, they exploded.

That didn't get addressed until George HW Bush, who's campaign warned that Dukasis was a tax and spender. Mr. Bush promised no new taxes..but when faced with the reality, had to raise them.

Then Deficits came up again with Clinton..who, with bi-partisan support, enacted paygo. I actually give the Republicans some credit for this..it was a very smart thing to do.

Then under Bush II..no more paygo..wonder why? Oh yeah..the tax cuts would have never happened.

So President Obama tries to get it back in..and surprise surprise..Republicans want no part of it.

Why is that?

You left this part out:
That's what Democrats also promised in 2006, with Nancy Pelosi vowing that "the first thing" House Democrats would do if they took Congress was reimpose paygo rules that "Republicans had let lapse." By 2008, Speaker Pelosi had let those rules lapse no fewer than 12 times, to make way for $400 billion in deficit spending. Mr. Obama repeated the paygo pledge during his 2008 campaign, and instead we have witnessed the greatest peacetime spending binge in U.S. history. As a share of GDP, spending will hit an astonishing 28.5% in fiscal 2009, with the deficit hitting 13% and projected to stay at 4% to 5% for years to come.

And this part:
The President also revived the myth that paygo was somehow responsible for eliminating budget deficits during the Clinton years. In fact, that brief era of balanced budgets was due to: mid-decade spending reductions by a GOP Congress elected on a balanced-budget pledge; an excessive cut in defense spending to 3% from 5% of GDP across the decade; and an unsustainable revenue boom due to the dot-com bubble. But harking back to the 1990s lets Mr. Obama avoid having to defend his own spending record.
The 'Paygo' Coverup - WSJ.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back