Rate Israel's response to Hezbollah

What do you think of Israel's response to Hezbollah?

• Total voters
jillian said:
No. She's not a good example of a true anti-zionist, Dillo. She's a terrorist-loving jerk.

Someone can be opposed to zionism but not wish people dead, I would think.

She doesn't think Israel should exist--how can you get any more anti-zionist than that? She may have additional "qualities" such as anti-semitism and a sociopathic personality disoder but that's another story.

KatarinaZ said:
What exactly is Israel retaliating for? Because one or two of their soldiers were taken? This happens on the West Bank and in other territories on a regular basis. Israel is merely using the opportunity to punish Lebanon for its implied support of Hizbollah. Which is hardly the case. Lebanon has little military power and virtually no influence. Hizbollah goes where it wants and does what it wants.
As Mr. OCA so brilliantly stated, the people of Lebanon have not attacked Israel. A terrorist group has attacked Israel. This is merely Israel's normal manner of doing things. These actions only antagonize matters and give more credence to the theory of the bombers. Which another good point brought up by Mr. OCA.
I would think that a country with the intelligence of Israel would be able to pinpoint where the missiles are coming from. Instead, they choose to attack and bomb indiscriminately. Israel deserves as much punishment as the terrorist groups do.

I could say I wonder where you get your "facts," but then, you already told us last night. YOU are EVERYTHING wrong in the Middle East. You excuse terrorist behavior, and equate a Nation's battle against those that would exterminate it with terrorism.

I thought you came in here on a whirlwind claiming you wanted intelligent debate. I believe you also at one point claimed that we should try and understand "the other side."

Where is YOUR understanding? Or is that just a word you attempt to use for effect but don't understand the meaning?

I woudl also ask where is YOUR intelligence, since your version of events doesn't seem to jive with the facts. You launch a missile into MY yard, and I'll blow up your house in response. Simple as THAT.

If your poor, helpless country allows a terrorist organization to run amock and do as it pleases within its borders, then too bad when Israel comes into that country after them. Police your own and no one else will have to.

GunnyL said:
I could say I wonder where you get your "facts," but then, you already told us last night. YOU are EVERYTHING wrong in the Middle East. You excuse terrorist behavior, and equate a Nation's battle against those that would exterminate it with terrorism.

I thought you came in here on a whirlwind claiming you wanted intelligent debate. I believe you also at one point claimed that we should try and understand "the other side."

Where is YOUR understanding? Or is that just a word you attempt to use for effect but don't understand the meaning?

I woudl also ask where is YOUR intelligence, since your version of events doesn't seem to jive with the facts. You launch a missile into MY yard, and I'll blow up your ho0use in response. Simple as THAT.

If your poor, helpless country allows a terrorist organization to run amock and do as it pleases within its borders, then too bad when Israel comes into that country after them. Police your own and no one else will have to.

Can I get an Amen?! :clap:

jillian said:
Lebanon has allowed Hezbollah free reign and allowed them to fire missiles into Israel.

Are you forgetting that's what Israel is responding to?

What would you want to see the U.S. do if Mexico allowed a terrorist group to fire missiles into this country?

Allowed? Give them a break. It wasn't that long ago that Lebanon was engulfed in a horrible civil war that dragged on for 15 years and even after that was over they had to put up with shit from Israel and Syria for another 10-15 years.

I'll echo the "read a history book" comment.

Redhots said:
Allowed? Give them a break. It wasn't that long ago that Lebanon was engulfed in a horrible civil war that dragged on for 15 years and even after that was over they had to put up with shit from Israel and Syria for another 10-15 years.

I'll echo the "read a history book" comment.

What's your point? "Allowed" or not, the fact is, first the PLO and now Hezbollah have used Lebanon as a base of operations. If the Lebanese can't do anything about them, then they don't have a right to bitch when somebody else does.

Gee Gunny I had no idea you studied at the Ward Churchill school of culpability...

But in the end they're still to blame. Right?

Israels actions and the Lebanese deaths that followed, that continue to follow, are all justified. Right?

Redhots said:
But in the end they're still to blame. Right?

Israels actions and the Lebanese deaths that followed, that continue to follow, are all justified. Right?

Typical sideways liberal argument. Deflect from terrorist deaths to Lebanese deaths. Collateral damage is accepted as part of war. Only you lefties seem to think You can have one without the other.

All you have to do is figure out how to get those terrorist to get their pussy asses out on a battlefield and fight like men and there won't be any collateral damage.

The lebanese people are to blame for not having control of their own Nation. If not their fault, then whose?

GunnyL said:
Typical sideways liberal argument. Deflect from terrorist deaths to Lebanese deaths. Collateral damage is accepted as part of war. Only you lefties seem to think You can have one without the other.

Typical combination of preconceived notions, pigeon holing, false dilemma, etc.

All you have to do is figure out how to get those terrorist to get their pussy asses out on a battlefield and fight like men and there won't be any collateral damage.

But that'll never happen.

So now its up to you to figure out another response to terrorist attacks and kidnappings other than invading an entire country and we'll see less collateral damage.

The lebanese people are to blame for not having control of their own Nation. If not their fault, then whose?

Hezbollah? But then that would make too much sense.

So I don't know, maybe you could go back to the 70's and look at all the nations that played a role in their civil war and all the crap that followed it?

Redhots said:
Typical combination of preconceived notions, pigeon holing, false dilemma, etc.

Whatever, dude.

But that'll never happen.

So now its up to you to figure out another response to terrorist attacks and kidnappings other than invading an entire country and we'll see less collateral damage.

Wrong. I accept collateral damage as a price of war.

Hezbollah? But then that would make too much sense.

And WHO exactly are the Israelis attacking? Hezbollah. You're right ... it makes perfect sense. You just don't get it

So I don't know, maybe you could go back to the 70's and look at all the nations that played a role in their civil war and all the crap that followed it?

So you want to blame the PLO and Syrai as well? Fine with me.

Executive Officer, hand me the box!

Aye Sir.....

Xo, remove the code!

Aye Sir.....

Match the code!

Aye Sir, it is affirmed!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back