Rate Israel's response to Hezbollah

What do you think of Israel's response to Hezbollah?

• Total voters
Ill go further and say they (Israel) should do whatever it takes to defend themselves against terrorists. Just as we should here in the US...

No, Israel's response is a bit over the top. Punishing a whole country the size of Lebanon because they can't stop Hezbollah on the southern border, Hezbollah who has the backing of Iran, Syria and at one time the Soviets is ridiculous.

What two soldiers were kidnapped? I guess Israel doesn't have any special op teams so they just level the infrastructure lol.

Almost gives credence to the suicide bombers.........almost.

OCA said:
No, Israel's response is a bit over the top. Punishing a whole country the size of Lebanon because they can't stop Hezbollah on the southern border, Hezbollah who has the backing of Iran, Syria and at one time the Soviets is ridiculous.

What two soldiers were kidnapped? I guess Israel doesn't have any special op teams so they just level the infrastructure lol.

Almost gives credence to the suicide bombers.........almost.

Lebanon has allowed Hezbollah free reign and allowed them to fire missiles into Israel.

Are you forgetting that's what Israel is responding to?

What would you want to see the U.S. do if Mexico allowed a terrorist group to fire missiles into this country?

jillian said:
Lebanon has allowed Hezbollah free reign and allowed them to fire missiles into Israel.

What would you want to see the U.S. do if Mexico allowed a terrorist group to fire missiles into this country?

Not see the infrastructure completely destroyed. Guess who is going to clean this mess up? Guess who is going to pay for it? Thats right, you and I after the congress gives Israel another big fat loan to help rebuild Lebanon. Tired of wiping Israel's ass.

Lebanon has no military to speak of and had no choice with Hezbollah, do a little reading of history.

jillian said:

Lebanon didn't "allow" this. Hezbollah FORCED it on them with the aid of Syria and Iran. It's tough shit for the Lebonese until another force can come in and kick Hezbollahs' ass out of the entire country. The UN thought the had done this with it's silly resolutions. The UN believes that if something is on a piece of paper it is real.

OCA said:
Not see the infrastructure completely destroyed. Guess who is going to clean this mess up? Guess who is going to pay for it? Thats right, you and I after the congress gives Israel another big fat loan to help rebuild Lebanon. Tired of wiping Israel's ass.

Lebanon has no military to speak of and had no choice with Hezbollah, do a little reading of history.

So, because Mexico has no military to speak of, a Mexican terrorist group firing missiles into the U.S. would be ok with you.

Interesting...sort of.

I imagine living in Israel woud be akin to this: I'm living in California, and every state in the USA, plus Canada and Mexico, openly claim to want my state and everyone in it destroyed. To cease to exist.

Conversely, I have never heard of Israel making such aggressive statements about their neighbors, so I fail to see a moral equivalency here. Under the circumstances, I believe their actions are understandable.

dilloduck said:
Lebanon didn't "allow" this. Hezbollah FORCED it on them with the aid of Syria and Iran. It's tough shit for the Lebonese until another force can come in and kick Hezbollahs' ass out of the entire country. The UN thought the had done this with it's silly resolutions. The UN believes that if something is on a piece of paper it is real.

And Israel isn't targeting civilians or the Lebanese government. It can't control the fact that terrorists are cowards who like insinuating themselves among the population.

I think allowing Israel to do what it needs to for a few days is just fine.

That said, I think it sucks when any civilians die at the hands of terrorists and the Lebanese people I've met are pretty cool.

jillian said:
And Israel isn't targeting civilians or the Lebanese government. It can't control the fact that terrorists are cowards who like insinuating themselves among the population.

I think allowing Israel to do what it needs to for a few days is just fine.

That said, I think it sucks when any civilians die at the hands of terrorists and the Lebanese people I've met are pretty cool.

No one on this board has ever stated that the killing of any civilians was a good thing but I'm glad you seeing reality from a perspective that you can relate to and defend. Because it's Israel all of the sudden you're accepting that civilians will die because the enemy is hiding amongst them. Interesting double standard.

dilloduck said:
No one on this board has ever stated that the killing of any civilians was a good thing but I'm glad you seeing reality from a perspective that you can relate to and defend. Because it's Israel all of the sudden you're accepting that civilians will die because the enemy is hiding amongst them. Interesting double standard.

Are we bombing our own cities to root out the terrorists that live here?

Interesting double standard *you* have, methinks.

Abbey Normal said:
I imagine living in Israel woud be akin to this: I'm living in California, and every state in the USA, plus Canada and Mexico, openly claim to want my state and everyone in it destroyed. To cease to exist.

Conversely, I have never heard of Israel making such aggressive statements about their neighbors, so I fail to see a moral equivalency here. Under the circumstances, I believe their actions are understandable.

Israel occupies land that does not belong to them, land taken from war, it is akin to us occupying Germany and moving tons of people from the states there up to now from 1945. In 1947 there were about 10 Jews living in Palestine, inn a nutshell the U.N. uprooted the Palestinians from their homeland and gave it to Israel because of the Holocaust. Now what the Jews suffered in WWII is the greatest tragedy in world history but don't tell me the Palestinians don't have a major beef.

OCA said:
Israel occupies land that does not belong to them, land taken from war, it is akin to us occupying Germany and moving tons of people from the states there up to now from 1945. In 1947 there were about 10 Jews living in Palestine, inn a nutshell the U.N. uprooted the Palestinians from their homeland and gave it to Israel because of the Holocaust. Now what the Jews suffered in WWII is the greatest tragedy in world history but don't tell me the Palestinians don't have a major beef.

As opposed to California? Texas?

I think it's you who needs the history lesson. Israel always agreed to a two-state solution and defended itself against attacks by ALL of its surrounding neighbors, winning land in the process.

Again, what if Mexican terrorists were firing missiles into Texas?

jillian said:
Are we bombing our own cities to root out the terrorists that live here?

Interesting double standard *you* have, methinks.

neither is Israel--wtf are you talking about?

dilloduck said:
neither is Israel--wtf are you talking about?

OK. Let me rephrase, since I, apparently didn't make myself clear.

I know what you're getting at and Iraq wasn't a terrorist stronghold under Saddam. That only occurred after we destabilized the country.

Afghanistan on the other hand......

Forum List

Back