Rasmussen's Bias Proven...

Pointless people with pointless opinions would skew the outcome of what? A poll made pointless by their inclusion in it? Who cares about a pointless poll?

Nobody cares what non-voters think. They are not members in the U.S. political realm to include them in political polls is really idiotic.

Pointless people with pointless opinions would skew the outcome of what? A poll made pointless by their inclusion in it? Who cares about a pointless poll?

Nobody cares what non-voters think. They are not members in the U.S. political realm to include them in political polls is really idiotic.

Couldn't agree with you more. But, most pollsters are using them, and that is what skews the poll, itself. Rasmussen uses likely voters for his polls, and he seems to be honing the poll for the better each year.

Couldn't agree with you more. But, most pollsters are using them, and that is what skews the poll, itself. Rasmussen uses likely voters for his polls, and he seems to be honing the poll for the better each year.

Give it up Meister. Rasmussen is a wingnut's choice in the polling world, FOX isn't any better lately. The most likely voter thing is plain stupid. It's the way they word the questions and nothing else.

Give it up Meister. Rasmussen is a wingnut's choice in the polling world, FOX isn't any better lately. The most likely voter thing is plain stupid. It's the way they word the questions and nothing else.

Give it up??? Oh brother, coming from a Kool-Aid drinker.
Sorry sweet cheeks...you would be the last person I would take advice from.

We already saw the wording of the questions. Nothing to see there, move along.

The real point is that the use of "adults" instead of "likely voters" is a biased action intended to game the numbers.

actually there are a lot of problems: How you determine who is a likely voter, how you weight your demographics to get a representative sample, the lack of a neutral or no opinion option, the wording of the questions....

Lot of ways to create the bias they've been reflecting .....
It's kinda sad. Rassmussen used to be a reputable and respected polling organization. Hate to see them piss that away chasing the right wing contracts but I guess it was just a business decision. They must pay better.

Getting respondents to give an answer other than "don't know" is proof of bias?

I hope you didn't spend a lot of time trying to dig that up.

He probably picked up the piece over at HuffPo or DailyKos, no effort required...

Since I linked to where I actually found it, and since the data is from RASMUSSEN himself,

what particular sort of nitwit does that make you, in general category of nitwit?

I've run a couple surveys and have found that the hot or cold response is too limiting. The 5 hole choice allowing one in the middle allows many to gravitate there.

Very good, good, average, bad and very bad gives people an out with the average choice. Making people come down on one side or the other makes them consider the response more.

Giving 4 choices is the one that moves people into one category or the other. The "strongly" or "very" categories indicate fore thought and passion. In a political poll, these people would be more likely to vote.

actually there are a lot of problems: How you determine who is a likely voter, how you weight your demographics to get a representative sample, the lack of a neutral or no opinion option, the wording of the questions....

Lot of ways to create the bias they've been reflecting .....
It's kinda sad. Rassmussen used to be a reputable and respected polling organization. Hate to see them piss that away chasing the right wing contracts but I guess it was just a business decision. They must pay better.

Please recall that Rasmussen polling showed that the Big 0 was more popular than did the other polls at the time when he took office.

Forum List

Back