Rasmussen: The President Gets a Post Convention Bounce

Romney might have a post convention lag of four points, with even that within the margin of error. Having been polled in the past, I know that much depends on the questions asked and the way they are asked, to guide the individual to the expected answer. I answered yes to all the questions because that was the way the questions were asked and still voted against the very guy my polled answers suggested that I supported.
People also dont want to be perceived as racist and will say Obama and then vote for Romney.

yep, the Democrats could be in for one hell of a shock in November.

lets let him go folks..:eusa_clap:

I don't think so. If you see the polls of the last week of the 2008 election, the average was within 1% of the final vote tally.

People also dont want to be perceived as racist and will say Obama and then vote for Romney.

I don't think so. If you see the polls of the last week of the 2008 election, the average was within 1% of the final vote tally.

Possibly, but the economy is starting to slip again, and unemployment is still a key issue.

1260993809_bouncing_jello.gif
Anybody want to hazzard a guess as to why it's called a "BOUNCE" and not a "LIFT"? :eusa_whistle:

Possibly, but the economy is starting to slip again, and unemployment is still a key issue.

I'm not saying the polls can't turn around. I'm saying that people generally aren't saying they're voting for Obama and then voting for Romney. That didn't happen in 08, outside of a few places.

What I find amusing is that both Trajan and myself have pointed out that Rasmussen is Poll the left always trashes as being biased and inaccurate when there numbers favor Republicans but now when they favor the Democrat there trumpeting them and not one Democrat has responded to that.

Rasmussen leans toward the GOP. That means they amplify (and sometimes create) movement toward the GOP and blunt movement toward the Dems.

So when Ras shows a 7-point swing toward Obama in the course of a week (with Obama just shy of the magic 50%), there's all the more reason to be pleased because the actual effect is probably larger.

:lol:more hackage; what happens when gallup has obama down and ras has him higher? is gallup pencil whipping results too?

When rasmussen has a poll favorable to a dem you know the repubs are in serious trouble. :lol:

and when the left holds one up, they are trumpeting information form a source they excoriate as inaccurate.......

A liberal posting a Rasmussen poll that is good news for Democrats forces the Rasmussen fans to respond to it without being able to use their usual stock dismissal of other polls on the grounds their biased to the left.

The left doesn't generally criticize Rasmussen for being 'inaccurate' in a random sense; they criticize Rasmussen for being very consistently to the right.

I'm not saying the polls can't turn around. I'm saying that people generally aren't saying they're voting for Obama and then voting for Romney. That didn't happen in 08, outside of a few places.

There was no reason to. Obama was the fresh face with the new ideas.
Today he's the has-been with no ideas.

The president is enjoying a convention bounce that has been evident in the last two nights of tracking data. He led by two just before the Republican convention, so he has already erased the modest bounce Romney received from his party’s celebration in Tampa. Perhaps more significantly, Democratic interest in the campaign has soared. For the first time, those in the president’s party are following the campaign as closely as GOP voters. Interest in a campaign is typically considered a good indicator of turnout. Platinum Members can monitor enthusiasm, demographic breakdowns and additional information from the tracking poll on a daily basis.

The president’s bounce began the night after Bill Clinton spoke to the convention and received rave reviews. Sixty-six percent (66%) of voters nationwide have a favorable opinion of the former president. Democrats overwhelmingly believe Clinton and Obama have similar views on how to fix the economy, but few Republicans and unaffiliated voters share that assessment. Among all voters, 59% see Clinton as a better president, while 19% prefer Obama. Democrats are evenly divided.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

So the kneepads got fired up..

Take my liberty, keep killing americans ,sell those drugs..

We love you barrack.....

Well I was off having tingles up my leg...

and how nice to be called rightwing nuts by a mod..no wonder this board has went to hell

The mod is being kind to you. I would suggest that your terminal stupidity still doesn't get why Obama is still ahead. He'd be much further ahead if it weren't for the scumbags who still hate his melanin content.

There was no reason to. Obama was the fresh face with the new ideas.
Today he's the has-been with no ideas.

And he looks really cool in sunglasses

When rasmussen has a poll favorable to a dem you know the repubs are in serious trouble. :lol:

and when the left holds one up, they are trumpeting information form a source they excoriate as inaccurate.......

A liberal posting a Rasmussen poll that is good news for Democrats forces the Rasmussen fans to respond to it without being able to use their usual stock dismissal of other polls on the grounds their biased to the left.

no, it actually makes trolls like the op and you, look foolish. I have been round on on this with you and Jillian, I don't put my eggs in one basket, a lot of folks don't, I just don;t look at media polls, I am more than willing to put the gallup ras avarge otghter as the final arbiter.

it not that, she posted it, but that it was meant as a troll, so, its wide open, 17 minutes was apparently to much to wait for any commentary before the usual 'rightwingnut' vomitus.....you get what you pay for.

The left doesn't generally criticize Rasmussen for being 'inaccurate' in a random sense; they criticize Rasmussen for being very consistently to the right.

:lol:thats like you voted for it before you didn't...classic!!!:

"I am not saying they're not inaccurate they just slant it"....:lol:

and how nice to be called rightwing nuts by a mod..no wonder this board has went to hell

The mod is being kind to you. I would suggest that your terminal stupidity still doesn't get why Obama is still ahead. He'd be much further ahead if it weren't for the scumbags who still hate his melanin content.

ah yes, they are all racists, was wondering when that would show up....

The race card and when that doesn't work they use the gender card

The race card and when that doesn't work they use the gender card

And then the Homo card as he's the first gay president.

no, it actually makes trolls like the op and you, look foolish. I have been round on on this with you and Jillian, I don't put my eggs in one basket, a lot of folks don't, I just don;t look at media polls, I am more than willing to put the gallup ras avarge otghter as the final arbiter.

it not that, she posted it, but that it was meant as a troll, so, its wide open, 17 minutes was apparently to much to wait for any commentary before the usual 'rightwingnut' vomitus.....you get what you pay for.

:lol:thats like you voted for it before you didn't...classic!!!:

"I am not saying they're not inaccurate they just slant it"....:lol:

They forgot to tell us the latest polls were taken in Boston. .
That bounce is Bull.. a lead weight on Tuesday Nov 6th.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back