Rasmussen: The Honorable Ron Paul Polls Even With Obama for 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Contumacious, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
  2. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    Haha, I remember my roomate was telling me about this a couple of days ago and he was very excited. I personally like Ron Paul, I feel like at least he's honest (his views are actually coherent with one another). I always remember one of the republican debates when he was correctly saying that it was the US's historical imperialist policy in the middle east which was causing most of the problems there, and all the other candidates' jaws just DROPPED. "Oh my God! Dr. Paul! How dare you?!" It was very funny. Anyway, I like a lot of the stuff he says, like these:

Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then while I disagree with almost all his social and economic positions, I guess he does have the whole states' rights thing so that each state can pick one or the other (that's a kinda cool thing, that he has disagreeable convictions but that he wouldn't use the federal government to shove those positions down everyone's throats, though it could still have bad effects). The one thing that is truly alarming (though obviously not surprising) is the whole withdrawal from the UN bit, but hey you can't have it all. I still very much doubt that he'll ever get either the nomination or even less the presidency. Besides, what's he gonna be in 2012? 80? I don't see it happening, no matter what the poll numbers are, the establishment would never back him.

3. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I saw the title and thought oh damn, here comes another one of those crazy internet polls off somebody's website.

I completely ignored the Rasmussen at the beginning (guess I read it to fast).

Wow! That is really good news to hear. Maybe there's hope for this country after all. My big concern for Paul is that he's getting up there in age. Which is why I thought maybe Gary Johnson was a better GOP "Ron Paul-like" candidate to run, plus he's the former governor of Arizona which is a pretty nice thing to have on your resume.

But no, I really like this, this is actually pretty good. I'm excited and I know the establishment of both parties have got to be ready to jump off the nearest bridge to them right now.

Thanks for the post! It's about time I have something regarding world events to smile at.

4. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I like what Ron has to say on the war, and military.
    After that, I don't agree with too much of what he has to say.

5. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,258
    w0w...........I think back to just 15 short months ago. The k00ks were on top of the world and 100% certain that the country had moved permanently to the far left. Even I have to admit.........things looked rather bleak!!

Who the hell could have possibly guessed that the entire country would do a 180 in just a years time??? Who kneeeeeeeeeeeeew???!!!!!!!!

Well actually, this guy predicted it in February of 2009. Even I thought it was a bit of a stretch. Somebody asked Limbaugh the other day if he was suprised how far Obama had fallen in the polls...............

[​IMG]

6. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,258
    [​IMG]

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    don't be too hard on yourself. 1) there are already multiple threads on this. 2) on the same day, rasmussen also had obama at 50% approval rating.

these people were saying ron paul would win the repub nomination, too.

thankfully, he got what? 2% 6%

:lol:

8. Contumacious

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I will.

I would like my children to live in a Free Constitutional Republic.

9. Contumacious

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851

Gary E. Johnson in 2012?

We shall see.

10. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    This is great news but i wish they wouldn't use the term 'Maverick.' That handle already belongs to that Neocon guy. Dr. Paul has to be careful he doesn't allow himself to be used by the Liberal Press the way that other guy was. The CNN's,NBC's,and NY Times love to promote any Republican who criticizes their own party. Anytime the Liberal Press needed an interview with a Republican criticizing the Republicans,they would just give a call to their old "Maverick" buddy John McCain. They used & abused the poor guy. Where was the same Liberal Press when he needed them in the Presidential Election? He went from "Good ole Maverick" to "The Devil" in a flash with the same Liberal Press. They sure did turn on the poor guy huh? I'm a big Ron Paul fan but i don't want to see him get used the way McCain was. So lets steer clear of that 'Maverick' label. This is a fantastic & surprising poll result though. Rock On Dr. Paul!