RASMUSSEN POLL: Obama Approval At 45%, Falls Behind Romney, Paul...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -16 (see trends). That’s the president’s lowest rating in over a month.

Matchups between President Obama and GOP hopefuls shift along with the president’s Job Approval ratings. As a result, with the president’s overall approval ratings down six points since Valentine’s Day, the general election polling is looking weaker for the incumbent. It remains to be seen, of course, if this is merely statistical noise or a lasting change signaling that the president’s recent bounce in the polls has come to an end.

For the first time since late December 2011, Mitt Romney leads the president in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Romney earns 45% of the vote, while the president attracts support from 43%. Romney holds a nine-point advantage among unaffiliated voters.

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama. Ten percent (10%) would vote for some other option, a figure that includes 17% of Republicans.

Read More:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 2/8 - 2/25 -- 49.1 43.9 Obama +5.2
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 53 43 Obama +10
USA Today/Gallup 2/20 - 2/21 881 RV 47 47 Tie
Rasmussen Tracking 2/23 - 2/25 1500 LV 45 43 Obama +2
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 51 43 Obama +8
Quinnipiac 2/14 - 2/20 2605 RV 46 44 Obama +2
Democracy Corps (D) 2/11 - 2/14 1000 LV 49 45 Obama +4
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 51 46 Obama +5
CBS News/NY Times 2/8 - 2/13 1604 RV 48 42 Obama +6
PPP (D) 2/9 - 2/12 1200 RV 49 42 Obama +7
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 52 44 Obama +8

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Is the election more than two weeks away?

Hmm, appears to be, yes.

That means any poll by Rasmussen should be ignored. In late October he'll be in get-it-right mode and deserve our attention. Until then -- nothing to see here.

I'm expecting Obama's legacy to almost mirror Bush's in every way.

He'll win the re-election despite bad approval ratings and a bad economy, solely because he's the incumbent.

In the last 1-2 years of his presidency, even the hardcore card-carrying, talking-point parroting democrat will start to jump ship because the economy will still be floundering and our warmongering will still be going on. Most likely somewhere new also, maybe Iran, maybe Syria, after Libya who knows who our next victim will be.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -16 (see trends). That’s the president’s lowest rating in over a month.

Matchups between President Obama and GOP hopefuls shift along with the president’s Job Approval ratings. As a result, with the president’s overall approval ratings down six points since Valentine’s Day, the general election polling is looking weaker for the incumbent. It remains to be seen, of course, if this is merely statistical noise or a lasting change signaling that the president’s recent bounce in the polls has come to an end.

For the first time since late December 2011, Mitt Romney leads the president in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Romney earns 45% of the vote, while the president attracts support from 43%. Romney holds a nine-point advantage among unaffiliated voters.

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama. Ten percent (10%) would vote for some other option, a figure that includes 17% of Republicans.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Obama trailing in a RASMUSSEN poll? Say it ain't so....

After dufus..............

Oh, so his fetus hugging activities have been reported on say, the evening news?

Oh, I know, they were a featured story on FOX NEWS, right?

Dont know Its just weeks old here.

I said you should get out more.

In your case that would be removing your head from Obamas ass.

Oh, the STORY itself is YEARS old.
It just hasn't been told.

You know why Santorum lost his Senate seat by an 18 % margin a few years back?
The fetus story.

Don't worry, independent voters eat this sort of extreme stuff UP!
THEY LOVE IT!

Oh, so his fetus hugging activities have been reported on say, the evening news?

The fetus story.

THEY LOVE IT!

This post should end the thread.

If there's anyone who knows how the independent brain works, it's Decepticon.

The fetus story.

THEY LOVE IT!

Years old you say.

Damn your position went from bad to pathetic.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Weak Obama-Bot programming. Reboot.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Weak Obama-Bot programming. Reboot.

.....cries "Paulitician":eusa_whistle:

When Obummer is leading in the polls, the left sings Glory, Glory, Glory to the King. When the polls show him trailing, it's a bad poll and a long way to November. I love hypocrisy (BTW, this is how you really spell it) in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bam, really needs to be worried........he's lost his base, they see he's not capable of doing the job he insists is worse than he thought it was gonna be. Poor guy, he wasn't up for the task in 2008 and some want to see him be made a bigger fool for four more years. tsk, tsk. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Is this BEFORE or AFTER the media report on his dead-fetus hugging exploits?

After dufus..............

it could happen... :rofl:

s'okay though..;. the compulsive liar o/p only picked the one poll that he could even pretend doesn't have the president kicking GOP butt.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

Last edited:
I think these polls give a pretty good idea of what the average american thinks of BOTH parties.

I think these polls give a pretty good idea of what the average american thinks of BOTH parties.

and yet the president's approval ratings are much higher than the GOP congress. shouldn't that tell you something?
you STILL think the GOP controls congress? Last time I heard, there was a House and a Senate, and only 1 of those was a majority GOP. I guess I was misinformed.

Forum List

Back