RASMUSSEN POLL-64% of americans prefer LESS SERVICES and LOWER TAXES..

Unfortunately, neither the GOP or the DemocRats offer fewer services.

I would be willing to bet that by "less services" they mean services for other people, not ones that benefit themselves

Why not poll people on whether they would be willing to give up their own benefits for lower taxes?

I would be willing to bet that by "less services" they mean services for other people, not ones that benefit themselves

Why not poll people on whether they would be willing to give up their own benefits for lower taxes?

The next pothole their vehicle hits on a state or county road will have them on their cell phones yelling at a clerk in whichever government office they can locate.

Yeah, this is the one I'd like to see. Specifics on what people would be willing to cut. Their own Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security? What about the military? I don't know how this poll question was worded, but I'd guess people aren't so quick to cut when it's coming out of their own pocket.

Okay, just checked, here's how it was worded, not very specific:

Generally speaking, would you prefer a more active government with more services and higher taxes or a smaller government with fewer services and lower taxes?

Last edited:

Yeah, this is the one I'd like to see. Specifics on what people would be willing to cut. Their own Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security? What about the military? I don't know how this poll question was worded, but I'd guess people aren't so quick to cut when it's coming out of their own pocket.

Okay, just checked, here's how it was worded, not very specific:

Generally speaking, would you prefer a more active government with more services and higher taxes or a smaller government with fewer services and lower taxes?

"more services" could mean more fire department equipment or it could mean a county office that advises residents on installation of solar panels. A broad question.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Whattya know?
most,if not almost the super majority of americans polled dont like excess services and taxes.
liberal thinking in the toilet.
"flush".
if it matters,nebraska is romney 51%,39%obama.
WISCONSIN DEAD HEAT!!!
46% both...
there is hope and change yet...

The other way to view this poll is that 64% of the electorate leans conservative, and 25% lean liberal.

Consistent with earlier exit polls in which it was 40-20, conservative-liberal, and after the experience of the Obama failure it is now 64-25.

This is the real election poll....

64% of the people Rasmussen targets in their polls.....which is historically....Conservative people. Perhaps one should ask, if only 64% of Conservatives want lower taxes and less services....that means that 36% do not want lower taxes and less services....sounds to me like the 36%....in addition to people who aren't Conservatives....add up to way more than the 64% who do want these measures.

Rasmussen is Reich Wing Polling and if people are working the need less services and they automatically want less taxes. But if you are poor you pay very little in taxes if any and atuomatically qualify for more services. SO????

64% of the people Rasmussen targets in their polls.....which is historically....Conservative people. Perhaps one should ask, if only 64% of Conservatives want lower taxes and less services....that means that 36% do not want lower taxes and less services....sounds to me like the 36%....in addition to people who aren't Conservatives....add up to way more than the 64% who do want these measures.

False statement: 100% of the people Rasmussen polls are "likely voters" as opposed to registered voters.

what I would like to know is what %%% of Americans are so naive when it comes to how government works, how the debt will affect us when it hits 16,then 17 million, and those that are so friggin dumbfounded that they cant see that our current president hates the USA and wants to use the Constitution as his own toilet paper.

False statement: 100% of the people Rasmussen polls are "likely voters" as opposed to registered voters.
Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Brilliant analysis <eye-roll>

what I would like to know is what %%% of Americans are so naive when it comes to how government works, how the debt will affect us when it hits 16,then 17 million, and those that are so friggin dumbfounded that they cant see that our current president hates the USA and wants to use the Constitution as his own toilet paper.

All your stupid fucking hyperbolic shit aside about the president....

Great...less services....who gets to decide which services get cut? I'm not willing to throw my fellow Americans under the fucking bus, and your not willing to take a dollar away from the military-industrial complex.

All your stupid fucking hyperbolic shit aside about the president....

Great...less services....who gets to decide which services get cut? I'm not willing to throw my fellow Americans under the fucking bus, and your not willing to take a dollar away from the military-industrial complex.

Most of the response may be from those that take services such as road maintenance, fire, police, water, and waste disposal for granted.

RWF,the other % marks the "hope and change"welfare recepients.

Forum List

Back