Rasmussen: Newt 45 Obama 43

A little bit about Newt

Newt Gingrich served as a Member of Congress for 20 years and as Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995-1999.
He is widely recognized as the chief architect of the Republican Contract with America and the key strategist and leader behind the 1994 Republican victory, which created the first GOP majority in Congress in 40 years, and the 1996 and 1998 victories that retained that majority for the first time in 74 years.
The Globalist | Biography of Newt Gingrich

Do we really want another Republican Contract with America?

The last one worked out pretty good...we ended up with balanced budget, job growth, and welfare reform under newt's congressional leadership and clinton's executive decision making.

You don't think Boehner/Reids congressional leadership and Newts potential to be the executive decision maker holds the same promise?

The GOP became drunk on power and became what they went to get rid of in the government.

And then there was the TEA PARTY ;)

People love to ascribe the appearance of the tea party to obama but it was really the abandonment of any representation of fiscally conservative values in washington from both parties.

The last one worked out pretty good...we ended up with balanced budget, job growth, and welfare reform under newt's congressional leadership and clinton's executive decision making.

You don't think Boehner/Reids congressional leadership and Newts potential to be the executive decision maker holds the same promise?

The GOP became drunk on power and became what they went to get rid of in the government.
Any wonder why the Republican Blue-Bloods reject the TEA Party and are trying to claim the mantle of Conservatism?:eusa_whistle:

EXACTLY ;)

A little bit about Newt

Newt Gingrich served as a Member of Congress for 20 years and as Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995-1999.
He is widely recognized as the chief architect of the Republican Contract with America and the key strategist and leader behind the 1994 Republican victory, which created the first GOP majority in Congress in 40 years, and the 1996 and 1998 victories that retained that majority for the first time in 74 years.

I'll give Gingrich credit. He deserves just as much kudos for balancing the budget as Clinton does.

A little bit about Newt

I'll give Gingrich credit. He deserves just as much kudos for balancing the budget as Clinton does.

Newt is a snake oil salesman maybe even worse than obama.

Newt is a snake oil salesman maybe even worse than obama.

Yes he is.

And he still gets credit for balancing the budget.

A little bit about Newt

Gingrich couldn't have led the congress into the balanced budget and welfare reform without Clinton signing off on it.

Some of us see those 2 for what they did as leaders instead of focusing on their personal lives ;).

Gingrich couldn't have led the congress into the balanced budget and welfare reform without Clinton signing off on it.

Some of us see those 2 for what they did as leaders instead of focusing on their personal lives ;).

I'm not sure how much "leadership" I see in Clinton having his arm twisted to make him sign off onto those things, but I AM amused by how you totally missed that part in your rush to give Clinton accolades for something.

Wonder if Gunslinger is right & Newt will be nominated because there's still 2-3 candidates who haven't imploded yet.

If we continue to watch, the implosion we see may come fom the left side. With for more on Fast and Furious and Solyndra, not to mention Eric Holder grasping tightly to HIS people.

I'm not sure how much "leadership" I see in Clinton having his arm twisted to make him sign off onto those things, but I AM amused by how you totally missed that part in your rush to give Clinton accolades for something.

Did Clinton sign the bills or not ? Did Newt or did Newt not get the bills passed through congress?

You might not like Bill Clinton but he did sign those bills instead of vetoing them when he had both options available.

I'm mildly amused that you think i'm stating this to "give clinton accolades" instead of my real intent which is to be honest by giving him credit for his action of signing it.

Did Clinton sign the bills or not ? Did Newt or did Newt not get the bills passed through congress?

You might not like Bill Clinton but he did sign those bills instead of vetoing them when he had both options available.

I'm mildly amused that you think i'm stating this to "give clinton accolades" instead of my real intent which is to be honest by giving him credit for his action of signing it.

I'm aware that Clinton signed them. I'm also aware that he rejected them previously and had to be forced to sign them. Which means there was no "leadership" involved on his part.

I'm aware that Clinton signed them. I'm also aware that he rejected them previously and had to be forced to sign them. Which means there was no "leadership" involved on his part.

He decided to sign them, he wasn't "forced" into it. Congress can't force the president to sign bills, neither can the judiciary ;).

That being said what are newts current numbers vs the field and vs obama?

He decided to sign them, he wasn't "forced" into it. Congress can't force the president to sign bills, neither can the judiciary ;).

That being said what are newts current numbers vs the field and vs obama?

Riiiight. If they weren't holding an actual gun to his head, it was voluntary. Puhleeze.

Forum List

Back