Rare Sexually Transmitted Disease Strikes 2 in N.Y.

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two New Yorkers have been diagnosed with a rare sexually transmitted disease that is spreading among gay and bisexual men in Europe, the city health commissioner said on Wednesday.

The disease, known as LGV or Lymphogranuloma venereum, is caused by specific strains of chlamydia and is often marked by painful, bloody rectal infection and genital ulcers.

"LGV is a serious condition and its emergence in New York City reflects continuing high levels of unsafe sexual activity among men who have sex with men," Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden told a news conference.

"Unprotected anal intercourse, in particular, is extremely risky in terms of the spread of LGV as well as HIV (news - web sites)," he added.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (news - web sites) in Atlanta has confirmed six recent cases in the United States, including three cases in San Francisco and one in Atlanta.

Among the cases identified thus far, most have also had HIV/AIDS (news - web sites) infection, Frieden said.

The Netherlands has reported 92 cases of LGV dating back to 2003 and Belgium, France, Sweden and Britain have also reported infections.

Most people infected report having multiple sex partners and engaging in unprotected anal intercourse and other high-risk practices, officials said.

LGV can be cured by a three-week course of antibiotics if identified early. Untreated, it can cause swelling and scarring of the genitals and permanent damage to the bowels.

yuck

Here we go again!!!!!! This is almost exactly the same scenario that happened back in 1981 when a "rare venereal disease" appeared among gay and bisexual men, especially ones with many sex partners.......

Aside from the obvious, I wonder if "gay" also means being too stupid for your own good......

At least in 1981, there wasn't a precedent, now there isn't an excuse.....

Well.... some people never learn. Well, at the rate things are going, gays will be extinct in a few years, and they'll only have themselves to blame.

They should have closed the bathhouses and sex clubs permanently rather than letting them re-open. People don't need to be encouraged to have irresponsible sex, they seem to well enough without any assistance!

I can just hear the unending whining now..... Bush tax cuts caused this disease, we have to teach kids in school how to masturbate (I always thought they figured out to on their own) and how to put condoms on bananas.... we need 15 billion dollars more for research and "education"..... this is caused by homophobia.... this is actually a CIA bio-terrorism weapon that was let loose on the public.....

I guess being gay must mean being a moronic, pleasure seeking, narcissistic, self centered, whine bag who doesn't learn from his or her mistakes......

Well, gay people, you made this mess, don't expect the rest of us to feel sorry for you, and certainly don't expect the rest of us to pay to fix it for you just so that you can go out and screw yourselves up with yet another disease that will take billions of taxpayer dollars to find a cure for.

Hey, am I homophobic? Sure, why not!!! But at least I'm healthy, I'm not stupid and I don't need a blood transfusion after every bowel movement.

KarlMarx said:
Here we go again!!!!!! This is almost exactly the same scenario that happened back in 1981 when a "rare venereal disease" appeared among gay and bisexual men, especially ones with many sex partners.......

Aside from the obvious, I wonder if "gay" also means being too stupid for your own good......

At least in 1981, there wasn't a precedent, now there isn't an excuse.....

Well.... some people never learn. Well, at the rate things are going, gays will be extinct in a few years, and they'll only have themselves to blame.

They should have closed the bathhouses and sex clubs permanently rather than letting them re-open. People don't need to be encouraged to have irresponsible sex, they seem to well enough without any assistance!

I can just hear the unending whining now..... Bush tax cuts caused this disease, we have to teach kids in school how to masturbate (I always thought they figured out to on their own) and how to put condoms on bananas.... we need 15 billion dollars more for research and "education"..... this is caused by homophobia.... this is actually a CIA bio-terrorism weapon that was let loose on the public.....

I guess being gay must mean being a moronic, pleasure seeking, narcissistic, self centered, whine bag who doesn't learn from his or her mistakes......

Well, gay people, you made this mess, don't expect the rest of us to feel sorry for you, and certainly don't expect the rest of us to pay to fix it for you just so that you can go out and screw yourselves up with yet another disease that will take billions of taxpayer dollars to find a cure for.

Hey, am I homophobic? Sure, why not!!! But at least I'm healthy, I'm not stupid and I don't need a blood transfusion after every bowel movement.

I can't tell you to not think that way; however I must remind you that AIDS started out as a "GAY" disease, therefore we didn't give a damn... Until it speaded amongst our nation's daughters, sons, neighbors and friends. It wasn't until later until we'd finally found out that the disease can be spreaded to anyone!

Your attitude is unacceptible; the very idea of waiting until any problem reaches your neighborhood, before you do something about it, is disturbing at best. It reminds me of how 9/11 came to be.

Once a problem reaches your backyard, it already too late to do something about it! Never turn your back on any disease!

hylandrdet said:
I can't tell you to not think that way; however I must remind you that AIDS started out as a "GAY" disease, therefore we didn't give a damn... Until it speaded amongst our nation's daughters, sons, neighbors and friends. It wasn't until later until we'd finally found out that the disease can be spreaded to anyone!

Your attitude is unacceptible; the very idea of waiting until any problem reaches your neighborhood, before you do something about it, is disturbing at best. It reminds me of how 9/11 came to be.

Once a problem reaches your backyard, it already too late to do something about it! Never turn your back on any disease!

I've got news for you.... aids, for the most part, still is a GAY disease. It is most prevalent in GAYS and DRUG users. It spread to others through contaminated blood. And to say we ignored it is, well, ignorant. Reagan spent more on AIDS research than on cancer research yet cancer killed multiple times more people.

911 came about cuz you hero billybob ignored terrorism for 8 years.

hylandrdet said:

So you are the end all-know all of attitude and you say who can have what attitude? You actually contradict yourself. First you say that "I can't tell you to not think that way"...then you say "Your attitude is unacceptible"...which is it? No one here seeks your approval or permission to have a different attitude.

the reason it spread is that no one knew back then HOW it was spread. like Magic Johnson...no one wanted to play with someone who had AIDS.

gays or bisexuals probably donated blood, that others received, then those people either gave birth, or had sex...and so on.

Thank you all you hippies for your 'sexual revolution"...great gifts to the future generations: HIV/AIDS, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Herpes, and so on. Living proof that Liberals really DO give back to society!

KarlMarx said:
Here we go again!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

Step 1. Homosexuals contract exotic diseases due to their perverted conduct.

Step 2. The homosexual lobby starts screaming that we're not doing enough to save them from themselves.

I'm pretty sick of the whole process.

Merlin1047 said:
My thoughts exactly.

Step 2. The homosexual lobby starts screaming that we're not doing enough to save them from themselves.

you jsut havent been brainwashed enough yet. another 100 years of crying and whining might do it.

Merlin1047 said:
My thoughts exactly.

What's so messed up about this is its not that difficult to avoid getting any sexually transmitted disease. Just dont mess around with anyone other than your husband or wife. This preventive measure is absolutely free and has been advocated by people who have faith for millinium.

Merlin1047 said:
My thoughts exactly.

I'm just waiting for the naked one to come in here and tell us all how it REALLY is.... how we're all not understanding... how it's not the queer's fault... how we're all nothing more than a bunch of fucking homophobic, back woods, beer drinking, back slapping, ignorant, good 'ole boy hicks, and wouldn't know a good grade of shit even if we tasted it. We need to listen to him, so he can enlighten us as to the beautiful, loving, passionate, commited relationship between two, pure as the driven snow, I can't help but give in to my urges, butt pokers.

So how the HELL they got the name "gays" is BEYOND me. There's absolutely NOTHING to do with them that would denote "gay". I propose we now start calling them..... feeble's.

Actually George W. Bush correctly stated who is getting HIV/AIDS at the highest rate - African American men and women. He called for the Ryan White Act to be renewed tonight.

Unprotected sex with multiple partners is risky whether you are gay or straight.

acludem

Johnney said:
......"Unprotected anal intercourse, in particular, is extremely risky in terms of the spread of LGV as well as HIV .....Most people infected report having multiple sex partners and engaging in unprotected anal intercourse and other high-risk practices, officials said.......
What can you expect when you roll around in shit?

hylandrdet said:

I got news for you. AIDS in this country is primarily a disease that affects gay/bisexuals and intravenous drug abusers (not according to me, but according the CDC).

Secondly, I'm not saying that we should turn our backs on fighting any disease. What I'm saying is that AIDS and now, LGV are the result of irresponsible behavior and it affects everyone. It affects the rest of us in the form of higher taxes (hey 15 billion dollars to combat AIDS is going to be paid for by the taxpayer) and in the form of higher health care costs for the rest of us (have you ever wondered why gays made such an issue of getting health care benefits for their partners? I believe it's because of AIDS and under normal cirumstances, insurance companies would turn these people down).

Thirdly, I and millions like me are sick and tired of being blamed for the spread of AIDS by being so-called "homophobic", and having to listen to the gay propaganda foisted upon each and every one of us that somehow teaching young children all the nasty details of sex is going to prevent the disease! Hey, guess what?!?!? It didn't! Now we have ANOTHER disease to worry about courtesy of the gay community!

Fourthly, because of the politicization of AIDS/HIV by the gay rights and AIDS activists, disproportional amounts of money are being allocated for the disease. All AIDS cases in this country since 1981 have totaled less than 900,000. In comparison, Alzheimer's disease and other diseases claim millions of lives. Yet, the amount of money spent on these diseases is miniscule compared to that spent for AIDS. Also, privacy laws have prevented health agencies from fighting the spread of AIDS. Privacy laws that were pushed by the gays. No disease in history has ever been fought by protecting people's privacy! The most important thing is saving people's lives and health, not worrying about whether some infected gay person is "outted".

Lastly, and this is most important, gays can STOP this disease by abstinence, and by being responsible. They can stop this plague on our society by taking responsibility for their actions and stop whining to the government and everyone else that AIDS is everyone else's fault but theirs!

That's not homophobia, that's the truth. My doctor told me to do something about my weight and my cholesterol. I am, I'm losing weight, exercising more, watching what I eat. NO ONE made me fat, except me! I'm taking responsibility for it. I expect no less from the gays or any other group.

Don't like what I said? Tough! That's the truth, deal with it!

KarlMarx said:
Fourthly, because of the politicization of AIDS/HIV by the gay rights and AIDS activists, disproportional amounts of money are being allocated for the disease. All AIDS cases in this country since 1981 have totaled less than 900,000. In comparison, Alzheimer's disease and other diseases claim millions of lives. Yet, the amount of money spent on these diseases is miniscule compared to that spent for AIDS. Also, privacy laws have prevented health agencies from fighting the spread of AIDS. Privacy laws that were pushed by the gays. No disease in history has ever been fought by protecting people's privacy! The most important thing is saving people's lives and health, not worrying about whether some infected gay person is "outted".

Very good point. The Hollywood - homosexual alliance has made AIDS a high profile issue. As a result, money has been siphoned away from diseases which are not spread or contracted largely by irresponsible conduct. How many diseases could have been either cured or treated more effectively if the money wasted chasing down cures for AIDS had been applied elsewhere? Could we have found a cure for cancer? Could we have found better treatments for heart disease?

Ultimately the cure for AIDS is monogamy - even among homosexuals.

In all fairness, those who are bisexual (I mainly refer to men that sleep with men then sleep with women) have a grave responsibility. If they contact this disease, spread through unclean penatration, and then sleep with women and give it to them, they should be held responsible. Anal sex is not clean, period.

It is also a crime if you knowingly do this.

:tinfoil:

You know what the consipiracists will say....

"The Government created this disease to kill off gay people. It is all GWB's fault!"

This of course gives them reason to believe that they are not responsible for the actions that brought this on themselves.

Johnney said:
oy mean its not healthy to rub shit on my dick? i should wear a condom?
It means that if you lay down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas.

Joz said:
It means that if you lay down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas.
well there have been some pretty fugly ones in the past... dont remember any fleas so i must be ok then :clap1:

Johnney said:
well there have been some pretty fugly ones in the past... dont remember any fleas so i must be ok then :clap1:
Glad to hear it.

Forum List

Back