Rapper Heavy D has died.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
He was wildly innovative, extremely talented and his music was both fun and enjoyable. Big loss.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rapper Heavy D, who rose to fame during the 1990s and scored hit singles such as "Now That We Found Love", died on Tuesday after collapsing outside his Beverly Hills home. He was 44.

Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen said in a statement that the rapper, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Meyers, was found on a walkway at 11:25 a.m. PST outside his condominium. He conscious and talking, but having difficulty breathing. Paramedics were called and the singer was rushed to a nearby hospital.

"The individual ultimately died at the hospital," Rosen said. He added that there were no signs of foul play, and the death is believed to be medically related. An official cause is pending an autopsy by Los Angeles County coroners.
Rapper Heavy D is dead at 44 - Yahoo! News

Wow, he actually died of natural causes.

That's pretty rare for a rapper.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Never heard of him. :dunno:

New flavor for your ear..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iztp036z54]Heavy D - Don't Curse - YouTube[/ame]

Just a really fun and amazing guy.

Thanks but since I don't do hip hop/rap it doesn't personally matter. I do remember seeing him on TV once, don't remember anything about it though.
My condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Never heard of him. :dunno:

New flavor for your ear..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iztp036z54]Heavy D - Don't Curse - YouTube[/ame]

Just a really fun and amazing guy.

Thanks but since I don't do hip hop/rap it doesn't personally matter. I do remember seeing him on TV once, don't remember anything about it though.
My condolences to his family, friends and fans.

I try to listen to everything. That includes rock, rap, classical, opera, country, ethnic, blues, pop, jazz and progressive. Life's to short not to experience it.

I try to listen to everything. That includes rock, rap, classical, opera, country, ethnic, blues, pop, jazz and progressive. Life's to short not to experience it.

I do too, for the most part.

But you can take your Bjork and shove it up your ass. :D

He was wildly innovative, extremely talented and his music was both fun and enjoyable. Big loss.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rapper Heavy D, who rose to fame during the 1990s and scored hit singles such as "Now That We Found Love", died on Tuesday after collapsing outside his Beverly Hills home. He was 44.

Beverly Hills Police Lt. Mark Rosen said in a statement that the rapper, whose real name is Dwight Arrington Meyers, was found on a walkway at 11:25 a.m. PST outside his condominium. He conscious and talking, but having difficulty breathing. Paramedics were called and the singer was rushed to a nearby hospital.

"The individual ultimately died at the hospital," Rosen said. He added that there were no signs of foul play, and the death is believed to be medically related. An official cause is pending an autopsy by Los Angeles County coroners.

Uhmmm, wait, oh yeah Heavy D, right.

yea, hes on my mantle next to Schubert and Prince...:eusa_whistle:

R.I.P

p22306o9k0d.jpg

I don't listen to that shit. I like real music.

Uhmmm, wait, oh yeah Heavy D, right.

yea, hes on my mantle next to Schubert and Prince...:eusa_whistle:

i've never understood why people who are overtly hostile to someone who died feel the need to advertise that fact on a thread about the person's death. in fact, i find it extraordinarily weird. it's not like the guy was david dukes.

sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

If you call rap music and you're into that, big lose.

If you don't call rap music and have no idea who heavy A, B, C or D is, no big lose.

Simple as that.

That's a shame. In hip-hop there was no one like Heavy d and the Boyz.

I did see him do a show in the early 00's, where he needed help walking, so I'm more surprised it took this long.

I thought Heavy D was working on losing weight?

He might have been. But about 10 years ago, he could barely move, and I don't think it was b/c of his weight.

That's a shame. In hip-hop there was no one like Heavy d and the Boyz.

I did see him do a show in the early 00's, where he needed help walking, so I'm more surprised it took this long.

He was a house but I liked him. It's hard to get motivated to lose that much weight. Sad.

Forum List

Back