Rapper - Fuck the Troops?

It's his first amendment right to say this, but it is very distasteful.

Indeed. People are free to tell ignorant rappers and drooling internet leftists that they're full of shit.

Ain't America great?
But for some reason, hearing it from from you has no impact.

Sure, if you'd rather listen to a gang-banging retard than someone who wore the uniform for 20 years.

But that's okay. I know there's nothing I could say that could penetrate your idiocy.

A narrow mind is shaped from a pointed head.

Not being in the military doesn't make you a military hater.

Not being in the military doesn't make you a pussy.

Not being in the military doesn't mean there's nothing you'd fight for. It doesn't mean there's nothing you'd die for.
In my experience, military-haters are pussies.

I got it the first time. I was just merely pointing out a distinction that a lot of people forget. Your quote included (not you personally, the one you cited).
Yeah. Nowhere did I imply any of the distinctions you pointed out.

Not fighting in the Military does not mean that you have no cause that you'd fight for.

In my experience, men who call other men pussies are scared little guys who are afraid that they are pussies.
Your experience seems to be wrong.

In my experience, people who bold their every post are arrogant attention whores who think their views are more important than everyone else's.

You are a perfect example of everything that is wrong with this nation today. You are willing to demean your country, because you have no concept of the value, or the price, of the freedom you take for granted. America isn't different, huh? Well, in the so-called "great democracies" of Europe, you can be jailed for simply saying the wrong thing-but not here. In some of the world's "democracies" you can be imprisoned without trial, indefinitely, or be presumed guilty until PROVEN innocent-that's not how it works, not here. America is nothing special, eh? You show me one other country that has put men on the moon (and we did that, over forty years ago!) Oh and by the way, of those other countries that criticize America so much, you show me one, that has been more generous, or been there for more people in more places, than America-not one of them, NOT ONE can say that!

"Indoctrination"? Well, I suppose you could call it that. When I was a kid, in the bad old days right after WW II, we were taught to love our country. We were taught the difference between communism and freedom, and we knew which our troops in Korea (who were often our dads, or uncles, or older brothers), were fighting for; (and we damn sure didn't spit on them or call them names when they came home, either!) Yes, we were taught citizenship, in our schools; we were taught to pledge allegiance to the flag, and to stand at attention for the national anthem; we were taught to respect the flag, obey the law,and do the right thing. We were taught to respect adults, and if we did not, we got our butts whipped. It's called discipline-today, some people call it "child abuse". If a teacher paddled us, we got another when our parents found out. We were taught respect for others, and their property; we WEREN'T taught to be arrogant disrespectful, self-centered, mouthy little brats! We were taught self-discipline, and honor, too. I wonder how many of your generation would actually have been inspired when JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country!" Sure isn't the mentality of the "entitlement generation", now is it?

You can call it whatever you want, but most of you today don't have those values, and you are the poorer for it. The vast majority of you are aimless, self-absorbed, egotistical, spoiled brats who have never gotten any calluses on your hands, don't know what hard work is (and don't care), don't know the meaning of the concepts of Duty, Honor, and Country, and don't understand self-sacrifice. The majority of you, having had little discipline in your lives, cannot discipline yourselves. Most of you have never served your country, and don't want to; you'll leave that to someone else. As a result, you don't know what it is like to go to places where there is no freedom, and people have to fight for it. You have no idea what it is like to come back from a place like that, and see Old Glory waving in the breeze. For those of us who have, the sight of her has a meaning you will never know. You call yourselves "citizens of the world", now, without understanding what that means. You scorn patriotism and traditional values as old-fashioned and out-of-date. Those of us who do not, are guilty (in your eyes) of the "awful "crime" of "Jingoism". Now it's all about YOUR rights, YOUR desires, YOUR wants, and to hell with anyone else's; but hey, you got them (thanks to someone else) and you can use, or misuse, them any way you like; it's the American way, right? Actually that only works when you protect and respect the rights of your fellow Americans the same way you do your own, but no one taught you that; my goodness, you might have to "conform" and we can't have that! Interesting, because you'll conform to peer pressure and fads without a whimper.

All this is not entirely your fault, of course; you are the result of bad (or simply negligent) parenting, and at least partly the result of a country that still hasn't sorted out the results of the social revolution it went through fifty years or so ago, when part of my generation decided it wanted to throw out "traditional values" without having any real idea what to replace those with. As a result, you've grown up with a culture of "anything goes", which serves neither you nor America well, but you don't know any better. You had better find something better, though, because if you do not, and you keep doing what you do, you will eventually piss this country (and your freedom), right down the drain, and you won't even recognize you're doing it, until it's too late. You may not like what I say, and you may not like me, but this is your wake up call, and you had better pay attention while you can, or one day freedom will be just a memory for you, and then you'll learn that getting it back is a whole lot tougher, than what you should have done to keep it!

You showed no dignity, no such respect of that which you just spoke, when you presumed that my percieved flaws are the result of bad parenting. This is extremely insulting, and you obviously are blind to your own hypocrisy. How dare you presume to know anything about my life, and much less, attribute flaws about my character that you percieve in such a careless and arrogant manner. This alone invalidates everything you just said. You are an old, sad man, trapped in the past, without a clue of what it is like to grow up in todays world.

Of course I would have rather grown up with guidance, and culture that wasn't superficial, but if you think we are blind to this fact, then you are simply deluding yourself. The dissatisfaction people have with todays pop culture, which is what you are referring to, is evident. Yet, pop culture doesn't define who we are. I don't let my country define me. You seem like yet just another cog in a machine, as it was after WWII, and I understand that. These are different times. No better, no worse. Just different. You perceived your society from a singular place, able now to talk of the romance of the ideals you presented. They do sound romantic, and enchanting. This I can not deny you. Yet, you project your experiences as some kind of bar to be compared against. I'm not saying your generation didn't fight. I am fully aware that many died to preserve the freedoms that we now take for granted, yet I am also aware of the corruption, hypocrisy, war-mongering mentality that brought us into wars we never should have went to. Wars where american soldiers died for no reason. Where innocent people of many different nationalities died for no reason, simply because our political leaders and those behind them, wanted to make a little money.

The evil which America has perpetrated is something I am not blind to. I will give credit where credit is due, but I will not blind myself to certain truths in order to achieve a false patriotism. Just because society taught you that something was right when you were little, doesn't mean it is right. You are only getting one side of the story. that is your problem. You haven't learned the other side of things, and that mostly likely because of attachments, or ego.

We all dream of a time past that was more pure. Unfortunately, this is only a vision for most. We deal with what we are dealt. Some of us grew up in society with less values. Is that our fault? You need to show some class and dignity, regardless of what you believe to be true, and dont ever bring up parenting when talking to someone you do not at all know, especially in an online political forum. Everything you said made sense, until you made yourself out to be an arrogant, self-righteous, asshole. My father passed when I was a little boy, so I guess, you're assumption was correct, but that doesn't mean you should have made it. You could have had a little more respect than that. I didn't have any of the guidance that I wanted, and I hate authority, and I won't bow down to an institution simply because it tells me I should, but that doesn't mean I can't give myself the discipline I need to survive NOW. I adopt and achieve the ideals, beliefs, attitudes, and appreciations I need to survive in todays world, not yesterdays world. That is how life works. You assume that people can't overcome early experiences. That, because many of us today dont' have the guidance we would have liked, we can not gain self-discipline on our own. We can. It is simply a matter of adapting to todays culture, and doing what you need to do to survive. Having ideals is a luxury into todays world that few seem to be able to afford.

I've wisened up, maybe you should look at both sides of the coin, and learn about the incredible evils America has done both abroad and at home. Try to have a balanced view of this country, and not one blinded by romantic youthful experiences. I have learned of things you do obviously haven't learned about America, that have caused me to doubt this nation fundamentally. I still appreciate the rights I have compared to those in certain other countries, but I am not going to bow down to idealism because some ignorant old man tells me about the 'good old days,' when "PEOPLE LEARNED RESPECT." Get real, and get off your high horse.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

-- John Stuart Mill

Let me guess...Howard Zinn fan, huh?

I would fight in a war if it was for a noble cause. If our freedom or personal safety was actually threatened, I might consider it. I am not going to die for corporations and greedy politicans and bankers who simply want to use troops to claim an oil field, cushioning their personal bank accounts and the promise of their grandchildrens safety in an increasingly uncertain world. If you think a soldier stands for anything more in todays military, you are just being naiive. But, you are a republican, so that would make sense. I could care less for my personal safety, but I am not going to be a blind sheep and listen to republicans out of fear of being a heretic. I have never read, heard, or watched anything of Howard Zinn. Presumptuous much?

In my experience, men who call other men pussies are scared little guys who are afraid that they are pussies.

In my experience, people who bold their every post are arrogant attention whores who think their views are more important than everyone else's.

See, you are wrong again. My bolding only bothers some of you on the right. Think I'll keep it.

See, you are wrong again. My bolding only bothers some of you on the right. Think I'll keep it.
Sure, go ahead. It's not like I've never laughed at arrogant attention whores before. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back