Rape is rape

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
The comments on this story are despicable. How dare people mock the victim of rape.

A Dighton, Mass., man is pressing charges against a well-known local massage parlor, saying he was sexually assaulted. The 30-year-old man told police on Saturday about an incident in April, when he went to the North Main Street Spa for a massage, according to a police report.
The massage proceeded in ways that have gotten its proprietor and masseuses arrested in the past for prostitution -- and ended the same way. The man said he told "Yo Yo" that he had a girlfriend, the report said, but she completed the sex act.

Police: Dighton, Mass., man says he was sexually assaulted at Providence massage parlor | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

If that were me I'd take the situation as a cue to exit the bulding...Well, personally I'd probably stay but still, were they holding a gun to his head and telling the 'victim' that he couldn't leave the building?

The comments on this story are despicable. How dare people mock the victim of rape.

A Dighton, Mass., man is pressing charges against a well-known local massage parlor, saying he was sexually assaulted. The 30-year-old man told police on Saturday about an incident in April, when he went to the North Main Street Spa for a massage, according to a police report.
The massage proceeded in ways that have gotten its proprietor and masseuses arrested in the past for prostitution -- and ended the same way. The man said he told "Yo Yo" that he had a girlfriend, the report said, but she completed the sex act.

Police: Dighton, Mass., man says he was sexually assaulted at Providence massage parlor | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

While rape is rape, there are some odd things about the story....The incident occurred in April, but he waited 4 months to report it. Why? Motive is question as well....why would a masseuse who is really a prostitute, force sex? And lack of consent is questionable because without any threat, why was he not able to resist?

While rape is rape, there are some odd things about the story....The incident occurred in April, but he waited 4 months to report it. Why? Motive is question as well....why would a masseuse who is really a prostitute, force sex? And lack of consent is questionable because without any threat, why was he not able to resist?

Rape victims often delay reporting, it is one of the things defense attorneys used to use to question the motive of the victim.

Rape victims often delay reporting, it is one of the things defense attorneys used to use to question the motive of the victim.
Yes, I am aware of delay, but 4 months is a bit beyond the norm. It' questionable.

Yes, I am aware of delay, but 4 months is a bit beyond the norm. It' questionable.

Rape victims have come out years later, this is not beyond any norm.

Not only that, but was this guy forced/coercerd in any way, shape, or form? I find it hard to believe that a 30 year old male's "happy-ending" was actually rape.
From what the article says the man said, "I have a girlfriend" saying "I have a GF" is definitly not saying something like "no."

edit: I don't think anyone is arguing against the fact of rape being rape. I just don't really see how the topic at hand could be considered, especially in a court of law, an act of rape. (given the articles information)

Last edited:

Not only that, but was this guy forced/coercerd in any way, shape, or form? I find it hard to believe that a 30 year old male's "happy-ending" was actually rape.
From what the article says the man said, "I have a girlfriend" saying "I have a GF" is definitly not saying something like "no."

edit: I don't think anyone is arguing against the fact of rape being rape. I just don't really see how the topic at hand could be considered, especially in a court of law, an act of rape. (given the articles information)

In a court of law all it takes is a lack of consent. Force and/or coersion are not required to prove rape.

In spite of the delay, what reason does this man have to lie? Is he pregnant? Is this prostitute rich? Did the prostitute give him VD, which he then gave to his girlfiend?

The prostitute can make more money from sex than from massage. That's her motive. And, maybe she took his "no" as his desire not to feel guilty about cheating on his girl.

In a court of law all it takes is a lack of consent. Force and/or coersion are not required to prove rape.

But was there a lack of consent? saying, "I have a girlfriend" still isn't a suitable substitute for saying "NO" That is, he didn't really object, he just said "I have a girlfiend"

The man said he told "Yo Yo" that he had a girlfriend, the report said, but she completed the sex act.

Last edited:

But was there a lack of consent? saying, "I have a girlfriend" still isn't a suitable substitute for saying "NO" That is, he didn't really object, he just said "I have a girlfiend"

The man said he told "Yo Yo" that he had a girlfriend, the report said, but she completed the sex act.

My advice to you, never have sex. Rapes have been prosecuted successfully when the girl admits she said yes, and then changed her mind during the sex.

My advice to you, never have sex. Rapes have been prosecuted successfully when the girl admits she said yes, and then changed her mind during the sex.

Well yes, anything that happens after someone says stop, is rape.

Did he at any point tell the woman no, or stop?

Well yes, anything that happens after someone says stop, is rape.

Did he at any point tell the woman no, or stop?

The police apparently think he he did, why else would they investigate?

I think we need to see a picture of this woman before we decide if the man was raped. Just sayin'.

He could have pushed her away. He could have stopped it and walked out of the building. He could have even yelled for assistance. Instead, he stayed and enjoyed his blow job - I am assuming this is what happened.

He then decided not to report it, but a few months later, after being haunted by dreams over his sexcapade, he decided to report the 'crime'.

Sorry. Saying you have a girlfriend does not mean you are saying no. His girlfriend probably found out about it, and instead of being man enough to admit he had an affair, he claims rape.

He could have pushed her away. He could have stopped it and walked out of the building. He could have even yelled for assistance. Instead, he stayed and enjoyed his blow job - I am assuming this is what happened.

He then decided not to report it, but a few months later, after being haunted by dreams over his sexcapade, he decided to report the 'crime'.

Sorry. Saying you have a girlfriend does not mean you are saying no. His girlfriend probably found out about it, and instead of being man enough to admit he had an affair, he claims rape.

I will remember that the next time a woman is raped, if she doesn't fight it is not a real rape.

I will remember that the next time a woman is raped, if she doesn't fight it is not a real rape.

If you are physically unable to fight, then fine. But was this bloke pinned down to the bed? No, he had some chick sucking his cock and he wasn't going to leave the joint until he blew his load - excuse my crudeness.

Its bullshit and you know it.

If you are physically unable to fight, then fine. But was this bloke pinned down to the bed? No, he had some chick sucking his cock and he wasn't going to leave the joint until he blew his load - excuse my crudeness.

Its bullshit and you know it.

Legally, it doesn't matter if force is used, or threats, or anything else.

Forum List

Back