Rape exclusion "pro-lifers" - how can you defend your position?

My personal opinion is that no one should have an abortion except for the medical safety of the mother. As to rape, some people believe that even though life starts at conception the act of rape allows for the termination at the mothers request, Much like some people support the death penalty for heinous crimes.

The question to ask is why the uproar from gun grabbers about 20 6 year olds when most of the same people support abortion on demand, the legal murder of unborn children?

Perhaps you can explain how a fetus is not a human life when it will grow into just that in months? It has no other option. It does not magically become a cumquat or a puppy.

There's no such thing as a "legal murder" or "unborn children"

Really? Who told you that?

A fetus is a human life. Anyone who denies that isn't basing their opinions in reality. However a fetus is not sentient and so it's life does not hold the same value as a fully formed child.

Why? Is it any less human?

Yes, it is.

To me, what makes human life more valuable than a birds or a fish, is our sentience, our brains. If by some crazy weird science voodoo, we managed to make brain transplants a reality, and they stuck a human brain into a dogs body and tada its a talking thinking dog, I would value that life over that of a zygote.

My personal opinion is that no one should have an abortion except for the medical safety of the mother. As to rape, some people believe that even though life starts at conception the act of rape allows for the termination at the mothers request, Much like some people support the death penalty for heinous crimes.

The question to ask is why the uproar from gun grabbers about 20 6 year olds when most of the same people support abortion on demand, the legal murder of unborn children?

Perhaps you can explain how a fetus is not a human life when it will grow into just that in months? It has no other option. It does not magically become a cumquat or a puppy.

So, you are one of the assholes who expects a raped woman to have the child. This does not surprise me.

A fetus is a human life. Anyone who denies that isn't basing their opinions in reality. However a fetus is not sentient and so it's life does not hold the same value as a fully formed child.

Yes, it is.

To me, what makes human life more valuable than a birds or a fish, is our sentience, our brains. If by some crazy weird science voodoo, we managed to make brain transplants a reality, and they stuck a human brain into a dogs body and tada its a talking thinking dog, I would value that life over that of a zygote.

No.. it is not.. unless you consider a retarded person of limited mental capabilities as less value.. or a 8.5 month fetus as less valuable than a 3 month premature infant

You want to cull your own ? Its legal. Have it.

Raped and pregnant ? Seemingly rare but its 100% your choice. I wish you well.

Not all of us do bub. Same reason most of us pro-lifers don't support the death penalty.

Do try and keep up.

So, you are one of the assholes who expects a raped woman to have the child. This does not surprise me.

If you believe in protecting innocent life, you believe in protecting innocent life.... it would then be a greater sin to kill an innocent life than it is to have a person anguished over the birth of a child they do not want (which they could subsequently give up for adoption, still seek mental health counseling, etc)

Personally do I think a woman in that situation could possibly go thru terrible things in her mind?? Yep... I just think killing an innocent human (even a developing one) is doing worse.. do I expect everyone to have the same exact feelings as me?? nope... I fully know there are people who believe things all over the spectrum of this

I don't buy the rape angle anyway... figures state that there are about 1,300,000 abortions a year of which 13,000, or, 1% due to rape. Ok then.. the USDoJ reports that about 64,000 "completed" rapes occur each year.. so.. that means that about 20% end up in pregnancy?

Nah... don't buy it.. I think that 13,000 number is much lower.

Yes, it is.

No, it isn't. Besides, you don't know where sentience lies. People have lived normal lives with only brain stems.

Last edited:
You can say "No, it isnt", its your opinion and youre entitled to it. I feel confident in my opinion, which is backed by science and agreed with by the vast majority of doctors in nearly all of the western world. :)

When they all agree that they're wrong, I will humbly agree I was as well.

You can say "No, it isnt", its your opinion and youre entitled to it. I feel confident in my opinion, which is backed by science and agreed with by the vast majority of doctors in nearly all of the western world. :)

When they all agree that they're wrong, I will humbly agree I was as well.

No.. it is not backed by 'science' or even reality.. as I have shown.. but you are indeed entitled to your opinion

Enough of this fatuous "discussion." What percentage of pregnancies involve rape? Why should this question be the defining issue?

Rape exclusion "pro-lifers" - how can you defend your position? Your position is that a fetus is a full person with all the rights due a full person including the right to life - unless it is the product of a man raping its mother? How the hell does that work?

How is it that the right to life begins at conception for persons whose fathers were not rapists - but begins in late stage pregnancy for those whose fathers were rapists? Isn't that punishing someone for the sins of their father? What about if the mother was the rapist and the father the victim? Then the right to life starts at conception? A bit sexist don't you think?

I'm just confused as to how the position of rape exclusion "pro-lifers" is at all self-consistent. Assigning the right to life based on the actions of one's father really kinda seems anti-American as well.

I don't defend it, because it's not my position. I wish the Social Cons would go away and form their own new party, so us Sane people who just want to see less spending, and limited Government can actually win an Election.

Forum List

Back