Rape doesn't cause pregnancy

• Banned
Missouri Republican claims ‘legitimate rape’ rarely results in pregnancy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is a textbook example of how using stupid arguments to support your position serves only to strengthen the opposition. Where in the Hell does this guy get his information from?

next he'll say if a woman is raped it's because she was asking for it.

Perhaps. You know, I'm inclined to agree with him at least part of the way. I'll agree that magic happens inside a vagina, but I don't think magically identifying sperm as from a rapist and vaporizing them is part of it.

Missouri Republican claims ‘legitimate rape’ rarely results in pregnancy – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

This is a textbook example of how using stupid arguments to support your position serves only to strengthen the opposition. Where in the Hell does this guy get his information from?

I believe some have already said that this is their belief.

Let's look at the word "legitimate"..........................

le·git·i·mate
   [adj., n. li-jit-uh-mit; v. li-jit-uh-meyt] Show IPA adjective, verb, le·git·i·mat·ed, le·git·i·mat·ing, noun

adjective
1. according to law; lawful: the property's legitimate owner.

2. in accordance with established rules, principles, or standards.

3. born in wedlock or of legally married parents: legitimate children.

4. in accordance with the laws of reasoning; logically inferable; logical: a legitimate conclusion.

5. resting on or ruling by the principle of hereditary right: a legitimate sovereign

Legitimate | Define Legitimate at Dictionary.com

Now.............let's look at the word "rape".....................

rape
1    [reyp] Show IPA noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.

noun
1. the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.

2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

3. statutory rape.

4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.

5. Archaic . the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

verb (used with object)
6. to force to have sexual intercourse.

7. to plunder (a place); despoil.

8. to seize, take, or carry off by force.

verb (used without object)
9. to commit rape.

Rape | Define Rape at Dictionary.com

Now.........................how in the fuck can someone with a law degree who is supposed to be well versed in the English language ever think that "legitimate rape" is an actual phrase with any meaning?

Perhaps. You know, I'm inclined to agree with him at least part of the way. I'll agree that magic happens inside a vagina, but I don't think magically identifying sperm as from a rapist and vaporizing them is part of it.

The Only Possible Scientific Reason I can think of is the fact that some Research has shown a Woman is more likely to get pregnant if she Climaxes around the same time the Man does, I doubt Most woman climax when being rapped, so I guess you could say if those studies are true, they are less likely to get Pregnant from a Rape, then Having Sex by Choice. Anyways. lol

"Legitimately Stupid" is the headline on HuffPo main page.

Pregnancies Resulting from Rape

In 2004-2005, 64,080 women were raped. According to medical reports, the incidence of pregnancy for one-time unprotected sexual intercourse is 5%. By applying the pregnancy rate to 64,080 women, RAINN estimates that there were 3,204 pregnancies as a result of rape during that period.

Reference: U.S. Department of Justice. 2005 National Crime Victimization Survey. 2005.

More: Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Why there should be an IQ test for those wanting to be elected to public office...

Trust a teabagger to do this....these people are almost a different species - a couple of rungs down the ladder from homosapians - but a couple above neanderthal...

So you want Democrats to never hold office again?

BTW he already said he misspoke. It's fairly obvious what he was trying to say.

I have yet to see Obama say he misspoke when he talked about his trip through the 57 States of this Union.

I have yet to see Obama say he misspoke when he talked about his trip through the 57 States of this Union.

Are you really that dumb? He knew exactly what he was trying to say - he just didn't expect or like the blowback. He is a fucking lunatic!

The Only Possible Scientific Reason I can think of is the fact that some Research has shown a Woman is more likely to get pregnant if she Climaxes around the same time the Man does, I doubt Most woman climax when being rapped, so I guess you could say if those studies are true, they are less likely to get Pregnant from a Rape, then Having Sex by Choice. Anyways. lol
There is no so scientific evidence that supports your boneheaded statement.

That was no misspeak, he said exactly what he believes.

Why there should be an IQ test for those wanting to be elected to public office...

Trust a teabagger to do this....these people are almost a different species - a couple of rungs down the ladder from homosapians - but a couple above neanderthal...

well yeah, because no liberal or Democrat are stupid or say stupid things...we get it
but that means you should call people VULGAR names because of it

Do you people EVER do a search..this has been posted FOUR TIMES ALREADY

I think there's a major difference between saying "57" instead of "47" (although my brother who thinks Obama is a Muslim thinks it's because there are 57 Muslim states) and saying something as mean-spirited as "Well, women don't get pregnant when they are raped,".

The implication there in that kind of thinking is that if we allow for a rape exemption to the abortion ban they plan to eventually impose on the country, that every woman who wants to have an abortion will claim she was raped. So the attempt is to delegitimize rape as a reason for abortion.

Mean-spirited and misogynistic, really.

Forum List

Back