Rape-Conceived Woman Speaks Out Against Abortion

Mmmm.... I just know I wouldn't be able to do that.

I just know how I am personally, I would never carry that child to full term. The moment I could go to a clinic and have the abortion the better.

In all honesty (this is just my personal feelings) I would hate that thing inside me, and unfortunately, that's what it would be, a thing, not a potential baby. I would also be really disgusted with the whole situation. I guess in a way, I would feel violated even after the rape knowing I was pregnant with it.

I know all that sounds harsh, but those are just my raw feelings about that situation if I were in it.

A woman who can go through that situation and carry that baby to full term, well... more power to her. But I just know I wouldn't be able to.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80

In all honesty (this is just my personal feelings) I would hate that thing inside me,

Wow. I dont think I've ever seen that put so bluntly. No disrespect intended, but that sentence I quoted above sickens me, as a mother.

I am the mother of a soon-to-be 4 year old daughter. Her father left me the minute he found out I was pregnant. I was alone, with no job, and no home. Not once did I consider the easy way out (abortion). Not once did I consider my child "that thing inside me". Granted, she was not conceived of rape, but she was concieved at the lowest of lows in my life, and never once did I consider making her pay for my life situation.

She is the love of my life to this day. I am still single, struggling to survive paycheck to paycheck and I thank the lord every day that she throws her arms around me and hugs me tight that I didnt take the easy way out.

Good for you lilcountri!!!! :clap: :clap:

I personally applaud this woman for her efforts. She is brave and she makes an excellent point that it is about the baby and his or her life as well as the mothers. I think she proves a child like this can grow up and be a great person. I can't imagine how she feels when people say abortion is wrong instead of cases of incest or rape. I have seen other stories on t.v. about married women that were raped and had the babies and raised them as part of their family. Just because a woman is raped,doesn't mean that child is 100% the rapists child. It is still part of you,and your flesh and blood. I can't imagine what this must be like to be in a situaton of this nature,but I think the awareness she raises is a good thing for sure.

I have a friend who was raped. She ended up getting pregnant with twins, she had them and is raising them. Her husband, now, has adopted them. I think she is an awesome woman for doing this. The strength she has, whew!!
I am against abortion, but I honestly, in all Good faith, can not even imagine what I would do in that situation.
And good for you Lil!!!! :D

before everyone thats pro-life eviscerates brneyedgrl80, lets look at what she's talking about, k?

Rape, if you haven't experienced it, is a seriously emotionally devastating crime. Much more than physically devastating. Unlike a conception of mutually consensual sex, the conception through rape is a CONSTANT reminder of the assault for the remainder of that persons life. To verbally hammer someone for stating that they "would hate that thing inside me" as their personal feelings about being a rape victim is plain wrong.

It's not anyones place to tell another person how they should feel or react to any given circumstance and its certainly not anyones place to force them to live with the emotional trauma of rape any longer than they feel they have to.

Only one person said anything. Probably it was best to leave the sleeping dog lie. The thread is about the lady in the story. Not about brneyedgrl80.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Only one person said anything. Probably it was best to leave the sleeping dog lie. The thread is about the lady in the story. Not about brneyedgrl80.

nipping it in the bud, before it got started. I also applaud the lady in the story. Strength in the face of adversity is a quality that can be admired in anyone.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Mmmm.... I just know I wouldn't be able to do that.

I just know how I am personally, I would never carry that child to full term. The moment I could go to a clinic and have the abortion the better.

In all honesty (this is just my personal feelings) I would hate that thing inside me, and unfortunately, that's what it would be, a thing, not a potential baby. I would also be really disgusted with the whole situation. I guess in a way, I would feel violated even after the rape knowing I was pregnant with it.

I know all that sounds harsh, but those are just my raw feelings about that situation if I were in it.

A woman who can go through that situation and carry that baby to full term, well... more power to her. But I just know I wouldn't be able to.

THis statement scares and sickens me as well. It seems that you consider an unborn child as a 'thing' rather than a human being. Lefties always say "Oh what about the children?" or War causes death of women and children. But they have no acknowledgement of the child that is not yet born, the one that is THE most helpless, yet gets the least amount of protection in our society, due to liberal legislation. You shouldn't have to be born, to count as a human life. It's funny how the liberals say that we shouldn't hate one another, yet you just stated that you would HATE the THING inside you. It's sad that you would not regard this as a human life. It is not an alien from Mars, it is not a random species. It is a HUMAN.

As far as rape is concerned, I can understand that you would have negative feelings toward the child, and that is understandable. But what about adoption? There are so many couples that want to adopt, why not help give them the chance? Think of it as helping a family who WANTS a baby, but cannot have one, and you are contributing to society. You can even choose the family you want to care for your child while you are pregnant.

I have told this several times, maybe it will hit home.

My mother was 16 when I was born. My bio-father wanted nothing to do with me, and that's when my mom met my dad. He decided to adopt me at my birth, as his own. He was 18. This is a BIG choice for an 18 yr old, barely out of HS. He told everyone that I was in fact his, even though really, biologically I was not. My mom worked PT right up until I was born, and my dad worked 2 jobs so my mother could stay home with me and finish her HS diploma-yes she stayed in HS, and finished with the rest of her classmates. Their relationship didn't work out, and I was almost 4 when they split. I moved in with my grandma while my mom went to nursing school full time. My dad was an OTR driver, so I could not live with him.

I am not 24, married, with an 11m.o. son. My mother's example of how hard it is to want to be a teenager at the same time as being a mother. Now I know I was not conceived in rape, but at the same time, my mother was 16, and had full right to abort me. She chose not to. She chose to take the HARD path. And it paid off, and ended up being a blessing in disguise. She is a grandma at 40, still young enough to keep up with her VERY active grandson. She has worked hard all her life and is now working FT as an RN at the same hospital that I had my son at. She since remarried and was blessed with 2 more girls, that are now 16 and 11.

My dad remarried as well. I have 2 rambunctious brothers, 18 & 13, and an awesome 6 yr old sister with whom I share a great interest in horses and coloring books. She is almost big enough to where I will be teaching her how to ride. She loves the idea of being Auntie Ashley--at 6 yrs old.

Just because a child is conceived out of wedlock or even rape, does not mean that their life is any less valuable. They could be the next President. They could be the scientist that finds the cure for cancer. They could be the creator of the next great invention.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
THis statement scares and sickens me as well. It seems that you consider an unborn child as a 'thing' rather than a human being.

Please read my first post.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
before everyone thats pro-life eviscerates brneyedgrl80, lets look at what she's talking about, k?

I didnt intend my post to be a personal attack on Brneyedgrl. I was sickened by the choice of wording moreso than anything. I apologize if it came off as flaming... it wasnt intended that way. I respect her posts and her opinions...

However, DK, I do want to respond to one thing in your post...
Rape, if you haven't experienced it, is a seriously emotionally devastating crime. Much more than physically devastating. Unlike a conception of mutually consensual sex, the conception through rape is a CONSTANT reminder of the assault for the remainder of that persons life.

I agree and know that rape is both physically and emotionally devastating. What I'd like to point out, is there are consant reminders to survivors of rape everywhere, conception through rape is not the only reminder. No one ever "forgets", and there are reminders everywhere, anything from someone resembling the attacker to a crack in the sidewalk. Conception through rape is horrible, dont get me wrong. For someone to survive rape, they need to be strong to begin with, and its even harder when there is a child born out of the experience. Regardless, its still a child, and has 50% of the mother. Unfortunately, the baby will end up paying for the father's crime.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I didnt intend my post to be a personal attack on Brneyedgrl. I was sickened by the choice of wording moreso than anything. I apologize if it came off as flaming... it wasnt intended that way. I respect her posts and her opinions...

However, DK, I do want to respond to one thing in your post...

I agree and know that rape is both physically and emotionally devastating. What I'd like to point out, is there are consant reminders to survivors of rape everywhere, conception through rape is not the only reminder. No one ever "forgets", and there are reminders everywhere, anything from someone resembling the attacker to a crack in the sidewalk. Conception through rape is horrible, dont get me wrong. For someone to survive rape, they need to be strong to begin with, and its even harder when there is a child born out of the experience. Regardless, its still a child, and has 50% of the mother. Unfortunately, the baby will end up paying for the father's crime.

Thank you. I don't care what DK posted. This is my take on her comments as well.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal

lil, I wasn't saying you were making a personal attack at all. I simply wanted to stop any before they started.

Thank you. I don't care what DK posted. This is my take on her comments as well.

then I look forward to more of your 'insightful' comments and posts. :rolleyes:

then I look forward to more of your 'insightful' comments and posts. :rolleyes:

oh, so my thoughts and feelings are less valid because they don't agree with you. This is SO typical of what liberals do. Someone else's comments and thoughts are not as valid and should not be taken seriously because they DIFFER or contradict yours. Wow. How open minded you are. You think that you are better than me? I get that feeling EVERYTIME you try to slap a conservative down for posting what they think and feel.

oh, so my thoughts and feelings are less valid because they don't agree with you. This is SO typical of what liberals do. Someone else's comments and thoughts are not as valid and should not be taken seriously because they DIFFER or contradict yours. Wow. How open minded you are. You think that you are better than me? I get that feeling EVERYTIME you try to slap a conservative down for posting what they think and feel.

fuzzy, I refer you to your comment "I don't care what DK posted." and DARE you to face the hypocrisy of your last post.

tell me where it is hypocritical.

are you being ignorant or obtuse?

let me point out your hypocrisy.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

followed by

so my thoughts and feelings are less valid because they don't agree with you.

YOU are the one that said you didn't care what I posted making YOUR position that my thoughts and feelings are less valid because they don't agree with you. Then you made a pathetic attempt to make yourself look like the attacked conservative being stomped on by a liberal with the following rhetorical BS.

This is SO typical of what liberals do. Someone else's comments and thoughts are not as valid and should not be taken seriously because they DIFFER or contradict yours. Wow. How open minded you are. You think that you are better than me? I get that feeling EVERYTIME you try to slap a conservative down for posting what they think and feel.

There is where you're being a hypocrite. Are you now enough of a 'republican' to accept it?

are you being ignorant or obtuse?

let me point out your hypocrisy.

quote:

followed by

so my thoughts and feelings are less valid because they don't agree with you.

YOU are the one that said you didn't care what I posted making YOUR position that my thoughts and feelings are less valid because they don't agree with you. Then you made a pathetic attempt to make yourself look like the attacked conservative being stomped on by a liberal with the following rhetorical BS.

This is SO typical of what liberals do. Someone else's comments and thoughts are not as valid and should not be taken seriously because they DIFFER or contradict yours. Wow. How open minded you are. You think that you are better than me? I get that feeling EVERYTIME you try to slap a conservative down for posting what they think and feel.

There is where you're being a hypocrite. Are you now enough of a 'republican' to accept it?

This is NOT hypocritical. I didn't care what you had posted about not attacking brneyes, because what i posted was NOT an attack. It was a perspective on the choice of word that were used.

But then you go on to say YOUR opinion on her comments, than act like yours are the ones that are right, and everyone else is wrong.

Forum List

Back