CDZ Rape and guns, and the women in your life....

The flaw in your premise is the ass-sumption that rape, and with it gunplay, are inevitable, and therefore one must counteract the other. In other words you address the symptom rather than the disease.

It's the same puerile argument as "the answer to guns is more guns" --- for that matter a mass shooting is the same psychological dynamic as rape: a power trip. THAT is where we start. Because you don't put out a fire by dousing it in gasoline.

When you have a fire already burning.....a woman being raped....you put it out first, then deal with the psychological issues of the pyromaniac....

You don't think that rape is inevitable as part of the human condition? Really?

No, I don't. I've never even considered raping anyone. Have you?

Nope....but we aren't the totality of "humanity' are we?

Nope... but we are part of it aren't we?

Do you think that even though you never raped, it's "inevitable" that in time you will?

This line of thought reminds me of the old Heavy Car argument. The idea that the bigger and bulkier a vehicle is, the "safer" it is based on testing. Ignoring the fact that those tests are not "safety" tests, but CRASH tests, which ass-sumes the crash is, again, inevitable. And again the premise is flawed because the crash (the rape) was not inevitable, and in fact the bigger bulkier vehicle is *LESS* able to avoid that crash in the first place so it's at best a self-fulfilling prophecy.

See what I did there?

You are arguing silliness. I don't murder either, but it's obvious that murder is in the human condition.

The difference is some of us , like you and I for example, and 2A can control our base urges.

Want proof of that? Can you seriously say you've never thought in your life "I'd like to kill that person?" I doubt you can. The difference is , you didn't do it. You controlled yourself.

Yep, that's the point. Thanks.

Forum List

Back