Ranking The Parasites

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Nobody feeds at the public trough more than the education industry. I’d like to see an accurate listing of where the rest of the tax dollar parasites rank. I’m pretty sure that charity hustlers rank a close second to education. Environmental parasites are just getting started, that is why I would to see where they rank on a complete list as of today.

solyndra-reuters-e1413571791189.jpg

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports that IRS tax subsidies to green energy operators “accounted for an estimated $13.7 billion in forgone revenue to the federal government for renewable projects and $1.4 billion for traditional projects” between 2004 and 2013.

That’s a lot of money, but the IRS can’t (or won’t) tell government auditors how much green energy generating capacity their tax subsidies are supporting. The GAO says the IRS “is not required to collect project level data from all taxpayers” who claim an Investment Tax Credit (ITC) or Production Tax Credit (PTC).

XXXXX

“The most conspicuous example of this addiction is the wasteful wind subsidy – which costs taxpayers about $6 billion every year we extend it, enough to double basic energy research at the Department of Energy,” Alexander said in a March hearing.

Report: IRS Hands Out $14 Billion For Green Energy, Doesn’t Keep Track Of It
Michael Bastasch
10:39 AM 05/29/2015

IRS Hands Out Billions For Green Energy Doesn t Track It The Daily Caller

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/b...-win-on-price-vs-conventional-fuels.html?_r=0

“Wind was on sale — it was a Blue Light Special,” said Jay Godfrey, managing director of renewable energy for the company. He noted that Oklahoma, unlike many states, did not require utilities to buy power from renewable sources.

“We were doing it because it made sense for our ratepayers,” he said.

According to a study by the investment banking firm Lazard, the cost of utility-scale solar energy is as low as 5.6 cents a kilowatt-hour, and wind is as low as 1.4 cents. In comparison, natural gas comes at 6.1 cents a kilowatt-hour on the low end and coal at 6.6 cents. Without subsidies, the firm’s analysis shows, solar costs about 7.2 cents a kilowatt-hour at the low end, with wind at 3.7 cents.

Dirty coal at 6.6 cents per kilowatt, and that is with subsidies. Wind at 3.7 cents per kilowatt, without any subsidies.

Well yes, I suppose that you 'Conservatives' feel that all education is useless. After all, your postings prove that you have had very little of that, and you probably own the best singlewide in the trailer park.

Forum List

Back