Ranking Operating Systems

Atari DOS

post-9246-1194026632.jpg

Video seems to be several years outdated.
Just because of the Windows logo? And you don´t have to guess, you can check when it was uploaded.
comp
Only a very few people know the difference between upload and download.
Really? And what has that to do with this three weeks old video?
lleg

Yes, and I had explain the difference to a college educated computer expert, the horror. An expert is a drip under pressure.

Last edited:
Just because of the Windows logo? And you don´t have to guess, you can check when it was uploaded.
comp
lleg

Yes, and I had explain the difference to a college educated computer expert, the horror. An expert is a drip under pressure.
Quite an expert...

comp
lleg

Quite an expert...

Quote the expert, digital subtraction. The Univac shown in my avatar is ma frame shown in my avatar is a digalsubtr

Last edited:
comp
lleg

Quite an expert...

Quote the expert, digital subtraction.
Is that the download?

It's ok... the guy has what I like to refer to as "surface knowledge". Which really means he knows very little.
Ranking Win98 as one of the best OS's is truly laughable. It was quite terrible for most of it's active life. Like most Microsoft operating systems, it became stable and pretty good right before they replace it with another suckface OS... rinse and repeat. W98SE SP2 was a decent OS. Which is likely what he has behind him.

comp
lleg

Quite an expert...

Quote the expert, digital subtraction.
Is that the download?

The upload comes from the Mylar tape and the download comes from core memory. Clock time, two microseconds in 1968.

Last edited:
It's ok... the guy has what I like to refer to as "surface knowledge". Which really means he knows very little.
Ranking Win98 as one of the best OS's is truly laughable. It was quite terrible for most of it's active life. Like most Microsoft operating systems, it became stable and pretty good right before they replace it with another suckface OS... rinse and repeat. W98SE SP2 was a decent OS. Which is likely what he has behind him.
I agree with him on Windows. Windows 9x is GREAT. Windows 10 is GARBAGE. Windows 9.x is the first truly user friendly OS and provides a maximum of freedom. There are no more limitations and we are still in the 9x generation but modern OS try to place the user under disability, bring limitations, watch his behavior.

I agree with him on Windows. Windows 9x is GREAT. Windows 10 is GARBAGE. Windows 9.x is the first truly user friendly OS and provides a maximum of freedom. There are no more limitations and we are still in the 9x generation but modern OS try to place the user under disability, bring limitations, watch his behavior.
98SESP2 was a very good OS. Totally agree. It was indeed a game changer, and still to this day what the modern OS is modeled after.

Forum List

Back